U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 12:16 PM

6,819 posts, read 12,106,384 times

Advertisements

- Loner, but has a few close friends.

- Under 40

- Well Educated

- Stable decent paying job lives off of self employment. Works in a stereotypically "nerdy" but high paying profession like Engineering, IT, Finance, etc.

- Lives WAY below his means.

- Doesn't have too much of a social life outside of work.

- Likes to spend a lot of free time at coffee shop or library, usually on laptop.

- Doesn't watch TV frequently

- Isn't obsessed with pop culture

- Is fairly health conscious but not obsessively (works out or eats reasonably healthy.)

- Does not participate in competitive sports

- Does not have very many physical possessions. Has simple car and house (or rents.)

- Spends far less money than the average person in his income bracket (but may not be this frugal with his lady.) Has little/no debt. Invests a large portion of every paycheck.

- Likes to travel overseas. Would rather spend more on overseas travel than on house, car, etc. Overseas travel is pretty much the only luxury in this person's life.

- MBTI (personality) INTP, INTJ, or ISTP.

Fyi, this is NOT a description of me although I do fit several of the items..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 12:31 PM

6,032 posts, read 7,769,452 times
Why isn't said individual working out???

Old 01-10-2012, 12:32 PM

6,819 posts, read 12,106,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Why isn't said individual working out???

It does say "works out" in the post.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:36 PM

612 posts, read 750,380 times
lack of socialization skills, perhaps?

Old 01-10-2012, 12:45 PM

33,650 posts, read 21,338,536 times
That they are a successful loner?

Old 01-10-2012, 01:13 PM

9,012 posts, read 8,524,684 times
These are the best qualities that stand out to me, from the list:

Loner, but has a few close friends.

Under 40

Well Educated

*Doesn't watch TV frequently

Spends far less money than the average person in his income bracket (but may not be this frugal with his lady.) Has little/no debt. Invests a large portion of every paycheck

Does not have very many physical possessions. Has simple car and house (or rents.)

Plus the aspect of spending $$ on travelling- makes perfect sense to me

Old 01-10-2012, 01:19 PM

42,701 posts, read 45,339,375 times
So this person has little debt.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:24 PM

9,412 posts, read 11,984,370 times
Default What do women think of loner but successful men like this?

That they're a loner who doesn't like people much

Why do you even care if it isn't you?

Old 01-10-2012, 01:33 PM

15,729 posts, read 18,509,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
- Loner, but has a few close friends.

- Under 40

- Well Educated

- Stable decent paying job lives off of self employment. Works in a stereotypically "nerdy" but high paying profession like Engineering, IT, Finance, etc.

- Lives WAY below his means.

- Doesn't have too much of a social life outside of work.

- Likes to spend a lot of free time at coffee shop or library, usually on laptop.

- Doesn't watch TV frequently

- Isn't obsessed with pop culture

- Is fairly health conscious but not obsessively (works out or eats reasonably healthy.)

- Does not participate in competitive sports

- Does not have very many physical possessions. Has simple car and house (or rents.)

- Spends far less money than the average person in his income bracket (but may not be this frugal with his lady.) Has little/no debt. Invests a large portion of every paycheck.

- Likes to travel overseas. Would rather spend more on overseas travel than on house, car, etc. Overseas travel is pretty much the only luxury in this person's life.

- MBTI (personality) INTP, INTJ, or ISTP.

Fyi, this is NOT a description of me although I do fit several of the items..
This pretty much describes my husband. The only differences:

-he has no close friends. None that he hangs out with or confides in other than me.
-now that we have 4 kids, we try to live within our means. Without a family he'd definitely be living a simple life
-doesn't like coffee shops, prefers to be at home
-he plays sports, that's his social time.

He's also an excellent jack of all trades. Very handy, no need to hire professionals for any household/auto repairs.

I guess I thought highly of him, I married him. He's not a bore though. He's also got a very witty sense of humor and we have fun together. He's just a bit shy in social settings though at work he's a completely different beast.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:21 PM

228 posts, read 367,784 times
This is a pretty good description of my boyfriend, with a few differences. He does watch TV and we play a lot of games on Xbox. He also works from home because he doesn't enjoy dealing with the politics of the workplace.

He doesn't have any close friends, which I found questionable at first. I think women are always warned that "loner" types could end up being possessive or controlling partners. He certainly does not fall into that category. He is honest, kind, patient, loving, and fiercely independent. I absolutely adore him!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or