Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would be your reaction?
Positive 29 80.56%
Negative 7 19.44%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 08:55 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,297,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
There's this passionate debate in the fashion board. Let's say your guy gets you a babydoll and asks you to wear it to light up the bed room. How would you react?

Simple question and a simple poll.
By stripping down and putting it on.

It should never even get to that point. I mean my situation is different but for the average couple I think that it should also be a woman's top priority to keep her husband's sexual attention on her in anyway she can.

I have a collection of lingerie. I figured that most other women did too.

There is a really easy solution if a man wants to get this done. Get your wife or ladyfriend a gift card to Victoria's Secret and give her enough money to get herself her usual wear and goods like make up, perfume, lotions ect. as well as something sexy to put on for you.

It doesn't have to be Victoria's Secret. It could be a high end boutique of some sort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 09:00 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times
Quote:
There's this passionate debate in the fashion board. Let's say your guy gets you a babydoll and asks you to wear it to light up the bed room. How would you react?

She likes also...

Also going to the local adult shop for an outfit or two can be fun. She is a size 0-2 so anything looks good really, lol

Old 01-13-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
She likes also...

Also going to the local adult shop for an outfit or two can be fun. She is a size 0-2 so anything looks good really, lol
How lucky for her! I usually around 110 - 115 pounds myself but since my surgery I have lost alot of weight and trying to find anything in a size 00 is a royal pain! If you are a 0-2 though everything you want is usually in stock. It is the bigger sizes that go first since most Americans are overweight.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:07 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,660 times
Folks, you're probably not going to be wearing it for very long so what is with all the whining? You're not going grocery shopping in the lingerie so why does it need to be figure flattering? And if a guy knows you well enough to buy lingerie for you in the first place, he probably knows what size you are and isn't going to buy an XS for a L lady.

For realz, if you can't put aside your own vanity for the five freaking minutes before he rips it off of you then you need to reevaluate your priorities.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Folks, you're probably not going to be wearing it for very long so what is with all the whining? You're not going grocery shopping in the lingerie so why does it need to be figure flattering? And if a guy knows you well enough to buy lingerie for you in the first place, he probably knows what size you are and isn't going to buy an XS for a L lady.

For realz, if you can't put aside your own vanity for the five freaking minutes before he rips it off of you then you need to reevaluate your priorities.
The problem arises because every woman feels differently about wearing certain things in front of her man. We can be shy and sensitive creatures ya know? We worry about how we look when we are trying to be sex for you.

Also if it is something that is uncomfortable to wear like a tight thong or some latex catsuit or a part of the suit is too loose or too tight and it doesn't look good we worry about that.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:23 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
What intent

It's obvious that if a man is doing something like this, he has one intent and one intent only, and of course, the woman is not doing it herself.
Okay - first of all - I'm not sure how you can think this way!!! My husband buys be lingerie all the time - and it's not because I'm not sexy enough or because I'm not doing it myself - it's because he likes seeing me dressed up in the things that he buys me. If he only bought me lingerie because he thought I wasn't sexy or because I wasn't doing it myself - I wouldn't wear it and I would probably never have sex with him again. And what kind of a d-bag tells his SO that she isn't sexy enough. Now, granted - when I try to act sexy - my husband laughs because I look like a goofball. But he finds me sexy and is very attracted to me. If he wasn't - I would throw the lingerie out the window.

Now that I got that off my chest - when the hubby buys me lingerie (which he does a lot) - I wear it. It's really that simple. The lingerie is for him. I don't go and pick things out because usually the things that I pick out aren't the things that he would pick out - and like I said - the lingerie is for him.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:24 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
The problem arises because every woman feels differently about wearing certain things in front of her man. We can be shy and sensitive creatures ya know? We worry about how we look when we are trying to be sex for you.

Also if it is something that is uncomfortable to wear like a tight thong or some latex catsuit or a part of the suit is too loose or too tight and it doesn't look good we worry about that.

I've worn everything that every guy has bought for me. I might not think that I look sexy - but they very obviously did - and that was the whole point, in my opinion.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:25 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times
Quote:

Like this:

If it fits like crap who cares...that is just funny and also an aphrodisiac.(humor)

I would also want to be told if I was looking frumpy or sloppy as mentioned in that other post. I'm weird like that I guess in the sense I appreciate direct communication.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:28 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Okay - first of all - I'm not sure how you can think this way!!! My husband buys be lingerie all the time - and it's not because I'm not sexy enough or because I'm not doing it myself - it's because he likes seeing me dressed up in the things that he buys me. If he only bought me lingerie because he thought I wasn't sexy or because I wasn't doing it myself - I wouldn't wear it and I would probably never have sex with him again. And what kind of a d-bag tells his SO that she isn't sexy enough. Now, granted - when I try to act sexy - my husband laughs because I look like a goofball. But he finds me sexy and is very attracted to me. If he wasn't - I would throw the lingerie out the window.

Now that I got that off my chest - when the hubby buys me lingerie (which he does a lot) - I wear it. It's really that simple. The lingerie is for him. I don't go and pick things out because usually the things that I pick out aren't the things that he would pick out - and like I said - the lingerie is for him.
You wanna know my opinion, aside from all the jokes I throw around.

A man buying dirty lingerie for the woman is downright bizarre and creepy. It has to come from the woman.

However, I like buying dress and other stuff which she can wear for the outside. I could take her to the shop and help her up with my fashion tips. But lingerie......... it's weird. I don't invest time in kinky stuff

Old 01-13-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I've worn everything that every guy has bought for me. I might not think that I look sexy - but they very obviously did - and that was the whole point, in my opinion.
Exactly. While the point is to be sexy for your man I also believe that the woman should enjoy the lingerie just as much as the man and let's be honest here alot of men can't pick clothes for jack let alone lingerie for their woman.

They better know her size and what is a good fit if they want a repeat in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships