Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 06:47 PM

4 posts, read 6,542 times

Advertisements

just wanted to get some opinons on something. i'm in a year long relationship. i have met his closest friends. one friend in particular, whom he'll be in his wedding is where my question comes in. his friend's fiance, sends my boyfriend occasional text messages saying his friend wants to see him and invites my boyfriend over for dinner. now mind you, my boyfriend and his friend text and call one another. so i'm finding it a bit weird the fiance is texting asking this on occasion. his friendship and closeness is with his male friend, not really with her. am i totally off in thinking her actions are a bit questionable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 06:51 PM

61,694 posts, read 87,077,794 times
A bit?? I already feel sorry with your friend...

Old 12-29-2011, 06:52 PM

1,602 posts, read 4,159,256 times
Everything is situational ...

If he is going to be in his wedding, he must be pretty close with him - like best friends ? So why can't he be friends with both of them ?? Perhaps she texts him in front of her fiance, or maybe she likes when they all hang out - it's nice that couples do that ...

Are you jealous, it bothers you, your concerned this girl is engaged, and wants your man ?? What's going through your mind ??

Old 12-29-2011, 06:57 PM

i mentioned his relationship is with the guy and not really with her. why does a grown woman have to text her fiance's friend saying the guy wants to see him and hang out with him, when they my boyfriend and his friend do text, call and hang out with one another. couples that hang out is great but her texts and the reasons for her texts are odd. that's my opinon.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:04 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwvirgo View Post
just wanted to get some opinons on something. i'm in a year long relationship. i have met his closest friends. one friend in particular, whom he'll be in his wedding is where my question comes in. his friend's fiance, sends my boyfriend occasional text messages saying his friend wants to see him and invites my boyfriend over for dinner. now mind you, my boyfriend and his friend text and call one another. so i'm finding it a bit weird the fiance is texting asking this on occasion. his friendship and closeness is with his male friend, not really with her. am i totally off in thinking her actions are a bit questionable?
not a big deal, nothing to worry about.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:07 PM

If they're getting married, and he's that close to him, they're probably ALL friends. Which means once they are married, they'll probably have friends over time to time, and he'll be included. I don't see the big deal, but then again, I am friends with my BFF for 35 years now, AND, I am friends with her husband. He is like my brother.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:09 PM

If it bothers you that much, perhaps you should sit down and talk to him instead of asking for advice from strangers who don't know them, the situation, or the closeness in the friendship ... Mindful, if you cause a rift, you won't be going to that wedding ... lol!!!

Old 12-29-2011, 07:12 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
How long has your BF known that woman? It sounds like you are not being included and I think you are right to wonder why.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:36 PM

my bf doesn't know her well. she's a shy woman who doesn't talk much in person, yet has much to say via text i guess. i have too much on my hands to be texting another of my bf's male friends saying should spend time with my bf cuz he wants to spend time with him or invite the friend over for dinner. if my bf is such good friends he'll be contacting him on his own.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:43 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwvirgo View Post
Yeah. You are quite a bit off.

You are not the jealous girlfriend type are you???

First of all, this is your boyfriend's friend's soon to be wife. Why would you make this some sort of issue as if they are secretly seeing each other???

Honestly, you are going to destroy this relationship with your actions. You watch!

What's wrong with his friend saying, "Hey hon, can you text my bro and tell him we are running late?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships