Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 06:51 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,128,367 times

Advertisements

There is absolutely nothing wrong with you. You have morals and your looking for a relationship. I'm not gay but I take a lot of flack myself on the same subject. I have friends telling me to loosen up so what if its a one night stand. There are so many out there that want to put the cart before the horse. Their idea is lets have sex if its good then maybe we can find out if we are compatible. Dont fall into that trap just stand your ground. In the morning you have to live with yourself and your actions. If your not going to be happy in the morning dont do it. Its just too bad the others dont understand, they dont have to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 08:44 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,622,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post

people really irritate me and it's very stressful to have to be in conflict with others constantly because apparently i'm not living the way i'm supposed to like everybody else.
It sucks having just a plain ol` normal, straight life too.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:41 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,755,761 times
How about open and affirming churches? Many of the more "liberal" denominations are absolutely open whether they post it on a sign or not and it's a time honored way to meet a partner and that person may well be more sexually conservative as you are.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:34 PM

376 posts, read 663,957 times
Quote:
I'm having a really hard time deciding if i am weird or in the wrong about this.

I do NOT believe in casual sex.

I do not care if someone else has it, not judging them.

every single time someone has found out i'm gay they try to 'hook me up' with another gay guy they know.

the who scene in my town entails having sex with someone first and then finding out if you're compatible.

people are wondering what's wrong with me.. why i'm not out there etc.

even my sister thinks that i'm in the wrong.

It's irritating.

I feel like i just want to be left alone, but at the same time i'm lonely.

I feel like i just have morals that i'm not willing to give up to 'belong' with others.

people really irritate me and it's very stressful to have to be in conflict with others constantly because apparently i'm not living the way i'm supposed to like everybody else.
first off, where do you live?

second, i think you need to be patient. there are guys that want a relationship. you'll find one. just keep looking. just hold your ground and your stance. there's nothing wrong with wanting a relationship and saying no to casual sex.

Old 01-14-2012, 02:30 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,147,660 times
Quote:
I'm having a really hard time deciding if i am weird or in the wrong about this.

I do NOT believe in casual sex.

I do not care if someone else has it, not judging them.

every single time someone has found out i'm gay they try to 'hook me up' with another gay guy they know.

the who scene in my town entails having sex with someone first and then finding out if you're compatible.

people are wondering what's wrong with me.. why i'm not out there etc.

even my sister thinks that i'm in the wrong.

It's irritating.

I feel like i just want to be left alone, but at the same time i'm lonely.

I feel like i just have morals that i'm not willing to give up to 'belong' with others.

Young man, you keep your morals and values. Don't let others bully you into what they think you should be doing. Try to do the things you enjoy, w/ or w/out others for company. Eventually, you will meet someone that has the same interests and values that has waited like you. Have you tried any singles sites. You might like to interact slowly thru conversation rather than the way your friends try to set you up. Something to think about.

Old 01-14-2012, 03:05 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,746,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
But I could see how a gay relationship could entail tons of casual sex, and quickly. With woman, guys are usually the ones doing the initiating...now TWO guys - my God!
You would think that, but statistically, gay men have less sexual partners on average than straight men.

Old 01-14-2012, 03:07 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,746,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Perhaps you're not gay?
How does not being into the gay club scene make someone not gay? He's attracted to men, and therefore is gay. This isn't rocket science and knowing your posting history, stop trying to make trouble.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:20 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,281,021 times
My son is very much like you, he is now 23. He did have a nice BF, but he moved on. So, my son is focusing on his career now, working full time, and doing an MBA program. He stays so busy, he is too busy too really think about a relationship. He is planning a vacation to Key West though...but, he wants to take his Mama.

Get busy with other things in your life, you have plenty of time to meet the right person.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:50 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,216,996 times
Quote:
Yeah. Other gay people make me nuts, too.
Because there is supposedly a way you are supposed to live if you are gay.
Being gay is as much a part of my 'lifestyle' as bowling is.
BFD.

Don't let it get you down. Just live you life. There are others out there like you who just live normal lives without making being gay or sleeping around the center of their universe.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:33 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,565,345 times
Yes, find other monogamous types even if you have to go looking for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships