Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 02:36 PM

471 posts, read 479,993 times

Advertisements

If a girl only wants to hang out w you when alcohol is involved, does that mean she is only interested in you sexually?

Basically, this is the scenario:

-Drunk girl at bar all over me (2 weekends ago)
-Gives me her number; tells me we should get dinner
-I text her last Monday about dinner, she says, "uhh haha, just us two? I'm seeing someone right now, and I'm not sure that would go over well. I'm so sorry! "
-I drop it
-This week I text her some flirty/sexual things
-She eats it up; asks me what Im doing this weekend
-I suggest we get drinks, she says "That would be nice! I'm back in your city on X date"

So, she doesn't want to hang out over dinner, but she does over drinks.

She wants to just hook up, and not date? Am I reading this correctly?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 02:55 PM

22,192 posts, read 29,174,646 times
She's looking for a fling and that's it.

Old 01-07-2012, 03:09 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,226,269 times
She tells you she's seeing someone, you then proceed to text her "flirty/sexual things," and she says she'll meet you for drinks.

I would say this is a case where lying down with dogs means waking up with fleas, but I can't decide who the bigger dog in this situation is.

Old 01-07-2012, 03:14 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,706,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
She tells you she's seeing someone, you then proceed to text her "flirty/sexual things," and she says she'll meet you for drinks.

I would say this is a case where lying down with dogs means waking up with fleas, but I can't decide who the bigger dog in this situation is.
Yes, fleas could mean the following:

One fellow I dated said this girl was just after him to go out. When they went out she was all over him. They hook up. Later on she spreads a rumor that guy I dated got her pregnant.

After a lot of drama and nonsense the girl admitted that when she went out with him, she was already pregnant about six weeks, she had told the father and the father rejected her and the baby. So she thought she'd go and find a nice guy and accuse him of getting her pregnant. Him, being a nice guy would just go along with it the whole thing and her problems would be over.

Moral: Watch the fleas, the bites can be pretty bad.

Old 01-07-2012, 03:53 PM

51,904 posts, read 52,298,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post

Yeah, that is one of the Bennie's of hitting 40........ you think a little more clearly and with the appropriate head.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:07 PM

Im wondering if her "Im seeing someone right now" was her way of saying "No, I don't want to get dinner, but I do want to hook up with you over drinks"

Old 01-07-2012, 04:44 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,774,303 times
How do you NOT understand what she wants?

Old 01-07-2012, 04:49 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,862,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk50 View Post
If a girl only wants to hang out w you when alcohol is involved, does that mean she is only interested in you sexually?

Basically, this is the scenario:

-Drunk girl at bar all over me (2 weekends ago)
-Gives me her number; tells me we should get dinner
-I text her last Monday about dinner, she says, "uhh haha, just us two? I'm seeing someone right now, and I'm not sure that would go over well. I'm so sorry! "
-I drop it
-This week I text her some flirty/sexual things
-She eats it up; asks me what Im doing this weekend
-I suggest we get drinks, she says "That would be nice! I'm back in your city on X date"

So, she doesn't want to hang out over dinner, but she does over drinks.

She wants to just hook up, and not date? Am I reading this correctly?

Thanks
another case of analysis paralysis....sigh

Old 01-07-2012, 04:51 PM

532 posts, read 1,459,709 times
go for it..

Old 01-07-2012, 05:23 PM

My plan is to go tot he bar with my boys, and give her a text telling her to come join. That way, she won't feel the pressure of 1-1 meet up.

Good idea, or should I go for the 1-1 meet up instead?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships