Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2012, 11:31 PM

129 posts, read 246,449 times

Advertisements

Lol- thanks for the correction

Is there a cover charge?

Old 01-14-2012, 11:43 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
This is so typical of C-D.

Why can't you folks be happy for the OP and wish him well. You all love going to Thai restaurants and stuff yourselves on a bowl of yellow Thai curry, don't you? Medium spicy, please
No doubt. Alot of haters on this thread, I don't know if it's envy or if it's jealousy. I do know that Thai women are beautiful and caring and love Western men, and I only hope he meets someone who cares for him as much as he will care for her.

Best of luck man, Thailand is a great country, i will never forget the kindness of its people when I visited there in 1986. I plan on returning someday, who knows, maybe I'll bring a female friend back too.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:45 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
This is so typical of C-D.

Why can't you folks be happy for the OP and wish him well. You all love going to Thai restaurants and stuff yourselves on a bowl of yellow Thai curry, don't you? Medium spicy, please
From someone that lists their location as; My Harem

Old 01-14-2012, 11:53 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
I met this awesome, awesome overweight girl off one of the sites. She is very cute and has a good job. She should be about 40 pounds over, if I have to make a good estimate. But at 5 8, she looks just fine. I always wondered why heavier women are so nice and down to earth.

I have a strong theory that excessive working out and narcissism converts women into the pop princess types and gives them a sense of social superiority. I have that touch of narcissism in me, myself.

When men like you exclude the overweight women, you are missing out on some "serious" relationship material. FACT. And it's your loss, guys.
Spot on man, spot on.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:58 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,068,288 times
I was under the impression that Asian women were even more concerned about money (for different reasons) than American women. I'm pretty sure that they put a HUGE emphasis on having a financially stable future.

Old 01-15-2012, 12:31 AM

2,918 posts, read 5,608,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adric View Post
I was under the impression that Asian women were even more concerned about money (for different reasons) than American women. I'm pretty sure that they put a HUGE emphasis on having a financially stable future.
yes. issan girls always love to show off the newfound wealth from the great white buffalo. its a status thing. the OP will be expected to build a bigger house than the last farang that married a girl from taht village. he'll also be expected to send money back to poppa on a monthly basis and pay for all family "emergencies"

Old 01-15-2012, 01:18 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,056 times
Its probably the last option for men who are drowning in child support and other laundry lists of liabilities. Once you have too many liabilities its impossible to live a good quality of life in the USA, the only real solution is to leave. Yea it might not be lagit if he met her in a bar or whatever but for an increasing number of men thats way better than the options they have state side.

You cant fault someone for trying in life, they have obviously exhausted their other options since going to thai land to find a wife is extreme so the USA has pushed them to such extremes. Maybe they can bring some skill to thailand like engineering or medicine and not be exploited like they are in the USA. High skill people in the USA are viewed as an ATM for the majority of lazy bums in this nation, the brain drain is comming.

nothing wrong with a thai woman seeing a man as a provider if she is willing to be a good wife, unlike some women in the USA who will get their man into a legal situation where he still has to pay and she no longer has to put out, just collect a check. I dont blame a woman for viewing a man as a "meal ticket" so to speak as long as she is willing to continually be a good wife, that is a mutually benificial arrangment but when a woman gets divorced in the USA she gets her meal ticket with no performance and even can line up another boy friend.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:10 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
yes. issan girls always love to show off the newfound wealth from the great white buffalo. its a status thing. the OP will be expected to build a bigger house than the last farang that married a girl from taht village. he'll also be expected to send money back to poppa on a monthly basis and pay for all family "emergencies"

I Googled some of the words you used here (I had no idea what "farang" meant) and found this:

[URL="http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/Reader/reader1844.htm"]What Farangs “Don’t Get” About Thai Women[/URL]

It confirms my suspicions: That "good" Thai women are not the sort who chase after or consort with foreign men, and Thai women who say they want a farang will settle for any farang because they are desperate and only in it for the money.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:36 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
I Googled some of the words you used here (I had no idea what "farang" meant) and found this:

What Farangs “Don’t Get” About Thai Women

It confirms my suspicions: That "good" Thai women are not the sort who chase after or consort with foreign men, and Thai women who say they want a farang will settle for any farang because they are desperate and only in it for the money.
At least those men don't have to worry about golddiggers.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:17 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
At least those men don't have to worry about golddiggers.
But the gold they are digging for is peanuts in comparison to what an american woman would dig for. American women have figured out how to steal a mans future (child support, alimony) and not just the money he has in his pockets at the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships