Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 05:28 PM

629 posts, read 770,045 times

Advertisements

I think ive made my case pretty clear in my postings in this thread. If you want to catch up and then have a civil discussion I'd be up for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
So, its ok for you to believe that you deserve a beautiful woman even though you have very little to offer. Yet its not ok for a beautiful woman to believe that she deserves a partner who will provide her with the life that she desires.

You are not entitled to a woman who is a "10" just because you believe that you deserve to spend the rest of your life with a beautiful woman. I'm sure that you would have found love already if you were more realistic about that fact that you are not what a woman considers a "10".

Old 01-02-2012, 05:28 PM

93 posts, read 100,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
...And how many women (or men) from Mexico (or ANY country), have acquired these skills?

Many.. Many women down there are trilingual because they take English from the time they are in grade school, and when the go to University often have to go to Europe as part of the freshmen ,Sophmore curriculum in University where they acquire yet another language. Monterrey mexico for example, has a higher standard living ,cost of living then many towns in the US.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:33 PM

And by the way, when I was younger I always had an 8.5 to 9 in the looks dept on my arm. While my foreign wife is cute beyond belief I'd rate her 7.5 to 8.5 in looks. 10s in all other departments like Education, manners, respect for others. Shes a great mother also, taught our daughter to read a 3.5 YO

Old 01-02-2012, 05:34 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,668,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEssex View Post
Defensive are we? That Tom Brady must be a loser who couldnt find love because he married a Brazilian. George Clooney is practically married to an italian he must be socially inept. Keep putting things in your head and telling yourself whatever makes you feel good. Salma Hayek was rated the most desirable woman recently amongst men from the US. American women IN GENERAL were so much more attractive before feminism. For those of us that care about more than just looks on our women to include those things which truly are important in this world, South and central America is a great , close option. I dont think somebody should go there just to find a mate, I directed the thread at the poster in another thread so that he wouldnt make the mistake of doing the mail order thing in russia or Thailand. He should go take a Spanish immersion program down there, or something along the lines to better himself, and then see what happens while he was down there. My friend met his wife while in medical school in Guadalajara, my other buddy met his wife while in the Peace Corps in Argentina, and yet another met a wonderful venezualan dentist while he was down there in Spanish immersion school.
Brady married a Victoria's Secret supermodel. Salma Hayek is pretty awesome but guess who she married? A French billionaire and CEO. Clooney's italian ex is an actress and now he's seeing Stacy Keibler. They didn't 'settle' for foreigners because they were socially inept, they got with foreigners who are famous and/or rich because they themselves are famous and rich.

Not saying there's anything wrong with foreign women, but I feel like there's a stark contrast between celebs and stars marrying foreign celeb and stars and some guy who can't get dates going abroad to see if he can entice a woman based on his nationality.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:39 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,349,351 times
This thread has gone to the dogs. There is no need to put down American women to praise your foreign SO.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:40 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,715,235 times
Who cares where you find your women and how awesome they are...really, who gives a rats arse.

The issue is the denigration of women in general.

American women are all feminists and greedy and all foreign women are beautiful, great Mothers and all around perfection.

Both of these descriptions are stereotypes which are simply not true. They are simply silly and one dimensional.

The men posting here are not typical of the American men I mix with every single day. I see funny, cool, pretty nice guys with great wives/girlfriends and if they are single, they're still nice guys.

Shame on the men here, shame on your horrid personality and your narrow minded, egotistical outlook. Who the heck do you think you are that you demand such perfection from any woman on any continent?

Old 01-02-2012, 05:41 PM

8,012 posts, read 8,186,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
This thread has gone to the dogs. There is no need to put down American women to praise your foreign SO.
^^^^
This. Dear god this, but don't worry. They'll still moan and complain about American Women. And this thread will go another 50 pages.

At some point you have to wonder if these guys are just trolling.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:42 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,742,717 times
I've dated Latin women in the U.S. and while down in South America. I've also dated "American" women, Asian, Black, etc. Good is good, and bad is bad, regardless of where you are from. I've known women in South America who targeted American men so they could win them over and hopefully marry them and come to the United States. They didn't care what he looked like, how old he was, or whether he even treated them good or not. These women, often very beautiful, would be "recycled" among Americans coming and going. They were no better than the American groupies who chase rich musicians and athletes, only to them, a man who makes $75K per year and lives in the U.S. is wealthy by their standard of living.

But for every Latin girl on the beach throwing themselves at fat middle aged American and European men, there were ten women in that country who would not have anything to do with you just because you're an American. They wouldn't even blink at an American, especially in the bigger cities.

Any guy who thinks he's going to be happier marrying a foreign woman most likely falls into one of two categories...bitter and frustrated because he can't get a woman in the states, or completely disillusioned and clueless. Let me tell you something, once you start living together for a few years, I don't care who you marry, you'll quibble and gripe about the same crap whether you married American or foreign. There's no free lunch, you might find success early on with a Latin or Asian woman from a third world country, but sooner or later she'll be done spoiling and pampering you and you'll find yourself hating all women from country "X", and looking for the next bargain.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:49 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,489,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEssex View Post
Defensive are we? That Tom Brady must be a loser who couldnt find love because he married a Brazilian.

Tom Brady is a millionaire athlete (not a grocery store clerk) and is married to a millionaire Brazilian (supermodel)

George Clooney is practically married to an italian he must be socially inept.

George Clooney dumped the Italian last year and is now dating an American actress

Keep putting things in your head and telling yourself whatever makes you feel good. Salma Hayek was rated the most desirable woman recently amongst men from the US.

Salma Hayek is a successful actress and is married to a French BILLIONAIRE.

American women IN GENERAL were so much more attractive before feminism. For those of us that care about more than just looks on our women to include those things which truly are important in this world, South and central America is a great , close option. I dont think somebody should go there just to find a mate, I directed the thread at the poster in another thread so that he wouldnt make the mistake of doing the mail order thing in russia or Thailand. He should go take a Spanish immersion program down there, or something along the lines to better himself, and then see what happens while he was down there. My friend met his wife while in medical school in Guadalajara, my other buddy met his wife while in the Peace Corps in Argentina, and yet another met a wonderful venezualan dentist while he was down there in Spanish immersion school.

Answers in blue and bold.

I have no issue with (equal) international match ups. But men who specifically seek out mail order type situations and believe that they can find some secret cache of hot, virgin foreign women who crave to live in a trailer park and have unending sex with big beergut paupers are unreal.

I have had my own relationships with non-American men, as well. However, I have never felt the need to sing the praises of foreign men over American men. Men are men. And yet, these American men who are a "3" and feel that they deserve a "10" are very quick to bash American women are simply ridiculous.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:49 PM

I tried to illustrate the demographic and political forces that effect an entire cohort of American men and why it might be a great option to seek a partner from another country. Typically im am ignored and insulted for my choice by people who no nothing about me my wife or the topic at hand.

Ignornant ugly americans. Im ashamed of you all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.