Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 03:55 AM

18 posts, read 14,775 times

Advertisements

would you stay home and have a maid?

i posted my question on talk about marriage too.i ve mentioned many details there.and i think i got some good ideas from there. if you can, please read
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So you live with your parents. Who cleans the house now?
they have a nurse,maid and a cook

Old 01-13-2012, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
How old are your parents?
my dad 67years, mom 66

Old 01-13-2012, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollydo View Post
Really? You live with your parents and make 800K per year? Since it's a family business, your parents must make the same or more and you all have to live together? Since you are a cash cow, a full staff could be hired to take care of your parents...this entire post does not compute.
i do not live in the same floor as them.its a big house.around 18 rooms. and we are asian.very often,we live with our parents. a full staff is there.but do you know how happy they feel because im there for them?

Old 01-13-2012, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Come on get real, if you had that kind of money, I doubt you would request the opinion of strangers. Go see a therapist, you should be able to afford it.
just remember sir/madam, rich people are people too. money is not everything.rich people need help from others too

Old 01-13-2012, 07:30 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,278,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2624 View Post
not a live in maid.the maid will do cleaning the house,washing,sweeping etc my wife will cook,do garden work etc. shes got loads of things to do.she wont be bored.she said so and she loves it

Obviously she does or she would have quit her job. She is most likely telling you this due to your persistence on the subject, or you are putting words in her mouth. But if she still is working then it is for a reason. Perhaps she has no desire of being home with your parents all day.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:31 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,278,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Doing it all and being exhausted, really. There are many of us out there who work full time and take care of the kids, and do all the house work as well as worry abut how the bills will be paid. I dont see how being a SAHM or especially a SAHW would be so exhausting that you could'nt clean your house.

I dont know how the OPs gf would get bored either, she has made best friends with his two dogs.

OOOKKKKay.

I smell sarcasm in the air

Old 01-13-2012, 08:56 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Quote:
would you stay home and have a maid?

i posted my question on talk about marriage too.i ve mentioned many details there.and i think i got some good ideas from there. if you can, please read
Got it.

You're advertising. You cooked up a story and will get hits to your counseling site? Attorneys? Good strategy there

Old 01-13-2012, 09:14 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
I earn $ 800,000 per year. my girlfriend earns $60,000 per year. So when we get married, I would like her to stay home-no need for her to go to work when I can spend for both of us comfortably and also because she has to wake up at 5am on workdays and she returns home around 7pm so she does not like her job much and I hate to see her so tired- She just holds on to it because she want the money to live (her father is retired, her mother is a housewife she is the only child)

we have discussed this and she would like to stay home too(I ll be more than happy to spend for her parents. very kind, loving couple just like my parents)

I want to hire a maid to do washing, cleaning etc.at 1st she didn't agree saying she will be home so she can do the housework.But after making her understand that I would like her to relax and enjoy life and do what she likes instead of chores like washing dishes, clothes and sweeping floors she agreed.(I do feel bad about the majority who have to do what they don't enjoy and I do give for charities and if you enjoy washing dishes,im sorry if im offending you its just that my gf doesn't enjoy those)

She won't be bored at home. she already has a great friendship with my two dogs. she ll take them to walks, do volunteer work at the local animal shelter and the elderly home, cook and bake, do gardening work, read, visit her parents who are nearby, go to gym etc those are what she loves to do.

The problem is, one of her co workers feeds her opinions to my gf and makes it very hard for my gf to work. She s got 3 close friends and 2 are happy that she is getting a loving husband and a comfy life but the other one seems very jealous from what I hear. Seems she keeps saying my girlfriend that I cheat and I do these things for her out of guilt or im trying to buy her love or what happens if we get divorced or she says my girlfriend is a gold digger. And when she goes home this woman texts my gf saying these things! I ve seen her texts. when we are out on a date, she ll text nonstop!

well, I wouldn't ever cheat on her, I ve being in love with her for 8 years and no other woman interests me, I don't want to buy her love because she loves me enough already and im not insecure in anyway (looks, age, sexual performance etc) and we will not be divorced because I ll be crazy to divorce a woman like her and she wont want to divorce me because she loves me very much. My girlfriend is not a gold digger. She is an educated and simple woman who didn't even know what I earn what car I use etc when she fell in love with me. This friend seems jealous to me because she wouldn't let go even though my gf explained everything to her.

So my questions are,

if you are a man, if you earned what I earn you would like her to stay home and you ll provide her every comfort which you can afford right? Wrong?

If you are a woman and if you are in the position of my gf ( tiring job, do have lots of things to do at home, husband want to give you a comfy life) you will stay home and would agree to have a maid right? Wrong?

(those two questions are asked so that I can show the answers to my gf.i know she is bothered. she is a mild mannered crowd pleaser type of woman who wants to please everyone

Some Rich celebrities like actors, sportsmen, singers, directors etc have housewives and they also have lots of maids, those wives often get gifts worth millions too. so this friend of my gf is ok with them, but not with us. so don't you think that shows how jealous she is?

How do we deal with this paranoid woman? I don't want her to be bothering my gf.these are the months we should use to plan our wedding.
If you are so madly in love with this woman why would you wait 8 years to put a ring on her finger??

Anyways~I think you should still have her sign a prenup. I am not sure if it would apply if you have been shacking up with her all these years.

If she still wants to work somewhere then you cannot deny that. You sound genuine in your requests but she still isn't going to want to be tied up at a house cause that is what you want. Some women like having their own money and accounts so they feel independant in some way.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:43 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
But the man asked for wife advice, why do people fixate on the money part without advising on the wife, though he oddly put it out up front.

I'm being generic. People in general frown upon those with money, like some anti-elitism feeling, a concept that's gripped the whole country and world

Ok aside from the bs about money and maids and everything that dosent quite add up.

Quote:
The problem is, one of her co workers feeds her opinions to my gf and makes it very hard for my gf to work. She s got 3 close friends and 2 are happy that she is getting a loving husband and a comfy life but the other one seems very jealous from what I hear. Seems she keeps saying my girlfriend that I cheat and I do these things for her out of guilt or im trying to buy her love or what happens if we get divorced or she says my girlfriend is a gold digger. And when she goes home this woman texts my gf saying these things! I ve seen her texts. when we are out on a date, she ll text nonstop!

So my questions are,

If you are a woman and if you are in the position of my gf ( tiring job, do have lots of things to do at home, husband want to give you a comfy life) you will stay home and would agree to have a maid right? Wrong?
It dosent matter what I would do, Im not your girlfriend. Only she can make the decision that is best for her.

Quote:
Some Rich celebrities like actors, sportsmen, singers, directors etc have housewives and they also have lots of maids, those wives often get gifts worth millions too. so this friend of my gf is ok with them, but not with us. so don't you think that shows how jealous she is?

No She dosent know those celebs. She is friends with your gf and perhaps believes she is helping her.

Quote:
How do we deal with this paranoid woman? I don't want her to be bothering my gf.these are the months we should use to plan our wedding.

If I were you Id butt out. Can your gf not make her own decisions and handle her own little problems. If she is bothered by this friend she should not be texting her non stop. Turn of the flipping phone! Block her number. I mean how old is your gf that she cant tell her friend, thanks Ill take everything you said under consideration, but if you want to remain friends, zip it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships