Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 09:22 PM

474 posts, read 495,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Looks is pretty much everything. No one really takes time to read profiles. They are like resume that recruiters get. They get hundreds of them.

I agree on all your post. If you are South/East Asian then what if that guy stays within his race?

What about profession and income level?
Exactly, but there's one great way to improve your chances even with average looks, which is "Take great pictures". If you have a friend of your's who is into photography or if you have a good SLR camera like Canon T3i yourself, take some awesome pictures in different locations and then slightly use photoshop to airbrush them and improve the contrast, make the picture sharper etc etc. I know one of my friends who does this all the time and he manages to get a lot of dates, the good thing about him is that he's very funny to talk to and an interesting guy so a lot of those first dates convert into second dates for him even if the women think that he doesn't exactly look like how he looked in the pics.

Sticking to your own race might improve your chances a little bit but then I have observed that a lot of South Asian and East Asian women are usually on sites like okcupid and pof not for a real long term relationship but just to play around(if you know what I mean) and often tend to not even respond to men that belong to their own ethnicity. Why else would they be on those sites, considering that they have less than 5% presence of East Asian/South Asian men out there.

Your income level only matters if you pass the looks test, also it helps if you post pic's of you standing near really expensive cars like a Mercedes SLK, BMW 7 series, etc etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 09:26 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,808,210 times
And women say they go to for personality mainly, haha what a joke. What matters are facts and what they do not what they think. You can work on your looks by working out, diet etc. Height is something you cannot control but you can have a good posture and put soles in shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpapayas View Post
Absolutely right, and agree 100% with what you have said. I did an experiment once on it, I created my original profile and I am a decent, average looking guy not a model, and then I created a fake account with a couple of pic's of a model in it. Guess what, my original profile was very sensible, deep and thoughtfully put mentioning all my hobbies, thoughts, likes etc etc and yet my response rate was probably 10%.

However, with the other model's profile that included nothing, I mean barely anything in it except a couple of pic's, I sent this message, " Your profile looks quite interesting and you look very pretty, tell me something unique about yourself" and sent that to 20 women, guess what, 17 of them responded back to me and a few of them gave their numbers in the very first email itself, also these were normal women not desperate ugly women, they were all mostly 8/10's. One of them even said "Man, are you a model or something you look super hot, can't wait to meet you" and then she texted me for a couple of times asking me when I could meet her etc etc.

So yeah, it's all about looks my boi, if you don't have them, go get a plastic surgery or something done , or join the club of perpetually single guys here

Old 01-09-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
And women say they go to for personality mainly, haha what a joke. What matters are facts and what they do not what they think. You can work on your looks by working out, diet etc. Height is something you cannot control but you can have a good posture and put soles in shoes.
Women THINK they go for personality, and they THINK that the 6'4" jerk with six pack abs they chose has that awesome personality and they won't ever let go of him because his looks override his lack of personality, and women being very visual creatures wouldn't want to let go of such an appealing human specimen by their side even if that means putting up with someone who wouldn't treat them well or be a jerk to them. When women mean personality, they are talking about the personality that comes with being a guy that can hit on every possible woman in a room

Old 01-09-2012, 09:54 PM

Sure, you will get better responses with great pictures that can make you look like a model but what happens when you meet in real life?

Personality comes later. I am also funny and interesting. You are right, if he looks close to the pictures then his personality can make up for it. Women are emotional creatures.

What is your race? You are probably right about why those Asian women are on there. I think Facebook is a decent site for Asians matchmaking and shaadi.

I thought income makes up for a guy's looks and/or his net worth?

Quote:
Exactly, but there's one great way to improve your chances even with average looks, which is "Take great pictures". If you have a friend of your's who is into photography or if you have a good SLR camera like Canon T3i yourself, take some awesome pictures in different locations and then slightly use photoshop to airbrush them and improve the contrast, make the picture sharper etc etc. I know one of my friends who does this all the time and he manages to get a lot of dates, the good thing about him is that he's very funny to talk to and an interesting guy so a lot of those first dates convert into second dates for him even if the women think that he doesn't exactly look like how he looked in the pics.

Sticking to your own race might improve your chances a little bit but then I have observed that a lot of South Asian and East Asian women are usually on sites like okcupid and pof not for a real long term relationship but just to play around(if you know what I mean) and often tend to not even respond to men that belong to their own ethnicity. Why else would they be on those sites, considering that they have less than 5% presence of East Asian/South Asian men out there.

Your income level only matters if you pass the looks test, also it helps if you post pic's of you standing near really expensive cars like a Mercedes SLK, BMW 7 series, etc etc.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Sure, you will get better responses with great pictures that can make you look like a model but what happens when you meet in real life?

Personality comes later. I am also funny and interesting. You are right, if he looks close to the pictures then his personality can make up for it. Women are emotional creatures.

What is your race? You are probably right about why those Asian women are on there. I think Facebook is a decent site for Asians matchmaking and shaadi.

I thought income makes up for a guy's looks and/or his net worth?
If you are charming in real life, you can make up for "looks not as great as the ones in your pictures", well not all the time but a few times definitely yes. I am Indian.

Income makes up for a guy's looks only in real life scenarios, unless you have pictures online where you are driving a ferrari or showing off your million dollar lake house.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:02 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,055,172 times
Quote:
Which one do you like better? OKC or POF?
OkC by far.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Women THINK they go for personality, and they THINK that the 6'4" jerk with six pack abs they chose has that awesome personality and they won't ever let go of him because his looks override his lack of personality, and women being very visual creatures wouldn't want to let go of such an appealing human specimen by their side even if that means putting up with someone who wouldn't treat them well or be a jerk to them. When women mean personality, they are talking about the personality that comes with being a guy that can hit on every possible woman in a room
Right but they won't be able to keep that 6'4" Jerk for long though. Normally, women over 30 are less on looks though (Girls who have been played and/or single moms).

If a woman hits on every guy in the room, would a guy go for her? It varies.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
If you are charming in real life, you can make up for "looks not as great as the ones in your pictures", well not all the time but a few times definitely yes. I am Indian.

Income makes up for a guy's looks only in real life scenarios, unless you have pictures online where you are driving a ferrari or showing off your million dollar lake house.
I can be and I think I am but women. I kinda knew you were South Asian based on your responses. I am also South Asian lol. There is also a hate thing going on between South Asian guys and girls in the Western world. Seems like everyone is competing against each other. You know the terms FOBs and ABCD's right?

Old 01-09-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
I can be and I think I am but women. I kinda knew you were South Asian based on your responses. I am also South Asian lol. There is also a hate thing going on between South Asian guys and girls in the Western world. Seems like everyone is competing against each other. You know the terms FOBs and ABCD's right?
I know those terms quite well and also know that the South Asian ethnic men and women that are born and brought up here hate the immigrant South Asian population with a disdain, it's funny considering that I am neither a FOB nor an ABCD. I did all my university education here, so the ABCD's here can't slot me into being a FOB either, LOL.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Right but they won't be able to keep that 6'4" Jerk for long though. Normally, women over 30 are less on looks though (Girls who have been played and/or single moms).

If a woman hits on every guy in the room, would a guy go for her? It varies.
Yes but that's because they don't have many choices, I mean why would a rich, young, hot man want to go after a single mom or someone that's been emotionally played, he's got way better options than that. If those women had a choice, they would still go for the rich young jerk who's the cynosure of all the women in the room
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships