U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 08:00 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,052,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That's not the only reason. Generally, more ambitious people move there. They're more ambitious in all areas of their lives, including wanting to look presentable. Many professions require it, too.

Larger cities pay more in salary. It doesn't necessarily make these people more ambitious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 08:04 PM

12,672 posts, read 20,288,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
I moved to NYC last May and there are more better looking people, but only because the population is much higher. I grew up in a city where the population wasn't even 100,000. Doesn't mean the ratio changes.
I have not been to NYC but the city must be VERY diverse. People from all over the world right?

Old 01-09-2012, 08:08 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,052,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
I have not been to NYC but the city must be VERY diverse. People from all over the world right?

Extremely diverse. In some neighborhoods, English isn't even spoken.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:24 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,087,247 times
Quote:
sounds great in some ways, but i can't handle big cities.

the biggest city in my state Fargo, North dakota has about 200,000 people and that's plenty big for me.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:33 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,448,731 times
Quote:
I don't know about you
Quote:
Unfortunately, yes. Decent-looking guys are more likely to be found there.
Hey, don't blame me. I'm just making sense of your postulation.

Quote:
but I like Chicago. Why couldn't they build it somewhere warmer?!
I like metropolitan areas with efficient mass-transit systems, but apart from that, Chicago really doesn't have much to offer me.

I'm actually gonna leave Chicago for Houston on Sunday.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:16 AM

369 posts, read 657,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
What about a Nancy Boy?

Can't be one of those unless you have a dualie with truck nuts hanging off the tralier hitch

Old 01-10-2012, 08:00 PM

12,672 posts, read 20,288,450 times
Quote:
Kinda like San Francisco where I use to live/near there.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:55 PM

517 posts, read 700,480 times
I didn't know the turn pretty boy had anything to do with being gay... I actually thought the type of guy I liked would be considered a pretty boy. I don't get why someone would like someone who was ugly anyway......

Old 01-11-2012, 08:11 PM

3,111 posts, read 6,643,945 times
I had to grow a beard, and scar my face because I was too pretty. Now I'm a real man.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:10 AM

2,016 posts, read 3,513,119 times
Quote:
I moved to NYC last May and there are more better looking people, but only because the population is much higher. I grew up in a city where the population wasn't even 100,000. Doesn't mean the ratio changes.
So you traded NYC for Pompano Beach? iono man the weather is nice down there in Broward but you have to drive everywhere and that sucks. In general I'd say you find lots of more hot women in plain sight in B. County (more towards the coastline).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
Pretty boys are all natural. Metrosexuals have to work at enhancing what they have.
This.

I was born a pretty boy (thanks dad), some metro cats work too hard with fashion and they don't pull off "the look". They let the clothes wear them instead of "wearing" the clothes. There's also something hidden in this metro culture that espouses having feminine traits, quite suspect if you ask me. A lot of what I picked up fashion wise came from traveling abroad (and growing up in new york). The sad thing is that i've noticed in my travels is that H&M and Zara are becoming more prevalent as your only choices for threads unfortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships