U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-14-2012, 07:33 AM
 
Location: In the loop
370 posts, read 524,696 times
Reputation: 632

Advertisements

I just finished reading Culture Smart, Thailand, for my work as a teacher.

Okay, Mr. OP, let it be known that any Thai girl seen ALONE with a white man (or not Thai) immediately loses 'face' in her culture. Most Thais would assume she is a prostitute. She might HAVE to be due to her lack of money.

The Thai people have a regard for status. They also accept (mainly being Buddhists) that live is meant to be hard if they are born poor. They hope that life will get better and they envy people with money.

So many girls do become prostitutes to survive.

If this is the kind of bride you want (again, go read the book), fine. She's probably lovely and been with many, many men.

Nice Thai girls meet via friends (family friends) and through their parents, not in bars/clubs/and so on.

Sorry to be blunt, but your lovely bride (if she exists) is low class.

Have a great day, and thanks!

 
Old 01-14-2012, 07:39 AM
Status: "Oh geez it's a long road to next Spring." (set 4 days ago)
 
Location: Northern panhandle of WV
1,592 posts, read 1,531,998 times
Reputation: 1295
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Can you further explain what these values are, and how they are so different from those of American women?

I'm going to go on a limb and guess you don't like American women because, I don't know, they're "materialistic, superficial, gold-digging..."

You do realize why American/Western men are such a "catch" to those women, right? Because you're perceived as being affluent, wealthy. A chance for an easier life for them.

(This coming from a non-American woman).
That's only a small part of it...American men treat women well and put them on a pedestal...they do not get that pampering in their own countries. Women in America do not appreciate guys like me whereas a women from Asia most likely would. Women in other countries have less options than American women and the playing field is more even. Women in America like to play the field with 20 different guys they can only do this because so many men want to be players. When they find out none of the men will commit then they whine there are no good men. American women are the most materialistic women in the world, it's a fact. So a guy like me that isn't loaded and doesn't have power/social status has a hard time meeting quality women. Even though I have a long list of qualities.
 
Old 01-14-2012, 07:39 AM
 
7,627 posts, read 8,157,487 times
Reputation: 8807
Thailand Diaries: Koh Samui - Western Men and Bar Girls
 
Old 01-14-2012, 07:48 AM
Status: "Oh geez it's a long road to next Spring." (set 4 days ago)
 
Location: Northern panhandle of WV
1,592 posts, read 1,531,998 times
Reputation: 1295
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
This is pathetic.
Not at all...the op is smart. I'm looking foreign as well except I won't be going mail order I'm signing up for a subscription on one of the big international dating sites. I have tons of women messaging me on there already and a few I can't wait to talk to. I'm only 35 and have no children so I have tons of options on there since I'm not considered one of the old men looking for a woman 20 years younger than me.

t's a shame women in America don't appreciate attractive, athletic men with a great personality, loving, caring, loyal, no baggage...just because the guy doesn't have a profile job or is not loaded. They are really a sad case...I just heard about another unhappy married woman the other day she was traveling and was going to cheat on her husband if the opportunity was there. Her husband makes good money and they have kids together but she is not attracted to him or in love with him. When will women wake up in America?
 
Old 01-14-2012, 07:55 AM
 
19,081 posts, read 12,319,320 times
Reputation: 13233
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Not at all...the op is smart. I'm looking foreign as well except I won't be going mail order I'm signing up for a subscription on one of the big international dating sites. I have tons of women messaging me on there already and a few I can't wait to talk to.

It's a shame women in America don't appreciate attractive, athletic men with a great personality, loving, caring, loyal, no baggage...just because the guy doesn't have a profile job or is not loaded. They are really a sad case...I just heard about another unhappy married woman the other day she was traveling and was going to cheat on her husband if the opportunity was there. Her husband makes good money and they have kids together but she is not attracted to him or in love with him. When will women wake up in America?
I see you're still mixing and drinking your kool-aid.
 
Old 01-14-2012, 07:55 AM
 
Location: Hills & Hollers of the Aux Arcs
18,985 posts, read 16,194,208 times
Reputation: 16914
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
That's only a small part of it...American men treat women well and put them on a pedestal...they do not get that pampering in their own countries. Women in America do not appreciate guys like me whereas a women from Asia most likely would. Women in other countries have less options than American women and the playing field is more even. Women in America like to play the field with 20 different guys they can only do this because so many men want to be players. When they find out none of the men will commit then they whine there are no good men. American women are the most materialistic women in the world, it's a fact. So a guy like me that isn't loaded and doesn't have power/social status has a hard time meeting quality women. Even though I have a long list of qualities.
Balderdash. There are plenty of good men and plenty of good women who value them in America. That you can't seem to find one or more of the latter speaks far more of you than American society as a whole. Having lived in three Asian countries, compliments of Uncle Sam, I have a bit of insight into their societies and the women. "Made in America" suits me just fine.

By all means, go for the easy elsewhere and prepare to be played.
 
Old 01-14-2012, 08:01 AM
 
Location: In the loop
370 posts, read 524,696 times
Reputation: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
So a guy like me that isn't loaded and doesn't have power/social status has a hard time meeting quality women. Even though I have a long list of qualities.
There are plenty of women from the USA who feel the same.

I have to say I agree with people in other threads like this one who say most of the good ones got snapped up in their late 20s and early 30s.

You say you aren't loaded and you have a not so enviable job. You just described 90 percent of the US population.

What qualities are you looking for? We often mirror out what we get back.
 
Old 01-14-2012, 08:03 AM
 
19,081 posts, read 12,319,320 times
Reputation: 13233
Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeon View Post
balderdash. there are plenty of good men and plenty of good women who value them in america. that you can't seem to find one or more of the latter speaks far more of you than american society as a whole. Having lived in three asian countries, compliments of uncle sam, i have a bit of insight into their societies and the women. "made in america" suits me just fine.

By all means, go for the easy elsewhere and prepare to be played.
+1
 
Old 01-14-2012, 08:04 AM
 
Location: Destrehan, Louisiana
2,192 posts, read 3,664,063 times
Reputation: 3488
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtownKeith View Post
Well I'm pretty run down from so much traveling. Safe to say I will not be looking forward to another harrowing flight to Bangkok but I am definatley going back!

There was a lot that went on but let me just give you some of the highlights?

I went there to meet a handful of Thai ladies that were open to the idea of marrying a western man. I figured if American gals don't appreciate a stable professional man than maybe a foreign one would!

Before I met with these ladies I set out to a few spots in Bangkok my buddy suggested. Well let me just say the American bar experience has NOTHING on the Thai bar universe!! I received plenty of attention and ego stroking from the moment I walked in , beautiful young girls not only smiling and making eye contact with me but walking straight up and starting a conversation. Well as best they could with their limited english skills but we got along great! I consumed plenty of cheap great beer and talked with several girls and lets just say I had a great couple of nights!!
This was exactly what I needed and boosted my confidence levels, I felt renewed and wore a smile on my face 24/7!

When it came time meet my prospective brides we sat and talked at a pre arranged time and place. I hit it off with one gal and she agreed to take me around and be my personal tour guide. We saw a lot of amazing sights and she helped me out with buying souveniours without being ripped off. I tell ya being a westerner in Bangkok you get lots of attention from shop keeps! But anyway, we spent some quality time together she is sweet and innocent and has a 12 year old daughter living elsewhere with relatives. We didn't have a lot of time to get acquainted but we are keeping in touch and I plan on returning as soon as I get more vacation time! I'm optimistic about our future.

In conclusion I have to say never having traveled abroad before that women in Asia have a COMPLETELY different set of priorities than American gals. They are approachable , transparent, very easy on the eyes, do not play games - I am sold on the idea of marrying a Thai woman and only regret that I did not think of this 15 years ago!

Dude, you can buy a wife but you can never buy love.
 
Old 01-14-2012, 08:07 AM
 
Location: Wherever women are
19,023 posts, read 14,177,740 times
Reputation: 11309
This is so typical of C-D.

Why can't you folks be happy for the OP and wish him well. You all love going to Thai restaurants and stuff yourselves on a bowl of yellow Thai curry, don't you? Medium spicy, please
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top