Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 10:44 AM

629 posts, read 771,820 times

Advertisements

Its only a problem to you which I dont understand unless you are selling your daughter into sexual slavery. Ive seen all the DOCs with Lucy Liu breaking up the evil sex kidknappers. I am more concerned about the young girls here din America going through the same thing. Dont make assumptions about what I disdain

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
However, the problem with selling daughters into the sex trade is a much bigger problem in countries like Thailand and the Phillipines than it is in the United States. There are even shady tour companies that organize sex tours for disgusting American men who have a preference for young (very young) Asian girls. These men tend to objectify and treat these girls as nothing more than sex toys.

I notice that you have not indicated a disdain for the sexual abuse that these young girls must suffer. You have focused solely on what you want. And that is the typical attitude of the types of men who fly around the world to have "relations" with these girls.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:46 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
That just means there are a lot of single divorced moms around my age which is one of the things I always point out. I have a clean slate so I want a woman with a clean slate.
I'm sorry if you desire perfection but no one is perfect. I wouldn't rule out a woman who spent a little time in a bad marriage if they didn't have a kid. I believe everyone has a right to make a big mistake and move on provided they owned it and moved on,

Old 01-15-2012, 10:46 AM

Im not going to repeat myself. Its mostly in my previous posts in this thread. Alot of it has to do with the Feminist movement and its unintended consequesnses

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
Why do you feel that the pool of candidates would be better for American men past the age of 24 if they are seeking a bride in a foreign country as opposed to the U.S.?

What about any particular culture, society, law or demographic makes the pool potentially better than here?

Old 01-15-2012, 10:47 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,297,584 times
Quote:
These men want subservient wives. They want dependent wives. They want wives with fewer options.

The men lack self assurance and are usually socially inept.
That honestly scares me to death! My mother had to stay with men that she didn't love here in order to put a roof over our heads because she can't work herself. It lead to alot of violence and abuse and that is why I swore I was never going to be financially dependant on a man.

The idea that men are predatory enough to seek out such a dependant relationship makes me truly thankful that I married my Husband and not one of those yahoos.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:49 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,297,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicane View Post
Im not going to repeat myself. Its mostly in my previous posts in this thread. Alot of it has to do with the Feminist movement and its unintended consequesnses
The feminist movement has been great to us women here in America. However I am not for the idea of women being superior to men or less than men. I believe in equality and unfortunatly I see your point about the feminist movement gaining superiority under the guise of equality. I don't agree with that at all but to imply that most American women feel that they are superior to men here in the U.S. is a ridiculous statement.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:49 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
That just means there are a lot of single divorced moms around my age which is one of the things I always point out.
Yes, that is exactly the point. It's largely a poor decision to marry that young. It too often renders poor results.

Quote:
I have a clean slate so I want a woman with a clean slate.
I was not younger than you when I married. You're 32? Granted, I got together with my husband when I was in my late 20s and was engaged before 30, but I was no spring chicken. I don't think you have a clean slate. Sorry, but I think there is something very wrong with anyone who holds bigoted tendencies. Making loosey goosey judgments about entire populations based on personal experience is indicative of a person with baggage.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:53 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Most of the rest of the world doesn't...American women are not sought after the way American men are. American men are known for treating women better than most anywhere in the world. They like American women for an easy lay when they are vacationing in Europe or something but they aren't considered worth moving for or having a relationship with.

According to this, American men are the fifth worst lovers:

[URL="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/6241440/German-men-are-worlds-worst-lovers-with-English-men-in-second-place.html"]German men are 'world's worst lovers'[/URL]

American men are also the fourth best husbands:

[URL="http://www.newser.com/story/66012/domesticated-swedes-make-best-husbands.html"]Domesticated Swedes Make Best Husbands - Brits, Americans land in top 5 on 'egalitarian index'; Aussies last[/URL]

But before you start crowing, they are ranked high on the husband scale because of a willingness to do a little housework. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't get the impression that men who shop for women in Thailand are the kind of men who do housework, being that they claim the whole point is to be "traditional."

Which, by the way, translates to being a "provider," which means you get to spend all day at work while she gets her housework done by noon and then sits on the couch eating bon-bons all afternoon, if she's not out shopping and spending the money you make--as that is what mail order brides see as "traditional."

Quote:
No they just think they are. That's sort of the problem isn't it? I always agree with the things you say but the reality is a lot of women don't see it like you do. If you review this thread you will notice a number of women said I would not be considered worthy of them just due to the fact that I'm still working on a degree and I am not high on the career ladder at age 35. That's just in this thread...so imagine how many think that in general. The proof is there.

I have mostly dated women over 27 from the suburbs that have no kids and have not married yet. This is my status as well...so the women I have dated have been a perfect match for me in those 2 key areas. In every situation as far as I can tell my career status and degree status was a huge issue to them. Nothing else mattered, that was the most important thing.
You live in the panhandle of West Virginia. Pardon me if this sounds elitist, coming from someone who grew up and lives on Long Island and lived in northern Virginia just outside DC for 20+ years, but that's not exactly a hotbed of enlightened women. This may offend folks here, but suburbia often isn't. Region matters, too. I have a guy friend in Tallahassee who complains that the women there all want men who work with their hands and have gun racks on pick-up trucks, while he's a well-traveled accountant with two degrees. I suggest you go somewhere a little more liberal or progressive than West Virginian suburbs if you want a woman who is going to treat you like a partner and not a bank or workhorse.

Which is ironic, considering that you're hung up on going to less-developed nations for a spouse.

Again, you fail to see that a woman who wants you for 50K is no different than a woman who wants another man for $100K. If it's love you want, you're not going to find it with a mail order bride. They're after your money.

Quote:
Some are fine...you already know my stance you're married and you married when you were young. I'm talking about women that are single and in the dating pool for a guy my age. Do you know what it's like to spend 300 dollars for tickets to an event then get stood up by the woman that said she would go with you? That's the kind of women that are out there for guys like me in America.
Quote:
You're just sucking up to the women on CD your posts mean nothing to me and they add nothing intelligent to the conversation. Refute some of the posts I have made with facts then we'll talk. You're assuming to know people over the internet you have never met in real life lol.
Here's a mirror, so you can better see the connection between the two sentences I've bolded for you.

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/...ark/mirror.jpg

It also might help you see how your arguments are the very height of hypocrisy, given that you are painting all women in the U.S. as overpicky gold-diggers because you were foolish enough to spend 300 bucks on tickets to an event for a woman you are not in an official relationship with.

Last edited by Yzette; 01-15-2012 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: nip and tuck

Old 01-15-2012, 10:54 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,800,250 times
Quote:
These men want subservient wives. They want dependent wives. They want wives with fewer options.

The men lack self assurance and are usually socially inept.
calipoppy you are downright lying and trolling. How do you know what a man wants? I don't know any guy that married a foreign woman and expects her to subservient...what a crock of BS. You're reading about stories from back in the World War II era. Go back and read the thread if you even know how to read that is. You're a johnny come lately to the thread and not interested in an intellectual discussion. I could care less about having a subservient woman so go back to your cave and get up to speed on some things. If I married a foreign women I would let her do whatever the hell she wants as long as she treats me well I'm happy. The problem is not what American men want.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:55 AM

I agree, my father was an abusive drunk and the womens movement empowered women in this country in a very necessary way. My point is that there are also unintended consequenses having to do with social safety nets and entitlement that have perverted segments of the female population in this country

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
The feminist movement has been great to us women here in America. However I am not for the idea of women being superior to men or less than men. I believe in equality and unfortunatly I see your point about the feminist movement gaining superiority under the guise of equality. I don't agree with that at all but to imply that most American women feel that they are superior to men here in the U.S. is a ridiculous statement.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:56 AM

I dont think hes painting all women in the US that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
According to this, American men are the fifth worst lovers:

German men are 'world's worst lovers'

American men are also the fourth best husbands:

Domesticated Swedes Make Best Husbands - Brits, Americans land in top 5 on 'egalitarian index'; Aussies last

But before you start crowing, they are ranked high on the husband scale because of a willingness to do a little housework. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't get the impression that men who shop for women in Thailand are the kind of men who do housework, being that they claim the whole point is to be "traditional."

Which, by the way, translates to being a "provider," which means you get to spend all day at work while she gets her housework done by noon and then sits on the couch eating bon-bons all afternoon, if she's not out shopping and spending the money you make--as that is what mail order brides see as "traditional."

You live in the panhandle of West Virginia. Pardon me if this sounds elitist, coming from someone who grew up and lives on Long Island and lived in Virginia for 20+ years, but that's not exactly a hotbed of enlightened women. This may offend folks here, but suburbia generally isn't.

If you want women who are less "traditional," meaning less concerned with a man's job, you'll have to live somewhere a little more modern.

Which is ironic, considering that you're hung up on going to less developed nations for a spouse.

Again, you fail to see that a woman who wants you for 50K is no different than a woman who wants another man for $100K. If it's love you want, you're not going to find it with a mail order bride. They're after your money.

Here's a mirror, so you can better see the connection between the two sentences I've bolded for you.

It also might help you see how your arguments are the very height of hypocrisy, given that you are painting all women in the U.S. as overpicky gold-diggers because you were foolish enough to spend 300 bucks on tickets to an event for a woman you are not in an official relationship with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships