U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 10:41 AM

25,584 posts, read 30,416,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
Oh for heaven sakes.

What is your view of the matter? Instead of harping on me for giving my advice how about you contribute what you feel is necessary and let it go?
Because what you are suggesting can very likely land him in jail for 3 years and he would have to pony up a $100,000 fine. Yes your advise is beyond bad.

I wish I had words small enough for some to understand the consequences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 10:42 AM

24,671 posts, read 55,363,957 times
Quote:
Oh for heaven sakes.

What is your view of the matter? Instead of harping on me for giving my advice how about you contribute what you feel is necessary and let it go?
Wow, you can dish it out but taking it is a whole 'nother ballgame and you seem to get overly defensive. Off topic but how come after "Sir" restricted your internet access for 18 months (your words), you now appear to have absolutely free rein access pretty much 24/7? You do seem to be a bit of an oral chameleon.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:44 AM

1,429 posts, read 1,884,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Because what you are suggesting can very likely land him in jail for 3 years and he would have to pony up a $100,000 fine. Yes your advise is beyond bad.

I wish I had words small enough for some to understand the consequences.
Alright you made your point.

I wasn't aware.

You corrected me.

Can we let it go now?

Old 01-12-2012, 10:45 AM

25,584 posts, read 30,416,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Wow, you can dish it out but taking it is a whole 'nother ballgame and you seem to get overly defensive. Off topic but how come after "Sir" restricted your internet access for 18 months (your words), you now appear to have absolutely free rein access pretty much 24/7? You do seem to be a bit of an oral chameleon.
I wish I could rep you again.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
I am not overly defensive. I feel that if you think you have a better view that you should share it instead of just critisizing and not trying to help the OP.

Sir restricts my access but I still have my own time to surf. I can't go without computer access because I also teach online.

The reason I have had more free time is because for the moment the rules are relaxed because I had my gallbladder removed and I have been sick with complications so I have been allowed in bed with my laptop.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:48 AM

24,671 posts, read 55,363,957 times
Quote:
I wasn't aware there needed to be a written rule to not just go around and complain about posts from those who are trying to help without actually contributing anything yourself.
I contributed by disagreeing with what you said. I'm sorry you should find a disagreement so offensive as a forum is, after all, a debate, and a debate is an exchange of ideas replete with agreements and disagreements. If one is incapable of accepting an opposing viewpoint without getting overly ruffled then one should probably not be participating.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I wish I could rep you again.
Let's move on shall we?

The overall posts on this thread seem to indicate that moving on would be the better option.

I feel that if he can prove the cheating and that if there is something to gain by doing it that he should fight for whatever he can get if he feel that it is worth it to him.

I said my peace.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
I contributed by disagreeing with what you said. I'm sorry you should find a disagreement so offensive as a forum is, after all, a debate, and a debate is an exchange of ideas replete with agreements and disagreements. If one is incapable of accepting an opposing viewpoint without getting overly ruffled then one should probably not be participating.
You didn't disagree. You said that with all due respect that I was out of my league financially. How on earth was that helpful?

Let's move on shall we? It would be a shame to derail this thread.

It seems the OP is in a pretty interesting situation considering that most marriages last longer and usually involve dependants ect. that make things more complicated. Since he doesn't have to worry about that I agree that the best course is to take what little there is and move on.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:52 AM

380 posts, read 521,166 times
This is like fight club. I am JoeClyde's Rage.

I was in the exact same place as MariaKintobor. Just yesterday. I might go back tonight. But I know that you don't make the best decisions when incensed. So that is why I want to think this out.

In the long run. I believe taking the money and running is probably for the best.

I didn't see an answer to the question. But should we file jointly for the last time to get the benefits of a married tax break?

Old 01-12-2012, 10:53 AM

14,072 posts, read 20,092,248 times
This is exactly why I'll never get married. Well I definately wouldn't marry someone who isn't giving me enough sex and can't have a conversation regarding why I'm not getting enough sex..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or