Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 04:24 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times

Advertisements

i wonder just how many people advising "wait till you're married" actually did the same ~rolls eyes~.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:25 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
How old are you?

1,707 posts, read 6,210,579 times
On the way home from dinner on the first date. Skip the movie.

517 posts, read 999,071 times
I've finished high school already. And I can't get pregnant. I have CAH plus bc to regulate. I'm not sure I want to go to college or not. I don't really care about having kids. It would probably be problematic anyway. I'm not concerned about having kids. I'm not even all that into marriage. I have high standards. I don't want to be wher any guy could have me. If he's desperate and not into me I would be able to tell with getting to know him. Like I said it's not just time it's connection as well.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:27 PM

I'm also 18 btw...

Old 01-11-2012, 04:30 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
You do it when you feel like you are ready emotionally and mentally and don't let anyone pressure you into it if you're not ready. It's hard to set time limits on this because only you will know when that will be at the time. If you are under age 18, I would not recommend doing it at all.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:33 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,234,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitgirl11 View Post
I'm 18 actually. And I can't get pregnant naturally. I have CAH. Wouldn't matter as apart of my syndrome I take bc to regulate cycles. So yeah it's not an issue. But an std would be. I'm not considering having sex until 22 or 23 so the whole teen issue would not an issue. Unless I'm married before then...

Why would you want to be married before then? Don't you have any interests like SCHOOL or getting a good job? IMO, I'm not buying that you're 18, not from the way you started your OP. BTW, are you talking about Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia ? If so, who says you can't get pregnant naturally? (a whole other topic) And FYI...STD's don't discriminate. Doesn't matter how old you are or how long you waited to have sex.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:38 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,364 times
Regardless of the length, you shouldn't be having sex with someone before getting tested for STDs. It shouldn't be like that, but that's the world we live in today. One thing I can assure is any attractive guy isn't waiting 3 months for sex. I'm not saying put out on date 1 because I'm against that as well, but don't expect anyone to stick around for multiple months without getting sex. I'd say within the first month or so.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:41 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,228,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitgirl11 View Post
I've finished high school already. And I can't get pregnant. I have CAH plus bc to regulate. I'm not sure I want to go to college or not. I don't really care about having kids. It would probably be problematic anyway. I'm not concerned about having kids. I'm not even all that into marriage. I have high standards. I don't want to be wher any guy could have me. If he's desperate and not into me I would be able to tell with getting to know him. Like I said it's not just time it's connection as well.
Not being interested in sex or not being a generally sexual person could have guys that would otherwise be perfect for you running for the hills becuase no guy wants a prude, thats worse than being laid off from a job or a death in the family (extended family anyways). Guys are horny and if they are NOT interested in sex for huge amounts of time that should be a red flag. Unless your a 10 and you are making them wait for absurd amounts of time they will be dating others in addition to you, no alpha male is going to exclusivly date you without regular sex.

I am not sure its realistic to have a guy date you EXCLUSIVLY for 6 months before having sex. You could probably date for 6 months but it wont be exclusive (and he may have FWB on the side), sexual compatibility is a HUGE factor for most guys to decide if they want to take the relationship to the next level, without knowing that critical component there is no way for anything to move forward.

If you get some guy that follows you around like a puppy dog hoping for a treat that is NOT an alpha male. That is likely what you will get if you play games.

IF you are a smokin hot 10 then you could perhaps get away with more game playing, but even a smokin hot 10 that wont put out does not add alot of value and it would become incredibly frustrating for a guy after a while.

Sometimes in life you just have to take a chance of getting burned, sometimes there is no other way, trying to manage risk to the nth degree will sabatoge yourself.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:42 PM

I know I want to be careful with who I'm with. My dr. said I'd probably have trouble having a kid.

and yeah I'm very new to everything but yea I'm 18. Like I said I was isolated as a child so yea I have no experience with men or anyone...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships