Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2012, 10:41 AM

2,601 posts, read 3,397,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
I've mailed 8~10 I think women, 3 of them replied, 1 replied in a way that mad eme think she was too immature so I didn't continue that. Of the other 2 one does not have a picture, have promised to send me one but haven't so far amnd frankly I'm getting tired of the fact we've both sent 20+ emails to eachother, while she keeps stalling on the image, and now she hasn't written for 3 days which I think I can draw a conclusion from. (she lost interest)

So the only one left, well we've sent 10 or so mails back and forth, and she looks nice, and seems nice, and she seems to ant to meet after next week.
So that's 1 possible hit, but in a radius of 100 km (63 english miles) I think that's kinda thin, considering the concept.

I've gone through every woman with a written description, pic or no pic, within the age-range of 18-26, within this distance(100 km), and this is it. The other women are women with demands that I simply do not meet, nor want to meet, example: "you must be artistic" or "you must be hot and have a serious dedication to your appearance", I mean wtf is a "serious dedication to ones apperance"?
1 shot for $50-membership(1 month) :S.
Why would you waste that much time emailing back and forth for 20 emails?

Dude, honestly, you're going to go crazy because there are a ton of idiot ******* on there that are bored and just messing with you or don't know what they want.

MEET THE WOMAN QUICKLY! Don't listen to stupid excuses and fall into the trap of emailing nonsense back and forth!

She could meet you and in 2 minutes decide she has no attraction to you(ie no chemistry) so what's the point in all the build up?

Just meet in a public place and don't really put much into it. Simple rule....if you get a 3rd date, she's interested in a potential relationship. There are a ton of rude people and liars on there. Don't take it personally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2012, 10:59 AM

1,302 posts, read 2,948,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
I also agree that women can be very shallow about a man's height even when they are very short.
Haha, it makes me shake my head and chuckle whenever I see a profile of a woman who's 5'1, but lists her match as something like 6'0+. Yeah, I'm sure she'd rather date the guy who played Jaws in "The Spy Who Loved Me" than Ryan Seacrest

Sometimes, I'm tempted to list my height as 5'10 even though in reality I'm 5'9 with my hair in a fauxhawk. I don't for the exact reasons mentioned. Girls will spot the difference between 5'9 and 5'10 as easily as a guy will spot the difference between 125 lbs and 140.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:18 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,787,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
Also keep in mind, you are not the only great catch on there. Those same things you listed are the exact same things many other guys bring to the table as well.
so if women have so many incredible guys hounding them why do they constantly complain that it's so difficult for them to find a good man and settle down? just curious

Old 01-21-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

Imagine that! Why should they deal with YOUR sagging as@ and destroyed body?!
in my experience men who let their bodies fail have realistic expectations that they cannot demand a thin and fit woman, I think all men will try their luck but they will settle for whatever they can realistically attract and they know this...however, fat women rarely realize they are overweight and are constantly looking for the Brad Pitt look alike..no matter what they look like themselves. If they are a 3 they're shooting for a guy who is a 7 and in addition have all sorts of other requirements.

My message to people...EXPECT ONLY what you have to offer yourself...no matter if you are a MAN or a WOMAN...

if you make minimum wage, demanding a partner who makes 6 figures is unreasonable.

if you don't have an education don't expect a partner who has yard long degrees

if you are overweight demanding someone who is fit is unreasonable

if you're short yourself don't expect to get a man who is 6'0

etc.etc. you get the picture.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:28 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR76 View Post
I did match a long time ago...my observations:

1. Women lie about their weight, and the more they weigh, the bigger the lie. If she says 125, she weighs 140, if she says 160, she weighs 260. This annoyed me not because I mind, in fact, I prefer women a bit on the chubbier side, but rather from a "you didn't think they'd notice?" perspective...I mean, saying you're 125 when you're 140? Fine...most men wouldn't know the difference, but come on, if you're 260, just be honest, they're going to find out anyway.

2. Men lie about their height. See above. '

3. Women are as shallow about a man's height as men are with weight... I had more luck saying I am 5'9 (which I *almost* am with dress shoes on) than 5'7 or 5'8 (I'm actually 5'7 and 3/4). What annoyed me about this is an overweight person CAN lose weight, even if it's difficult, but if you're short, you're short, nothing can change that.

4. So many more men than women, makes it generally annoying to use.

My wife and I actually met at work...FYI
Don't get me started. You won't believe how fatties hide their weights on these sites. Strategic pictures, face pictures and everybody is either "athletic" or "average". Only few are really athletic and toned. But I like overweight women I try to have an upper weight limit. I am quite lenient with body weight, depending on how I find her in real life. If she carries it well, I'll probably put up with it.

I contacted match.com customer support once and asked if they can mandate specification of body weight, like height. You probably know how well that went

If people are allowed to specify height, why not weight? It solves a TON of problems for the guys.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:34 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
My message to people...EXPECT ONLY what you have to offer yourself...no matter if you are a MAN or a WOMAN...
While I generally somewhat agree with you, none of the below applies to good-looking women. They may not necessarily expect it and/or demand it, but they can certainly get it. For the last one, even that's not a prerequisite. Most tall men like petite women themselves.

Quote:
if you make minimum wage, demanding a partner who makes 6 figures is unreasonable.

if you don't have an education don't expect a partner who has yard long degrees

if you're short yourself don't expect to get a man who is 6'0

Old 01-21-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
While I generally somewhat agree with you, none of the below applies to good-looking women. They may not necessarily expect it and/or demand it, but they can certainly get it. For the last one, even that's not a prerequisite. Most tall men like petite women themselves.
well, if they get it then good for them but if they don't then they can't complain if they are not getting something they cannot offer themselves, that was my point

yes, you are right, for a good looking, and I mean much above average looking woman, some of these things are not going to be factors because men place such high value on looks...

but for an average looking woman, and I mean a large majority of women when I say this, you have to have something of equal value to bring to the table. Whether being petite is an asset or not is up in the air, while some men may like petite women, the stereotypical view is that being petite is not an asset... height is a positive in both men and women, I have yet to see any supermodels that are below 5'8 and there is usually a strict height requirement of 5'8 or more to become a premium model in most cases. Now, if being petite was so hot then most definitely models would be short but they are not.

I have heard comments on a few couples where the guy was 5'10-6'0 and the woman was 5'1-5'2 and most of the comments were not positive in terms of how they looked together.

Old 01-21-2012, 02:26 PM

526 posts, read 955,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
I agree with you 100%. I wish more men thought like you. Some people have called me shallow because I want someone who's active, well I do not bust my butt at the gym 5+ days a week to hang out with a couch potato. I am 5'10'' and that's the minimun height that I require while many of friends who are under 5'7'' won't date someone under 6'0'', wtf? They are my friends and I tell them the same thing, don't ask for what you cannot offer yourself.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:54 AM

527 posts, read 1,232,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
Haha, it makes me shake my head and chuckle whenever I see a profile of a woman who's 5'1, but lists her match as something like 6'0+. Yeah, I'm sure she'd rather date the guy who played Jaws in "The Spy Who Loved Me" than Ryan Seacrest
One observation I can make is that the short women always want someone who is way taller than them. For example, a girl who is 5' would want someone who is 5'11+. Where as a girl who is tallish, i.e. 5'8" would stay much closer to her own height, for example, 5'8"+ for her date.

Anyways, response rate has improved as of late, but it's still pretty low. But I'm getting a lot more girls contacting me, some of which I'd be interested in. It's still an exercise in frustration though.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:57 AM

527 posts, read 1,232,689 times
Quote:
Bingo. I was talking to my friend the other day and I asked her how many new emails she gets on OKC a day. She tells me 10-15. Let this sink in for a second. That's 70-105 new emails every week. She basically gets the pick of the litter. A few lucky ones get dates, and most guys lose
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships