Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you engage in any aspect of the BDSM lifestyle on a regular basis?
Yes 13 17.33%
No 62 82.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 05:47 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,468 times

Advertisements

I have seen it, and know people personally who do it, but like I said it does nothing for me. The people I know who do it, are married and they love it, and it seems to go well for them. Doesn't bother me, I could care less what grown people do, as long as everyone is on the same page.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:50 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,297,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
It's not always about whips and chains, those are tools, true D/S isn't about slap and tickle, whips and chains it's about psychological and emotional domination and submission trust and pushing personal limits and boundaries, mind over matter and circumstance, and that's more along the line of mind games not about hitting someone for a thrill.
Unfortunatly for the pain lovers they are very prone to getting someone truly abusive and not being able to realize it until it is too late. There are some sick freaks who get their jollies from beating the daylights out of a woman or man. Those are not lovers. Those are sick, abusive, freaks!

Old 01-04-2012, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
I have seen it, and know people personally who do it, but like I said it does nothing for me. The people I know who do it, are married and they love it, and it seems to go well for them. Doesn't bother me, I could care less what grown people do, as long as everyone is on the same page.
Exactly. As long as all parties are in agreement there won't be a problem.

I think alot of people get confused when it comes to Dom/Sub and Master/Slave relationships. Most Master/Slave relationships start off as Dom/Sub relationships because the trust level MUST be there for a Master/Slave relationship.

Subs can stop the play when they choose. True slaves give up their ability to quit because they trust their Master enough to stop any play that is too difficult for them to handle and not to go too far in the first place.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:02 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
I can honestly say, never having tried it, I already know it's not for me.

I don't fit tidy into a role and I'm really not interested in submitting to someone or having someone submit to me.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:04 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times
I was just reading some threads in the DC forum and when I saw this I thought I was still in it, hahaha.

Anyway to answer the OP no I'm not active in that.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I can honestly say, never having tried it, I already know it's not for me.

I don't fit tidy into a role and I'm really not interested in submitting to someone or having someone submit to me.
Just as good too. Knowing your limits is the key to a good life and all of its aspects.

Some people know it is for them and others know that it certainly isn't for them.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:13 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
It fascinates me intellectually, but I would find that lifestyle difficult and overwhelming on a daily basis. (I am basically lazy with a poor imagination and a lot of other stuff to get done).

Old 01-04-2012, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
It fascinates me intellectually, but I would find that lifestyle difficult and overwhelming on a daily basis. (I am basically lazy with a poor imagination and a lot of other stuff to get done).
Don't sell yourself short! I am sure you have plenty of good ideas and a great imagination for the things you are passionate about!

Most do not live in a 24/7 setting. This is quite rare. Most live normal lives and have sex the same amount as others do. Just to be clear about my question I don't mean that you live the BDSM life on a daily basis. Just frequently according to your own sex life.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:30 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,554,526 times
I do have some (sexual and otherwise) submissive traits that come up when I'm in a relationship. However... BDSM as in chains, ropes, ritualized sex, punishment spanking, calling my SO "Master" and all? Not for me.

But I loved the movie Secretary!

Old 01-04-2012, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
I do have some (sexual and otherwise) submissive traits that come up when I'm in a relationship. However... BDSM as in chains, ropes, ritualized sex, punishment spanking, calling my SO "Master" and all? Not for me.

But I loved the movie Secretary!
Oh it doesn't have to be hardcore BDSM. Just anything you do that you know is part of the lifestyle on a regular basis. Everyone has their limits and I don't expect them to be the same as mine!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships