U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-07-2012, 05:37 AM
 
Location: St Thomas, US Virgin Islands
20,681 posts, read 22,785,351 times
Reputation: 21560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Wow, kemosabes have high tolerance levels for such crazy stuff. Am I missing something here
Missing what? Where's the confusion? A question was asked and the question is being answered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-07-2012, 09:00 AM
 
Location: Pawnee Nation
7,133 posts, read 9,270,677 times
Reputation: 6403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Wow, kemosabes have high tolerance levels for such crazy stuff.
Bad stuff happens to good people. You think maybe she contracted whatever it is on purpose? Went out and said "Tonight I am going to contract something to make my life miserable."? Depending on the std involved there are methods of dealing with them, and living a full and productive loving life. She should be rejected for something that happened to her? Maybe in your world you should do a comprehensive back ground check before you hook up. Make sure they don't have a congenital heart disease......don't want the partner you wanna grow old with dying at 46 from a heart attack, do you?

If she is worth dating, she is worth dealing with frailties.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Am I missing something here
yeah, a heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2012, 10:52 AM
 
9,717 posts, read 5,939,435 times
Reputation: 9734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Wow, kemosabes have high tolerance levels for such crazy stuff. Am I missing something here
We`re not all perfect like you !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2012, 11:09 AM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
43,383 posts, read 52,030,473 times
Reputation: 35598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture;22436813[B
]Bad stuff happens to good people.[/b] You think maybe she contracted whatever it is on purpose? Went out and said "Tonight I am going to contract something to make my life miserable."? Depending on the std involved there are methods of dealing with them, and living a full and productive loving life. She should be rejected for something that happened to her? Maybe in your world you should do a comprehensive back ground check before you hook up. Make sure they don't have a congenital heart disease......don't want the partner you wanna grow old with dying at 46 from a heart attack, do you?

If she is worth dating, she is worth dealing with frailties.

yeah, a heart.

So well said
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2012, 11:12 AM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
43,383 posts, read 52,030,473 times
Reputation: 35598
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetterbetter View Post
i care for a person, but found out she has std, and i am having a hard time with now knowing this and would you continue with the relationship? I understand you can't die from this, but it's still something I don't want to have on my body.... just a tough situation , just asking for any "good" advice...
When you are ready for a mature relationship and truly love someone this is not a "tough situation" at all.

You don't seem ready, so just keep dating for fun and feel free to avoid girls with any issue you find unacceptable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2012, 11:20 AM
 
3,062 posts, read 3,830,137 times
Reputation: 3154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Wow, kemosabes have high tolerance levels for such crazy stuff. Am I missing something here
Life experience perhaps?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2012, 07:16 PM
 
Location: Wherever women are
19,023 posts, read 12,839,444 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Bad stuff happens to good people. You think maybe she contracted whatever it is on purpose? Went out and said "Tonight I am going to contract something to make my life miserable."? Depending on the std involved there are methods of dealing with them, and living a full and productive loving life. She should be rejected for something that happened to her? Maybe in your world you should do a comprehensive back ground check before you hook up. Make sure they don't have a congenital heart disease......don't want the partner you wanna grow old with dying at 46 from a heart attack, do you?

If she is worth dating, she is worth dealing with frailties.

yeah, a heart.
You can't be serious

Herpes/HIV are set for life. You really think people should overlook that and enjoy intimacy and marry such persons, with repeated trips to the doctor. That's not having a heart, it's being irresponsible with personal health. One can freaking die, get all sorts of crazy things, that too things in the package. Don't pull that Rick Perry on me.

An asexual relationship perhaps. If both are 70+ and need each other's arms to go pee at night

And comparing heart disease to STD, are you under the influence or something? Please! What an insult to the millions who have natural heart disease to be pitted against contracting something by careless sexual contact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2012, 07:20 PM
 
Location: Wherever women are
19,023 posts, read 12,839,444 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post
Life experience perhaps?
I understand the compassion part. But a person can contract HIV or something, and the strain reacts different on different people, could end up killing the other person. Good investment for the doctor.

Not even judging the other person. It's okay if it's something secluded and can't infect the other person - like cancer or arthritis or paralysis.

These are venereal diseases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2012, 07:26 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
43,383 posts, read 52,030,473 times
Reputation: 35598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
You can't be serious

Herpes/HIV are set for life. You really think people should overlook that and enjoy intimacy and marry such persons, with repeated trips to the doctor. That's not having a heart, it's being irresponsible with personal health. One can freaking die, get all sorts of crazy things, that too things in the package. Don't pull that Rick Perry on me.

An asexual relationship perhaps. If both are 70+ and need each other's arms to go pee at night

And comparing heart disease to STD, are you under the influence or something? Please! What an insult to the millions who have natural heart disease to be pitted against contracting something by careless sexual contact.
You can hardly compare herpes to HIV Ant

And I do think our OP was referring to herpes, which is hardly the worst thing in the world a couple can deal with
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2012, 07:32 PM
 
Location: Wherever women are
19,023 posts, read 12,839,444 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You can hardly compare herpes to HIV Ant

And I do think our OP was referring to herpes, which is hardly the worst thing in the world a couple can deal with
HIV and herpes are the same in one aspect - neither of them has a complete scientific cure.

It doesn't matter if it's herpes or HIV.

It's permanent. Let's be responsible and not encourage spreading it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top