U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: So women...what is the thing that matters the most when dating a man?
his personality 27 37.50%
his looks 2 2.78%
the kind of job he has 2 2.78%
his sense of humor 6 8.33%
his education 1 1.39%
the kind of car he drives 1 1.39%
the kind of friends and family he has 1 1.39%
his hygiene 2 2.78%
the amount of money he has 10 13.89%
his manners 2 2.78%
his background 2 2.78%
his health 1 1.39%
his intelligence 4 5.56%
his religion 0 0%
other 11 15.28%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 12:40 PM

6 posts, read 2,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I agree I think that's part of my problem the women on these online dating sites are just so flakey. They act like picking a man is going to the grocery store and picking fruit.

I agree with the advice you referenced because they basically told him to go out with the girl. I just think you have wierd views on dating I don't see where a dinner and movie date is goofy . Very odd I must say. What is this scene you speak of?? You must be one of those women that likes go to tea parties and put your pinky in the air. Women around me like to go Penguin games.

I agree the things I listed are pretty basic...but even so, not guaranteed as indicated by the number of men that cheat. I have a long list of qualities that the ice queens don't take the time to see I'll have to work on selling myself in a half hour period better lol. Even you admit you and your husband essentially bonded over time...that's all I'm asking for. So in way you met your husband in the same way I want to meet my future wife - yet you make it sound like I'm being reasonable!!

Now this is good advice...it's just hard when you're on a streak of meeting ice queens.
ok, in Russia it is a very good game in first date - something like a flirt: check on the scale of interest of man to woman - whether he is interested in it 2 time.
Dinner we can pay for themselves)) and we do not ask a man about the material well-being here in Russia, it is not brought up for people here.
I read forum and see that you have some features..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 12:41 PM

19,081 posts, read 12,400,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I agree with the advice you referenced because they basically told him to go out with the girl.
He told him to go out with her and see how it goes. If he likes the way the date goes, great. If he doesn't, move on. How can you agree with it when you have taken issue with women not giving Altguy or other guys second dates? It's only ok when a man decides after one date, but it's not ok for women? I'm not sure how you reconcile that in your head.

Quote:
I just think you have wierd views on dating I don't see where a dinner and movie date is goofy . Very odd I must say. What is this scene you speak of?? You must be one of those women that likes go to tea parties and put your pinky in the air. Women around me like to go Penguin games.
I do think it's goofy. To each their own. And tea parties? Well, maybe mushroom tea parties back in my dead head days. You have an uncanny inability to read people. Dh and I were into the same music, went to the same events and parties, etc. It's interesting that you don't know what a scene is. Don't you have favorite local bands, or DJs, or whatever that you go see on a regular basis? Where you typically make friends who are into the same things, and you go out together, wash/repeat.

What's a penguin game?

Quote:
I agree the things I listed are pretty basic...but even so, not guaranteed as indicated by the number of men that cheat. I have a long list of qualities that the ice queens don't take the time to see I'll have to work on selling myself in a half hour period better lol. Even you admit you and your husband essentially bonded over time...that's all I'm asking for. So in way you met your husband in the same way I want to meet my future wife - yet you make it sound like I'm being reasonable!!
You'll never meet a woman the way I met my husband online. It's simply not a possibility. Meeting people online means you are not off line living. When I met my husband there were no expectations. There was none of this god awful neediness. There was shared enjoyment over music, lots of dancing, spinning, and hoopla. We'd catch a drink here and there and babble for a few hours. It was easy. He was easy. OTOH, many of you guys are not easy.

Old 01-08-2012, 01:40 PM

12,296 posts, read 7,401,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
You'll never meet a woman the way I met my husband online. It's simply not a possibility. Meeting people online means you are not off line living. When I met my husband there were no expectations. There was none of this god awful neediness. There was shared enjoyment over music, lots of dancing, spinning, and hoopla. We'd catch a drink here and there and babble for a few hours. It was easy. He was easy. OTOH, many of you guys are not easy.
I like easy men too. lol

Old 01-08-2012, 02:32 PM

19,081 posts, read 12,400,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I like easy men too. lol
Yea, easy in so many ways.

Old 01-08-2012, 04:34 PM

34,134 posts, read 6,788,665 times
The initial post was one sentence:

So women...what is the thing that matters the most when dating a man?

Please answer the question and/or discuss the answers to the question, and stay on topic!

Old 01-14-2012, 02:54 PM

1,017 posts, read 1,175,131 times
A pretty good story...

http://www.match.com/magazine/articl...rticleid=12866

"When it comes to dating, we all have our romantic checklists.

For the most part, I think men and women agree on the key attributes we consider important in our romantic partners. Don’t we all want someone who’s decent, attractive, confident, loyal, has a great sense of humor, shares our values, operates with integrity, is a good communicator and emotionally healthy? Oh yes, and it doesn’t hurt if Mr. or Ms. Maybe is independently wealthy and has rock-star charisma, too.

But what if you just had to pick one attribute as the most critical for your mate to have? That’s where the sexes part company and prioritize some traits over others — or, in some cases, define those traits differently. For example, men and women might have separate definitions for an adjective like “passionate.” Everyone wants a passionate partner, but if you believe some stereotypes and outdated research, men more often associate that word with pure physical, sexual voracity, while women think of a deeply felt, lusty emotion that’s directed only at them.

Recently, I spoke with a variety of women to get them to tell me the one thing they absolutely, positively had to have in a guy they were seriously dating. With a little thought — and some prodding — most of the women I spoke with were clear about their top demands. Which one tops your list?"

Last edited by jacobwilliam77; 01-14-2012 at 02:56 PM.. Reason: url

Old 01-14-2012, 07:36 PM

33,810 posts, read 19,976,092 times
He has to care.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:32 PM

3,797 posts, read 4,298,436 times
Compatibility tops the charts with sense of humor running a close second. I have to be physically attracted but that is further down the line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships