Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 10:38 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,355,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesstjewel View Post
I want to love my husband but he is so mean, has no real understanding
So you married him hoping that will change him? Come on lady!!!!

Anyway, the answer to the OP is YES! She 's been away on a conference for 2 days now and Ive had to sleep on the couch because the bed is just too damn big. I can hear every sound in the house. I mean WTF is wrong with me? Cant wait to pick her up from the airport tonight!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 11:11 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,062,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
So you married him hoping that will change him? Come on lady!!!!

Anyway, the answer to the OP is YES! She 's been away on a conference for 2 days now and Ive had to sleep on the couch because the bed is just too damn big. I can hear every sound in the house. I mean WTF is wrong with me? Cant wait to pick her up from the airport tonight!
I get like this when my husband is gone! I never sleep in our bed when he's away.

I will admit that I do like some quiet time, but going to bed at night without him sucks. There's nobody next to me, nobody to chit chat with before I fall asleep and no kiss on the forehead before he goes to work.

When he's in China it is worse, because I can't even talk to him but once or twice a day.
Usually he calls me througout the day or I'll call him when he's home or on a domestic trip...just short little "hello's", but I miss that when he's 1/2 way around the world.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:50 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,752,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
When I read stuff like this it makes be think that many people really have an unrealistic view of marriage and need to mature before considering it.

Butterflies or not, there has to be something that bonds you to your mate.

The negative stuff about money and divorce etc happens to some people - they're the ones who married the wrong individual.
Then again, maybe lots of people are missing out?

I've never been one to subscribe to the view that there is only one single person out there for you. Let's be honest, if that were the case, almost everyone would be with the "wrong" person since you can't meet everyone. More like there are many people you can be compatible with. That doesn't mean that some are maybe a better match than others though, so it could certainly be possible for some people to feel "goosebumps" being married for 10 years and some not and they all stay married.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:55 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,943,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAE DUDE View Post
And by in love I mean that butterfly feeling you get when you see them, or light headed effect however you want to describe it.

Or did that fade over time and you are now just with them due to the negative financial effects from divorcing. Or stay with them for the kids reason?
I am still madly in love with my wife. I also still find her to be the most beautiful and sexy woman walking the planet. This is after 10 years of being together. I love how she always smiles and comes to greet me with a big hug and kiss whenever I walk through the door. I also love that she STILL has the most amazing better-than-kim-kardashian-and-vida-guerra backside. No kidding, she has the best a$$ Ive ever seen.

So, to answer your question again, YES!! I am still very much in love with my wife and still get excited to see her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships