U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 03:39 PM

9,415 posts, read 11,288,524 times

Advertisements

Good job HurricaneDC.

I hope you both have a really great time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 04:04 PM

6,965 posts, read 10,853,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Yep, last night I finally nutted up and asked out this girl I'm interested in. I've "asked out" girls before but it's usually something like: "hey we should hang out and get lunch," not very indicative of romantic interest. This was a bonafide proposal for a date.

I called her in the afternoon and she didn't pick up so I let the ball be in her court and waited for her response. While at dinner with a friend I got a text from her saying hey, what's up, we should hang out. So I call her back a few minutes later after we left and asked her out for Saturday. She said she was busy.

BUT. She didn't end it there. She offered another time, next week, and we settled on Wednesday. I figure I'll contact her on like Sunday or Monday to hammer out the details.

Best part was that my two female roommates (I was hanging out with them and one's boyfriend last night) both thought it was sweet and a nice touch that I actually called to set it up, since in their experience most guys my age just text
Nice!

You're Jack Tripper dude!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs5MT...eature=related

Old 01-05-2012, 06:28 PM

25,419 posts, read 24,195,752 times
Ooooo! What fun, let us know how everything goes!

Old 01-05-2012, 06:32 PM

25,419 posts, read 24,195,752 times
Quote:

Best part was that my two female roommates (I was hanging out with them and one's boyfriend last night) both thought it was sweet and a nice touch that I actually called to set it up, since in their experience most guys my age just text
It WAS a nice touch!

Old 01-14-2012, 05:21 PM

9,397 posts, read 13,249,271 times
Well that was interesting. We got along quite well but it felt more like just hanging out with someone rather than a date. IDK. I don't think she's into me the way I'm into her :/ but I think I'll try for a second one. At least I finally nutted up and asked a girl out, with time I'll find one who says yes to a second date haha.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:31 PM

21,199 posts, read 20,139,890 times
Quote:
Well that was interesting. We got along quite well but it felt more like just hanging out with someone rather than a date. IDK. I don't think she's into me the way I'm into her :/ but I think I'll try for a second one. At least I finally nutted up and asked a girl out, with time I'll find one who says yes to a second date haha.
People don't always have instant chemistry - sometimes it takes time. My best friend almost didn't go out for a second date with her now husband! Sometimes things grow into something over time. Sometimes they don't - but sometimes they do!

Old 01-14-2012, 05:35 PM

16,416 posts, read 25,235,686 times
Quote:
Yep, last night I finally nutted up and asked out this girl I'm interested in. I've "asked out" girls before but it's usually something like: "hey we should hang out and get lunch," not very indicative of romantic interest. This was a bonafide proposal for a date.

I called her in the afternoon and she didn't pick up so I let the ball be in her court and waited for her response. While at dinner with a friend I got a text from her saying hey, what's up, we should hang out. So I call her back a few minutes later after we left and asked her out for Saturday. She said she was busy.

BUT. She didn't end it there. She offered another time, next week, and we settled on Wednesday. I figure I'll contact her on like Sunday or Monday to hammer out the details.

Nice dude -- Good luck

Old 01-14-2012, 05:36 PM

13,756 posts, read 18,416,477 times
Quote:
See what happens when you have CONFIDENCE and just go for it?

Way to go man. It only gets easier from here.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:39 PM

3,798 posts, read 6,030,875 times
Good job!

Old 01-14-2012, 05:40 PM

10,996 posts, read 11,146,579 times
Quote:

Very happy for you. You're going the right way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships