Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2012, 09:16 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
My sister sells Mary Kay, and they require her to wear makeup everywhere she goes as advertising. She goes overboard with it. She wears two or three different colors on her eyelids and heavy lipstick and lip gloss. It's just too much.

I don't wear makeup; I never have. It's not that I don't care about my looks, I just don't like to fool with it. I live in a humid climate, and I can't imagine walking around outside with foundation on my face. I agree with whomever said that looking fit and healthy makes my skin look way better than slathering on foundation.

And if you look ill without makeup, shouldn't that be a signal that something should be addressed internally? If I wore makeup and someone saw me without it and told me I looked ill, I would be concerned.
Well, if people are used to you always wearing makeup, even if it's just just a bit of mascara and eye liner, you can look a little 'under the weather' without it. I know my eyes look a bit smaller and I look kind of tired when I'm not wearing makeup. Considering I rarely wear it anymore, now when I DO people tell me how pretty I look haha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 09:20 PM

55 posts, read 182,681 times
Caked on, visible foundation and anything in bright, unnatural colors is a no. I think guys who complain about girls wearing makeup are generally complaining about girls wearing unnatural looking makeup. But a little tinted moisturizer goes a long way, and gives uneven skin that "natural" look.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:23 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,742,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Let me show you mine! Of course, that's not even only make-up. FraudShop is involved, too.

I bet at least half of us here look better without the tricks!

Celebrities Without Makeup...OMG - YouTube
I actually thought a couple of those women looked better without makeup, especially Kim Kardashian. And I thought Halle Berry looked fantastic in the picture they used, if maybe not quite as stunning as she usually does. But the rest of them, yikes. I have to wonder if they would look better without makeup now if they had never started using it in the first place.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:29 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,278,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Well, if people are used to you always wearing makeup, even if it's just just a bit of mascara and eye liner, you can look a little 'under the weather' without it. I know my eyes look a bit smaller and I look kind of tired when I'm not wearing makeup. Considering I rarely wear it anymore, now when I DO people tell me how pretty I look haha.

That's what I mean. Your natural, normal look (no makeup) is "tired"?

Old 01-13-2012, 09:29 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
I have to wonder if they would look better without makeup now if they had never started using it in the first place.
Could be... Doing nothing is better sometimes. My Mom put nothing other than moisturizer on her face all her life and didn't have wrinkles until her 50's. Some of the celebrities are more wrinkled in their early 30's than she was in her early 50's.

Sometimes it's just genes... I had a neighbor - a very poor woman having lived a very hard life as a single parent. She was in her 70's and her face looked like a baby bum, I swear!

Old 01-13-2012, 09:32 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,278,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
I actually thought a couple of those women looked better without makeup, especially Kim Kardashian. And I thought Halle Berry looked fantastic in the picture they used, if maybe not quite as stunning as she usually does. But the rest of them, yikes. I have to wonder if they would look better without makeup now if they had never started using it in the first place.

I agree. Kim, Halle, and I'm sorry but I love Tyra Banks even in the jacked up photo. The woman is stunning...naturally. Her skin and eye color are just gorgeous.

I hate it when they make these videos and they catch the celebrity looking like they just got off a bender or their face is frowned up. No one would look good under those circumstances.

Last edited by mochamajesty; 01-13-2012 at 09:54 PM..

Old 01-13-2012, 09:52 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mephie View Post
Am I the only male out there that doesn't like women who wear makeup? I saw the plastic surgery thread and I got to thinking...

I really detest makeup-- especially as a woman wears more and more of it. I feel people have a natural beauty and they should embrace it. I hate seeing women who wear pounds of it on their face or breasts (to make them look bigger, evidently this is a big thing now)... I don't like the idea that people want to hide their "imperfections".

I understand why women wear makeup, but I don't think they should feel they have to.

Further, are there any women out there that don't like wearing makeup but feel they have to?

NB: To be fair, I did have and want braces, but I feel that was more of a medically relevant necessity rather than cosmetic (just like reconstructive surgery, in my book is okay, but cosmetic surgery is not).
Braces are elective and cosmetic....fyi

Old 01-13-2012, 10:03 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,853,752 times
Quote:
You'd be surprised at what a bit of eyeliner and mascara can do for most women. I know it makes me look more awake and alert.
Amen!!!

If I don't wear some eye definition (liner, mascara, a bit of neutral shadow) then my eyes cease to exist. I recently had eye surgery and could not wear any eye makeup for a week, yet I still had to go to work, and just about everyone who saw me asked me, "What happened?" I don't think I wear enough makeup for people to be aware that I am made up but when I don't...

Old 01-13-2012, 10:23 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
That's what I mean. Your natural, normal look (no makeup) is "tired"?
Compared to my makeup look? Absolutely.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:49 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Compared to my makeup look? Absolutely.
Honestly I'd have to see a picture of you with and without make up to see if this is true to my eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships