Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 03:30 PM

7 posts, read 14,597 times

Advertisements

dede
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2015, 05:49 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,092,050 times
Online Dating 101:

1) A woman with a profile online can have anywhere up to 50-100 messages a day. The odds of yours being seen is slim to none.

2) If you get a view on your profile with no reply, then the woman did not find you attractive enough and didn't bother to read anything else. There is a big difference between meeting a woman in person, in which they get the real you based off on first impressions. Online however, they can judge you differently behind a computer screen.

3) Some woman just like the attention but have no interests in taking it further with any man.

4) Many woman you may link up with or even date online never delete their profiles. It becomes addicting because if you do not work out, then they have backups. The problem here is that they will not give you your 100% since they have accesses to many more men. This goes for men as well.

Old 08-09-2015, 03:32 PM

348 posts, read 372,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Online Dating 101:

1) A woman with a profile online can have anywhere up to 50-100 messages a day. The odds of yours being seen is slim to none.

2) If you get a view on your profile with no reply, then the woman did not find you attractive enough and didn't bother to read anything else. There is a big difference between meeting a woman in person, in which they get the real you based off on first impressions. Online however, they can judge you differently behind a computer screen.

3) Some woman just like the attention but have no interests in taking it further with any man.

4) Many woman you may link up with or even date online never delete their profiles. It becomes addicting because if you do not work out, then they have backups. The problem here is that they will not give you your 100% since they have accesses to many more men. This goes for men as well.
1a) Partially true - many women receive many messages per day

1b) Mostly false - women read all their messages (that aren't filtered) and if she likes the profile she will email back.

2) Mostly true - she may have read your profile but that is moot - she didn't like the email or your profile enough to respond, and that's all that counts.

3) Mostly false - she'll gladly take if further with a man she is interested in.

4) Mostly false - women can't wait to commit to a man they're crazy about.

Old 08-09-2015, 05:13 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,335,670 times
It is because you're asian,that's the main reason, an extremely cute asian guy messaged me ( I think Asians are very cute by the way) and I enjoyed talking to him but for some reason I couldn't get into him,his culture(Korean) seemed too foreign to me or just for some reason I couldn't get over the asian thing.

I do understand how you feel im irish,german,British and black and im sure I've missed out on many messages for looking Latina.black women and Asian men get the least amount of messages according to Okcupid.

Also we don't get 100 messages a day,I'm fairly attractive I got 45 a day for a little while when I first joined then it went down to 15 or less a day.I read all messages now, I look at the guy I read his profile and reply if I feel some sort of reaction,I usually base 60 percent of my decision to reply based on what his written in his profile,there are many times I've not liked the way the guy looked but loved his written profile so talked to him.

Old 08-11-2015, 11:51 AM

474 posts, read 384,521 times
Quote:
Online Dating 101:

1) A woman with a profile online can have anywhere up to 50-100 messages a day.
The numbers disclosed in Dataclysm were not this high. Cite sources.

Old 08-21-2015, 11:35 AM

34 posts, read 45,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
It is because you're asian,that's the main reason, an extremely cute asian guy messaged me ( I think Asians are very cute by the way) and I enjoyed talking to him but for some reason I couldn't get into him,his culture(Korean) seemed too foreign to me or just for some reason I couldn't get over the asian thing.

I do understand how you feel im irish,german,British and black and im sure I've missed out on many messages for looking Latina.black women and Asian men get the least amount of messages according to Okcupid.

Also we don't get 100 messages a day,I'm fairly attractive I got 45 a day for a little while when I first joined then it went down to 15 or less a day.I read all messages now, I look at the guy I read his profile and reply if I feel some sort of reaction,I usually base 60 percent of my decision to reply based on what his written in his profile,there are many times I've not liked the way the guy looked but loved his written profile so talked to him.
actually, black and indian men get the least amount of responses. also, the "culture" thing doesn't apply to asians who grew up in a western country and are culturally similar to whites. Also, keep in mind that most women who use online dating tend to be rather unattractive themselves. a much higher percentage of non-asian girls would be attracted to the profile of a "cute" asian dude than the number of girls he would be attracted to, for example.

Old 08-21-2015, 11:37 AM

34 posts, read 45,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAL9000 View Post
Congrats. It only takes one success for a person to sing from the mountain tops.

I too have had success with the "short window of time" esp. with women new to online dating.

Online dating is actually pretty easy. I cracked the code some time ago, and have thought about writing a post about it.

A man who is Asian, Indian, or Black, is gonna have a tougher time than average with online dating. I have to chuckle a bit whenever I see a woman's profile stating she is looking for someone who is "open minded" and "flexible" and "tolerant" yet then stipulates she is looking for tall white men . I see a LOT of this and I'm in one of the most "tolerant" cities (Seattle).
so they wouldn't be interested in short or average height white men either? like it's been said, most women who use online dating are not that attractive, so if you're a halfway decent-looking guy, you should be more concerned with whether or not you're going to like THEM than the other way around.

Old 08-21-2015, 11:46 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
Online Dating 101:

1) A woman with a profile online can have anywhere up to 50-100 messages a day. The odds of yours being seen is slim to none. 90% of these messages are guys you don't want to date.

2) If you get a view on your profile with no reply, then the woman did not find you attractive enough and didn't bother to read anything else. There is a big difference between meeting a woman in person, in which they get the real you based off on first impressions. Online however, they can judge you differently behind a computer screen. TRUE

3) Some woman just like the attention but have no interests in taking it further with any man. Same with guys

5) for some it is a hobby and all they want is flirt via text. They do not want to meet you.

6) some are not single.

7) some are just bored and on OLD when they feel like it (every Sunday night when there is nothing else to do or on holidays). Once you want to meet them, they disappear.

Old 08-23-2015, 07:41 AM

7 posts, read 14,597 times
By the way, if anybody needs a coupon for 25% off or a free trial, I grabbed one from here:
singles-dating-sites-reviews.com/match.com-coupons

Old 08-23-2015, 08:55 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
Not true at all. Maybe there is a slightly higher percentage of unattractive women per capita online compared to real life but not by a huge margin. It's the attractive ones who have had active profiles for several months that send off red flags.
Correct. I keep a mental note of those and track them in my head. If you see the same attractive woman for months on end and online all the time, HUGE red flag....avoid like the plague. Trust me.

So glad more and more guys are starting to get it and not wasting time on these bimbos online.

For many women it is just a hobby where they love the attention they receive and/or they are simply in it for the free meals and tickets to events. Or they are in an unhappy relationship but won't do anything about it but they need affirmation from other men that they are still desirable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships