Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 10:34 AM

629 posts, read 771,729 times

Advertisements

Im not complaining. I love the way people in this thread assume something about you and then start arguing with you about. Its called a

strawman

I am as happy as I could possibly be married to a woman who was born and raised in Manila the Philippine Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
Exactly. If this has been going on for ages and you knew about it then you can't complain that you willingly putting your military service and getting your college degree ahead of getting married when you knew that the women you consider prime marriage material are already married before you were done with those things.

This is the same in any culture. Most Asian women are married young too and the ones that aren't usually have baggage of some type.

I don't see the reasoning behind bashing American women since the same things you bash them for are true everywhere else in the world.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:34 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,297,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
These women (or girls) have fewer options and that is what makes them attractive to the men who seek them out.

These women are dependent on their men in the way that American women in the 1800s were dependent on men (due to the lack of equal rights for women). The men obviously suffer from a lack of self confidence in relationships because they prefer women that are with the men because they "need" them not because they "want" them. These men do not believe that they have what it takes to maintain a relationship with a woman who stays because she simply wants to be in that relationship. It that old keep them "barefoot and pregnant" mentality.
So men want a women to marry them not for love but because they have few other options and no choice but to be dependant on them for survival?

Old 01-15-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicane View Post
Im not complaining. I love the way people in this thread assume something about you and then start arguing with you about. Its called a

strawman

I am as happy as I could possibly be married to a woman who was born and raised in Manila the Philippine Islands
Congratulations.

I am not trying to argue with you. I am trying to figure out the reasoning behind your argument that American women are inferior to Asian women/women in poorer countries on the basis that American women are supposedly more picky and gold digging when women in other countries don't have the luxury of being able to be picky because they are desperate to find a man who can support them financially and give them a better life.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:38 AM

Thats a lot of assumptions and reads as garble. But to address this nonsense I will say again. The same thing happens right here in the good ole US of A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
These women (or girls) have fewer options and that is what makes them attractive to the men who seek them out.

These women are dependent on their men in the way that American women in the 1800s were dependent on men (due to the lack of equal rights for women). The men obviously suffer from a lack of self confidence in relationships because they prefer women that are with the men because they "need" them not because they "want" them. These men do not believe that they have what it takes to maintain a relationship with a woman who stays because she simply wants to be in that relationship. It that old keep them "barefoot and pregnant" mentality.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:38 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Underage girls in trhe US are sold for sexual gratification. This is the problem with you and everyone elses argument here. You arrogantly place yourselves above others and look down your pointy noses in judgement
However, the problem with selling daughters into the sex trade is a much bigger problem in countries like Thailand and the Phillipines than it is in the United States. There are even shady tour companies that organize sex tours for disgusting American men who have a preference for young (very young) Asian girls. These men tend to objectify and treat these girls as nothing more than sex toys.

I notice that you have not indicated a disdain for the sexual abuse that these young girls must suffer. You have focused solely on what you want. And that is the typical attitude of the types of men who fly around the world to have "relations" with these girls.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:40 AM

I am not arguing that they are better. I am arguing that at a certain age there might be a better pool of possible mates there than here. Not the fault of an American women. Its the differences in the societies, laws, demographics and culture.

If I am between 18 and 24 I'd prefer the US

Quote:
Congratulations.

I am not trying to argue with you. I am trying to figure out the reasoning behind your argument that American women are inferior to Asian women/women in poorer countries on the basis that American women are supposedly more picky and gold digging when women in other countries don't have the luxury of being able to be picky because they are desperate to find a man who can support them financially and give them a better life.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:41 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
So men want a women to marry them not for love but because they have few other options and no choice but to be dependant on them for survival?
These men want subservient wives. They want dependent wives. They want wives with fewer options.

The men lack self assurance and are usually socially inept.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:42 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
statistical "facts" are subject to interpretation. That means two people can look at the same facts and make different conclusions. I learned this in college where I did a thesis in social research. Just because you present facts and then start twisting and imagining things doesnt make it true
This is not rocket science. A general distribution will result in a bell curve, where the mean and median should be the same. The median is less sensitive to outliers therefore a safer bet to take when considering populations.

Further, that for-profit school you went to (University of Phoenix?) ripped you off as you don't even understand kindergarten statistics. Social science degrees can really be such a joke.

Finally, just to cover all the bases that make up your irrational argument- You don't want to hear anecdotes from other members or at least you will dismiss them. You don't want to review what's in the literature and any stats provided in studies. You dismiss that as well. You only consider your personal anecdotes. Sure, that makes all the sense in the world.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:43 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Have some what? Your last post was your anecdote. I'm simply speaking of census data and the current literature. I'll link, not that you will read any of it. You guys never do.

Age of first marriage wiki
Age of first marriage census in 2003

"The study points out that marrying younger than 25 dramatically raises divorce risk. Also, age difference is a risk factor when the woman is much older than the man but the reverse isn't a problem."
CBS news.

Now, don't let all those appropriately placed commas confuse you.

eta: And do you even know what the word anecdotal means? You used the word incorrectly in the above post.
That just means there are a lot of single divorced moms around my age which is one of the things I always point out. I have a clean slate so I want a woman with a clean slate.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:43 AM

Quote:
I am not arguing that they are better. I am arguing that at a certain age there might be a better pool of possible mates there than here. Not the fault of an American women. Its the differences in the societies, laws, demographics and culture.

If I am between 18 and 24 I'd prefer the US
Why do you feel that the pool of candidates would be better for American men past the age of 24 if they are seeking a bride in a foreign country as opposed to the U.S.?

What about any particular culture, society, law or demographic makes the pool potentially better than here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships