Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 09:03 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,297,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I was thinking a Lord will have supernatural powers

You wanna know what my world looks like?
So your saying that in your world you look like a member of the blue man group?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2012, 09:05 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
So your saying that in your world you look like a member of the blue man group?
That's actually a sacred image of the highest Hindu deity. I'll get whacked in the head if a devout hindu were to take it in the wrong way

Old 01-14-2012, 09:14 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,297,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
That's actually a sacred image of the highest Hindu deity. I'll get whacked in the head if a devout hindu were to take it in the wrong way
Oh. I had no idea. Tsk tsk! If you are picking on another religion though.

Old 01-15-2012, 12:56 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
Yeah, liberals are good at being selective and choosing whose choices are worthy of respect, as if they are God and all-knowing. I think people should be able to choose to live however they like and it should be respected.

LMAO! When did this thread become political?
But now that we are on the subject...liberals do this?
Hmmm.. conservatives and religious zealots absolutely NEVER dictate ( Insert sarcasm right about now) how individuals should live their lives, what they choose to do with their bodies, what angers god..PLEASSSSSE!

That said, even besides Muslims and other foreign cultures, many Americans live according to these gender roles, taking on different responsibilities as a team. Many middle-class folks live this way, even if they aren't vocal about it and don't acknowledge it or point it out. Though it's probably most pronounced within the working class, which is where you'll find the women who are most dependent on men combined with less political correctness. Dare I say different roles according to gender are actually natural?
You could not be more wrong...Being that the "Nuclear family" has been on the decline since the late 70's and forward with more households being single family and extended family...
Where are you getting your stats from? This is sociology intro basics..Their are more single families led by mothers whom play both roles...they hold full time jobs as well as having a "second shift" look it up please! and coming home only to clean and make sure they can be there for the children and deal with life...
The deconstruction of "Nuclear" families has affected our children for quite some time now..
Now for those families that are still working under the "Nuclear family model" have adopted roles since middle class families generally speaking cannot make it on one income..since in case you have not heard the middle class is diminishing in size as we speak..that are "dual" roles meaning...
Both parties chip in whether it be dad has a full time job and mom has a p/t job or full time job..both are dead beat tired at the end of the day and life does not stop happening simply just because..
it is a co-op..both chip in and while duties may be split, the man is surely not the king of his castle because MARRIAGE is a partnership meaning that the parties involved have an open dialogue and pride and ridiculous archaic views from times of yore no longer fit the puzzle...

Now obviously it becomes a problem or at least troubling to most of us when the man has so much influence he's actually controlling the woman, as if she were a 13 year old child. Or if he treats her as if she literally doubles as a maid. Even then, who am I to say what's right or wrong in that regard? I guess when it comes down to the guy not letting the woman leave the lifestyle if she wanted to or intimidated her to stay is when it flat out becomes wrong.
I actually agree with this part of your post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
What's the problem? He's being honest and women always say they want a man to be honest.. Now get me a beer and the remote.. Keep until I need another one.
lmao...whats wrong with your arms and legs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
oh har dee har har
lol...what you should have stated was "Pack a lunch it's going to be a long day"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
if i was her i'd tell him to fist himself
lol...wrong reply..he might actually like it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I don't think I'll ever understand the mentality of the guy in the OP. I'd wanna be doing stuff with my wife, hell that's the whole reason I'd marry her. If I wanted a servant I'd hire one.

But, those are his values and not mine. If your sister wants that kind of relationship then great, if not then she should stay away cos it's a recipe for disaster.
Dangit..I tried to rep you on this..but could not..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
1950 called, and they want him back.
lmao! I repped you...I almost spit my juice out all over my laptop..no bueno..

Old 01-15-2012, 11:32 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
That a man is the king of his castle, if he comes home from work he expect his meals hot,kids taken care of,house clean,and her not to complain when he goes out to unwind everynight. WDYT? My sister is extremely liberal BTW, so you can guess how well this went over.

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/...k/guesswho.jpg

Old 01-15-2012, 02:28 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
I've got no problem playing Harriet to his Ozzie, as long as he makes enough money and shares in the child raising, but there will be no going out to unwind on weeknights. A poker night or sports event once in awhile, or a golf game on weekends, is fine as long as he's here to babysit when I do the same.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:52 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I've got no problem playing Harriet to his Ozzie, as long as he makes enough money and shares in the child raising, but there will be no going out to unwind on weeknights. A poker night or sports event once in awhile, or a golf game on weekends, is fine as long as he's here to babysit when I do the same.
I think that's fair. And I try not to let the fact that I'm personally more content spending time with my girlfriend and kiddo than my other friends decide what others "should" do here. But it certainly goes both ways. A guy who wants to go out and "unwind" needs to understand that the woman might feel the need to do the same. Contrary to popular sexist belief, staying home (especially when you have at least one kid) is not necessarily easier on the body or mind than employment.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:15 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,471 times
Ha Ha. Sounds like an first and last conversation.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:18 AM

951 posts, read 1,811,244 times
Quote:
That a man is the king of his castle, if he comes home from work he expect his meals hot,kids taken care of,house clean,and her not to complain when he goes out to unwind everynight. WDYT? My sister is extremely liberal BTW, so you can guess how well this went over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
IMHO I think he is a jerk.
And surprisingly, he is likely to have more success that all the other guys who are azz kissers.

Most women love honesty in a man and most of the rest really aren't interested in marriage!

Old 01-16-2012, 01:57 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,410,320 times
Quote:
That a man is the king of his castle, if he comes home from work he expect his meals hot, kids taken care of, house clean, and her not to complain when he goes out to unwind every night.
That is the reason he is ALONE in his castle.

He wants a slave; not a wife or a real marriage with give and take. Slavery was abolished some time ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships