Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2012, 02:47 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
For all the men who supposeldy dislike women who wear make up, you have no conception of what "beautiful" famous women look like without make up. You will quickly change your mind. Beyonce w/o makeup:
If Beyonce or whoever she is was truly beautiful, she wouldn't need make up. Neither of my wives wore make-up (or butt-ugly finger-nail polish) but they were beautiful to me.

Not changing my mind....

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Straight males are doing everything they can to be as boring looking to the opposite sex as possible. No wonder a lot of women are buying into the bi/lesbian-craze, while the men salivate on.
So, what, men are supposed to wear makeup? I don't think so.

If you ask me, your society is whacked. All this business with men aren't supposed to have body hair and women shaving.

I want a woman, not a prepubescent female.

The majority of my women never shaved their armpits either. You all probably think that is "gross" but that's only because you live now, and not 50 years ago.

Women in America didn't shave their armpits until some guy in a silk suit from Madison Avenue got on TV and said if you don't shave your armpits you're not a real woman and not beautiful.

So, I guess the real question is why would you buy into someone else's vision of beauty, especially when that someone's sole agenda is to sell you something?

Questioning paradigms...

Mircea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2012, 03:15 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,963,487 times
A woman who looks good without makeup makes no difference because she won't be seen with makeup..

Old 01-14-2012, 03:33 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

The majority of my women never shaved their armpits either. You all probably think that is "gross" but that's only because you live now, and not 50 years ago.

Women in America didn't shave their armpits until some guy in a silk suit from Madison Avenue got on TV and said if you don't shave your armpits you're not a real woman and not beautiful.
Wrong, wrong, wrong.......women started shaving in the 20s when shorter and sleeveless dresses became the rage.
It helps to know fashion history before one goes off half-cocked.

Old 01-14-2012, 03:58 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Wrong, wrong, wrong.......women started shaving in the 20s when shorter and sleeveless dresses became the rage.
Next time go full-****.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:00 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Next time go full-****.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:22 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Nonsense.

Makeup (properly applied) makes everyone look better. It doesn't matter, old, young, pretty, unattractive.

It's not that makeup makes you look more beautiful (which of course it does), it also gives you a finished, professional, and polished look.

Men that typically say women look better without makeup typically know nothing about makeup. I asked a guy who told me women look better without makeup if I was wearing makeup when I met him, and if so, how much and what was the nature of the kind of makeup was I wearing.

He couldn't even tell me if I was wearing makeup.

I am going to post a face picture of myself and I want people to guess how many times of makeup am I wearing. Then I will let you know exactly what I'm wearing. Men only!
What do you mean how many times? How many layers?

Being a guy I don't quite know how to say it. I'd say you have a decent amount of makeup on, but it doesn't like like that much.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:24 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Yes, same with shaving legs. Changing fashions. I think that's the reason, in part, that women covered their lower half completely in earlier years. The idea that many of these Victorian beauties had legs as hairy as some men is kind of um, disturbing to the modern mind. Oh and they all had pit hair. Am I scaring all of you?

Old 01-14-2012, 04:28 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
No men's afro down below scares me. Not women's hairy legs. Lol

Old 01-14-2012, 04:29 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
I like when women wear makeup, tons of women look really ugly without it.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:31 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
It's funny, because women who put on more 'natural' looking makeup are oftentimes wearing the same amount that a very made up woman is wearing they're just better at applying it.

I don't wear makeup, except for a bit to define my eyebrows. I have found, however, that men do treat me better when I do wear makeup. The prettier oh are as a woman, the better you are treated. When I don't wear makeup I'm virtually ignored.

That's funny, because even as a guy that happens to me. I always know when my hair gets too long, because when my hair grows out, I am treated a LOT worse than when I have a haircut. When I have a haircut, I get better service from waitresses, girls smile at me in the supermarket, random conversations etc....

When my hair gets too long, girls don't smile, waitresses aren't QUITE as nice and I don't usually have girls approach me and give me too much attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships