Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 09:53 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,736,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
So, I'm wondering what is making people say that American women don't put their families first...
What they mean Dewdrop, is that American women don't worship at the feet of their man unlike every other culture in the whole world

The reality is women in developing counties or even non-Western developed counties put their parents and children first, not their man.

American men just didn't get that part of the memo

Old 01-02-2012, 09:57 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
What they mean Dewdrop, is that American women don't worship at the feet of their man unlike every other culture in the whole world

The reality is women in developing counties or even non-Western developed counties put their parents and children first, not their man.

American men just didn't get that part of the memo
You're way off base...I wonder why this subject bothers you so much? I've never seen any guy say they want a subservient woman. From what I can tell that's the line American women have to use because they won't admit there is definitely a problem in our culture. Do you even know any foreign women and have you been out of the country? I do...and have been.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
You're way off base...I wonder why this subject bothers you so much? I've never seen any guy say they want a subservient woman. Do you even know any foreign women and have you been out of the country? I do...and have been.
I am a foreign woman

Old 01-02-2012, 10:04 AM

370 posts, read 1,365,802 times
These threads are ignorant and insulting. A person is a person and an individual, regardless of her country.

Apparently some men here just don't have what it takes to get a woman in the normal way so they have to insult ALL AMERICAN ladies and compare them to foreign women WHO MUST BE BETTER simply because THEY ARE NOT AMERICAN LADIES.

Self loathing is such a sad thing, gentlemen.

It's also insulting to non-American women who must need to be with ANYONE so much that they will DO ANYTHING or BE ANYTHING to get a man or a hot meal or both.

I have a foreign husband myself and he's not 'stereotypical' of his nation, just a real person with good and bad points.

Hello reality check.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:04 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,684,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I had a date with a woman last nioght who is half Spanish/half Thai. She was beautiful, but she is so American acting its not even funny. Wouldn't talk about anything serious, name dropped, talked about shopping, etc. I just can't deal with materialistic women (or people in general) who think they are better than everyone. This one acted that way. However, in general, true Latin women are raised to put family first, unlike many American women. I really like that about them. I'm not looking for a subserviant (sp?) woman, just one that likes to please her man. I also don't want her barefoot and pregnant. I want someone educated who can help me support the family because it takes 2 incomes. Its hard to find. Maybe I should move back to South Florida.
You might have to move to a Latin American or Thailand to keep your foreign woman from being corrupted by American women. It's very hard to keep them pure for long if they come here and are exposed to the materialistic American woman. It seems those values rub off on those perfect foreign women very very fast.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think you need to take the OP's advice and get to a Latin American website to meet luscious babes.

Imagine -- there you can find a woman who makes more money than you could spend, you won't have to worry about working ever again. The sex is fantastic because these women always want it, they're masters at sex. Their figures are fantastic, they never gain weight or not in the wrong areas, and they are domestic goddesses when it comes to loving housework and their big boobs never get in the way of them and their housework.

Do not -- and I repeat do not expect this from an American woman. She might make only a 5 figure income, she might gain some weight over the years, she might be too tired after work to get busy on housework. She might even *gasp* ask you to help around the house, she might even argue with you at times. Go with the latinas.
I don't need a lot of money to spend since a lot of things I like to do are free like hiking out in nature. I could also care less about bosom size. Single American women are obsessed with money, material things and status....not me. How times have you seen a woman in America say they won't date a guy unless he makes x amount of money? I don't agree with just looking in Latin American countries...although it is closer to fly there.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcowmayhem View Post
Men don't really care if women have degrees or make six figures. They want a homemaker.
As well as someone who can 'bring in the money' and not expect them to do anything extra while doing both.

Sorry to say it, men usually want it both ways because not everyone makes decent money and cannot afford to have the wife sitting home like June Cleaver.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarysPoppins View Post
These threads are ignorant and insulting. A person is a person and an individual, regardless of her country.

Apparently some men here just don't have what it takes to get a woman in the normal way so they have to insult ALL AMERICAN ladies and compare them to foreign women WHO MUST BE BETTER simply because THEY ARE NOT AMERICAN LADIES.

Self loathing is such a sad thing, gentlemen.

It's also insulting to non-American women who must need to be with ANYONE so much that they will DO ANYTHING or BE ANYTHING to get a man or a hot meal or both. I have a foreign husband myself and he's not 'stereotypical' of his nation, just a real person with good and bad points.

Hello reality check.
You're saying every culture in the world is the same as ours?

Old 01-02-2012, 10:12 AM

Half of the Central and Latin American countries are developing nations with a huge amount of poverty and many are not English speaking at all. So tell us, how do you go about obtaining this mythical woman who has so much more to offer you? How do you intend to break into the circles of these women and start a relationship with them? Why do you think they would want to leave their family (remember those values are the ones you are holding so dear)? Have any of you actually dealt with immigration and Visas because it's not much fun doing that?

The reality is much more difficult than the fantasy.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:13 AM

No of course not.

What happened to love? I don't think a man will find true love with any girl who spends her time wishing for the next best car or a 5 star vacation if he cannot provide it.

You will find a nice, non materialistic girl but remember that the probability of that happening plus the girl being a knock out with a model face, body, a perfect personality and so on is not likely.

Also the older you get, the harder it is to get someone without much to offer.

Try to be open to things, and not so cynical.

If you like a certain culture, by all means, seek a partner from there. But just because you have some idea ALL American girls want a rich man does not mean you are right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships