Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2007, 01:48 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,174,827 times

Advertisements

I agree with Pirate Girl - you have nothing in writing that says he has the kids EVERY weekend, he refuses to sign anything, Alexander doesn't seem to want to go every weekend.....play hardball.

If he shows up looking to take the kids, call the police and have him arrested for trespassing - on top of the warrant that will already be out for him, he's scr*wed.

I'm a tad crabby today, wish I had TJ here in front of me! <insert evil grin>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2007, 01:50 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
I want you gals on my side when the going gets tough!

Old 09-20-2007, 01:53 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,174,827 times
You got it Syn - just give a yell!

Old 09-20-2007, 02:20 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
the "evil" side of me would love to tell him "I was told because you couldn't be bothered to show up that they have issued a bench warrant against you, now I can not risk the kids if you should be stopped and they take you in for the warrant. so until we get this cleared up the kids will not be traveling alone with you."
If he whines tell him you were the one that didn't feel it was important.
heck I would check with your lawyer if he agrees he can send jim a letter saying the above.
after all jim wouldn't want the kids there should he be taken away .

Old 09-20-2007, 02:40 PM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,158,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
the "evil" side of me would love to tell him "I was told because you couldn't be bothered to show up that they have issued a bench warrant against you, now I can not risk the kids if you should be stopped and they take you in for the warrant. so until we get this cleared up the kids will not be traveling alone with you."
If he whines tell him you were the one that didn't feel it was important.
heck I would check with your lawyer if he agrees he can send jim a letter saying the above.
after all jim wouldn't want the kids there should he be taken away .

Good point !!!!!!!

Old 09-20-2007, 03:02 PM

788 posts, read 2,110,763 times
I don't want to seem nasty - but here goes - Robyn - do not let him take the kids this weekend - he can keep them and you will have to fight to get them back. Do not let him take them until he has signed an agreement - the police can do NOTHING about family law - I found this out the hard way and was without mine for a long weekend until the courts were back in session. He did not show up - put nothing past him . If he takes them and doesn't bring them back you can't do anything - even if he takes them out of state - there is no custody order right now and in the eyes of the law he is just as entitled to them as you are. The police were called in my instance and the woman was almost in tears when she told me that she couldn't do anything.
Not only that - but he is threatening you.........He also lied to you. Don't let them go - I have a very bad feeling about it.....He will do anything to get to you - what better way.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:25 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love the Bears View Post
I don't want to seem nasty - but here goes - Robyn - do not let him take the kids this weekend - he can keep them and you will have to fight to get them back. Do not let him take them until he has signed an agreement - the police can do NOTHING about family law - I found this out the hard way and was without mine for a long weekend until the courts were back in session. He did not show up - put nothing past him . If he takes them and doesn't bring them back you can't do anything - even if he takes them out of state - there is no custody order right now and in the eyes of the law he is just as entitled to them as you are. The police were called in my instance and the woman was almost in tears when she told me that she couldn't do anything.
Not only that - but he is threatening you.........He also lied to you. Don't let them go - I have a very bad feeling about it.....He will do anything to get to you - what better way.
I wholeheartedly agree. He's lied about the mediation appointment, to his own peril. He's just a nasty, nasty man that will stop at almost nothing to get you back. I firmly believe that he still feels that he can make a last ditch effort to get you to remain Robyn. Robyn, I hope you're well. This really will come out the worse for him. He's already clawing at anything to make you feel threatened and hoping you will give this all up.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:34 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,763,762 times
Exclamation Robyn, this is SO IMPORTANT

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love the Bears View Post
TJ's recent actions/lies/subterfuge have taken this to a whole new level. Please, please be in touch with your attorney and the DVU. I am truly hoping/praying that somehow TJ can be arrested for your and the children's safety. I too have a very bad feeling about this.

Old 09-20-2007, 04:29 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
I have been encouraged to keep positive, and to think of the final outcome as the one I want it to be. There is no way they will let him have the kids.

Above poster ILTB is right, neither of us has true custody, and they would not give me temp cust because i had already filed for custody and a hearing is out there. He can take the kids.

I was freaking out this afternoon because the kids were not answering the phone. I called the school and asked if their buses were running late or if someone had checked them out. They were more than an hour late getting home, I was scared to death.

I spoke to someone at the school who told me that one of their buses was running late, and the other was running late and with a sub. Still didn't make me feel better til I heard their voices.

I don't want to let him take the kids this weekend.

I go back to the fear of if i dont, what will he do. I hate being like this. It is so hard.

He has already called and asked them what they want to do this weekend.

I have gone to the court appointed mediation orientation, and he has not, I am guessing he will go next week, I DONT KNOW. oops.

He doesn't want to agree to anything because he doesn't want me to have the kids, because me not having the kids, would hurt me.

I could not believe the nerve of him saying his mind is clear now and he realizes what I HAVE DONE TO HIM.

I spoke to my lawyer today, but I will call tomorrow and set an appointment. Guns a blazin..

Thats all there is to it. There is no other way now. No civil, just no speech. Oh geez. I guess I better get ready.

Old 09-20-2007, 04:34 PM

36,412 posts, read 16,020,348 times
Ok I am caught up now. I agree, there is nothing in writing that he gets the kids every wekend. Keep them this weekend. Glad you showed up for your scheduled appt. He really screwed himself there. IB is in for a big awakening!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships