Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 12:19 PM

86 posts, read 359,440 times

Advertisements

A guy just ask me my plans for the weekend, and I replied, not much... now he tells me , What are we doing???? and i was taken by surprise and replied : I dont know??? Do you think he took it as a rejection, or is he testing the waters to see if I would suggest something. I am old school, and I prefer the guy to invite you and suggest where to go....Your opinion is appreciated.

Last edited by ladyturquoise; 07-02-2011 at 01:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 12:22 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Flirting in the workplace can be dangerous for one's job, he may be treading very lightly and should.

He opened the door for you to suggest plans but since you didn't, he may try again later. For a guy to ask a woman out at work can open him up to a sexual harassment claim.

Old 07-03-2011, 04:02 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times
He's definately interested in being with you...that's just his cute way of hoping you'll go for it, and suggest going out together.I can't see him taking your answer as rejection.....more naivete on your part, and that in itself can be very intriguing...

Old 07-03-2011, 09:41 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Flirting in the workplace can be dangerous for one's job, he may be treading very lightly and should.

He opened the door for you to suggest plans but since you didn't, he may try again later. For a guy to ask a woman out at work can open him up to a sexual harassment claim.
Were they at work? I just reread the whole post and never read that into it.

Old 07-03-2011, 09:44 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,900,844 times
does it have to be an either/or situation? methinks you're clueless AND he is indirect.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:59 AM

22 posts, read 41,819 times
Really, I think I am on the same boat...Guys are afraid of asking you out in a direct way. I think he wants to test you, see what kind of girl you are...see if you could suggest something, but in my opinion, if you make the first move, you will never know if he really was into you or not...men feel very flattered to be asked out, even though they are not much into you...Advice: don't go out with him until he is more direct and tells you he wants to go out with you. No game playing girl!!!!

Old 07-06-2011, 12:36 PM

2,743 posts, read 4,826,275 times
I would like to add that this was an impolite way of asking, as there are only two responses:
I'm busy (sound of crash 'n burning opportunities),
I'm not busy (which can be embarrassing to the one asked).

The better format for the question is:
"If you're not busy this weekend, would you like to do something with me?"
Which allows for an answer of "Sorry, but I am busy", or "OK" which could allow for them choosing you over other plans.

Old 07-06-2011, 12:50 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times
I think this was his way of letting you know that he is interested, without rejection maybe?

Old 07-06-2011, 01:08 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,336,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyturquoise View Post
A guy just ask me my plans for the weekend, and I replied, not much... now he tells me , What are we doing???? and i was taken by surprise and replied : I dont know??? Do you think he took it as a rejection, or is he testing the waters to see if I would suggest something. I am old school, and I prefer the guy to invite you and suggest where to go....Your opinion is appreciated.
Old school or new school a guy OR GAL should have the "balls" to just ask directly none of this putting it on the other person so that you don't run the risk of rejection

Straight to the point: the guy seems like a wuss.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:08 PM

268 posts, read 391,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
Old school or new school a guy OR GAL should have the "balls" to just ask directly none of this putting it on the other person so that you don't run the risk of rejection

Straight to the point: the guy seems like a wuss.
Beat me to it. Spineless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships