Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2012, 11:46 AM

24,606 posts, read 55,762,350 times

Advertisements

Sounds like another starry-eyed Westerner besotted by Thailand. Yeah those Thai go-go dancers/bar-girls are like that because they genuinely love every guy that comes in! *sarcasm* When I first went to Bangkok I went to a few of those bars, actually not realising they were basically a place to pick up prostitutes. They'll take turns to come up to you, sex you up (they do more than a stripper giving you a lap dance in a western country would) and then make the pitch. If you don't fall for that, you'll probably have spent a small fortune on buying the girl's a drink or merely for the 'show.'

Many of them DO seem to care more about you, be more affectionate than Western women, including prostitutes in Western countries. But if you haven't figured it out already, it's all an act. People in Thailand, the 'land of smiles' are expert at getting as much baht from you as they can. Those who are new to Thailand are often easy targets.

The vast majority of Thai women are not prostitutes. Prostitution is just more visible over there. But I'd advise you to be very careful making any decisions, no matter how genuine she may seem. It's possible you might end up having a genuine relationship with her - I know many Australian or European men with Thai wives who do seem happy and have settled down, all middle aged though (both the man and woman). If the Thai girl is much younger it tends to be a different story.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:59 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,208,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtownKeith View Post
Let me just clear up a few misconceptions here, the girl I met and took me around Bangkok IS NOT a hooker as so many of you tastefully put it. She has an office job , she moved to Bangkok from her home town in Northern Thailand and sends money to her family. Many of you have a warped and ignorant opinion of Thailand. I don't have time to set the record straight on everything you've got wrong I've got a busy day.
I think a lot of you gals are bothered that an American man has sworn you off due to your unrealistic expectations of your dates these days. A lot of posts have been negative and downright hostile at the prospect of someone finding happiness outside this culture, some even find it so preposterous as to suggest I made the whole thing up! My next vacation can't come soon enough!

Yes and every stripper is only doing it to "put herself through college". People who want to fleece you out of money often tell you heartbreaking tales like you just said there.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:01 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,692,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtownKeith View Post
Let me just clear up a few misconceptions here, the girl I met and took me around Bangkok IS NOT a hooker as so many of you tastefully put it. She has an office job...
You mean she plays a 'secretary' as part of her hooker job

Old 01-14-2012, 12:01 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,208,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
You mean she plays a 'secretary' as part of her hooker job

Old 01-14-2012, 12:06 PM

3,295 posts, read 6,986,811 times
I never understood this idea of a mail-order bride from Thailand (or more generally whether it be eastern Europe, Latin America etc.).

Why in particular do some men desire this or fixate on this? Is it the idea that people get from that/those parts of the world as especially desperate/subservient to agree to marry and people like that?

What circumstances makes the people/women from a particular country like Thailand that is so willing to exchange sex or matrimony for a man from a rich country?

Old 01-14-2012, 12:14 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,298,757 times
loads of westerners are in love with the "I'm here to please you, my lord and master" type woman...those women are hardly found in western countries. They had a program on TV here and it showed how far men will go to believe the lies and the hype. One guy was with a ladyboy, he didn't even mind he/she had a little penis!! The men also keep sending money to their lady, that goes to support the whole family of the lovely lady.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:16 PM

370 posts, read 1,362,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I dare you to go out with an American woman and ask her to lose weight and exercise with you. If you go out with a woman in America it's expected for you to accept her as she is. So I do not go out with a woman unless she is already in shape and healthy, like I am. At my age most healthy women are taken.
My husband has always been very health/exercise conscious. He DID encourage me to eat better/exercise/get fit. I may not be a size 5 but I have been doing regular exercise for years thanks to him and his encouragement.

Our whole family belongs to a gym and we go as a family 3-4 times a week. We also take our dog on walks and do exercise at home.

I am also NOT 300 lbs...lol...

Oh, and if I have 'too much self esteem' it's because I have 'great qualities' despite not having a high status job or a lot of money.

"No man wants a fattie." WHAT A JOKE!!!

No woman wants a snoring, bald man, either but by 40-60 the guy will probably be one of those...

Old 01-14-2012, 12:18 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,604,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
You are telling me the women are skinny in India... ? I saw just as many, if not more fat women in India than I do in USA on a regular basis..

People in USA are not fat due to genetically engineered food, they are fat because they are lazy and don't know how to set up a good diet, just like the fat people anywhere else in the world. Oh yeah, and they make excuses too.

Back to the OP, if these Asian women have such "good values", why would they be on a website to marry a white man?
Dude, drop the spite.

I need a bitter ex-boyfriend pest control spray

Everybody goes through that phase, but you are letting this get way up to your head.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:19 PM

16,401 posts, read 30,807,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Dude, drop the spite

I need a bitter ex-boyfriend pest control spray

...?

Old 01-14-2012, 12:20 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,929,537 times
I'm just going to say that if this is what you want op, then good luck to you and I hope it doesn't fall through before or during the marriage.

I don't think you've done your research though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.