Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How much sex is enough for you?
I am a woman and once a month is enough. 6 4.84%
I am a woman and once a week is enough. 5 4.03%
I am a woman and twice a week is enough. 14 11.29%
I am a woman and daily is enough. 18 14.52%
I am a woman and several times a day is enough. 7 5.65%
I am a man and once a month is enough. 5 4.03%
I am a man and once a week is enough. 7 5.65%
I am a man and twice a week is enough. 23 18.55%
I am a man and daily is enough. 26 20.97%
I am a man and several times a day is enough. 13 10.48%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 08:40 AM

29,737 posts, read 34,352,243 times

Advertisements

These threads always remind me of the joke from Annie Hall where Woody Allen and Diane Keaton are at their respective therapists, who ask "how often are you having sex?" Woody says, "Almost never: three times a week" and Diane tells her therapist, "Constantly! Three times a week!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 08:49 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,296,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
I wasn't aware that role was gender-specific. All I know is that if a young lady were to nearly break my pelvis while going at it, I'd be more than happy to hold her purse while shopping
Do you know how painful it actually is to break your pelvis?

You can actually break your penis too and neither of those things are pretty.

It hasn't happened to me and my Husband but we have seen it happen in person to other people.

Childbirth has to be less painful than either of those things!

Old 01-10-2012, 08:58 AM

526 posts, read 954,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
21/male/2-3x a week would be plenty, anything more would just be spectacular.

Wanted: a nice young lady to bring home to mom, to sample my cooking, watch movies with, do outdoorsy stuff with, and to break my pelvis in 3 places.
ROFLMAO, Geez JordanJP! Make sure she has some medical background

Single here but when I am with someone, 3-4 week is good. Work and life do not allow time to see my SO more than that. Living together or on vacation, daily it is.... At this rate and the way that the "single market" is, God only knows when I'll get lucky again

Old 01-10-2012, 09:01 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,789,455 times
I voted for twice a week. In a new relationship, daily is great, but as you settle into a relationship, the lust wears off a little. So for me, twice a week is ok once I've been with a woman for a year or so (the honeymoon phase wears off).

Old 01-10-2012, 09:07 AM

I voted for the several times a day selection.

Do men find it abnormal for a woman to want to have sex pretty much all of the time? I can go without so it isn't a nyphomaniac thing but do men tend to find it unappealing? Do they tend to label women with high sex drives as cheap?

Old 01-10-2012, 09:12 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,228,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
Someone on another thread mentioned that it would be interesting to see how much sex is considered enough for each sex.

Just to clarify before anyone asks mastrubation is not included in this question. Sex with a partner only.

The amount of sex that is "enough" is relative to each individual. We all have different needs and drives. While some men would like it every day, there are men who can go without (yes, it's true lol) and the same for women. Don't forget the changes we women go through. Some women get to a point where a non-existent sex life is just fine. Age and hormone levels have a lot to do with it.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
The amount of sex that is "enough" is relative to each individual. We all have different needs and drives. While some men would like it every day, there are men who can go without (yes, it's true lol) and the same for women. Don't forget the changes we women go through. Some women get to a point where a non-existent sex life is just fine. Age and hormone levels have a lot to do with it.
I figure things like menopause or what not might lead to a lower drive for awhile but I always thought that as a woman got older the higher her sex drive becomes.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:15 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,187,728 times
The proportions are identical, so it looks like ladies and gents agree on at least one thing.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
The proportions are identical, so it looks like ladies and gents agree on at least one thing.
20 women to 26 men.

Not exactly ground for proportion but we shall see where the poll results go.

Such low numbers of respondants lead to skewed percentages.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:30 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,684,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post

Them darn pesky hormones. I keep telling them to SHUT UP, but they will not listen to me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships