Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 07:18 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,706,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Yanno, we went to the movies yesterday. $10 each for the movie, and then 10.50 for one drink and one small popcorn (we share!). That's just over $30 for 2 hours in a movie theater. It's ridiculous, and it's why we don't go to the movies very often anymore. I usually buy a bottled soda and make popcorn to take in, but I forgot this time. I won't the next time.

I read all this crap about how the movie studios are so concerned about the fact that the theaters so rarely fill up anymore...well DUH. Look at the damn prices. Everyone is making a killing...off the consumer.

And yes, we split the costs.
I also have a problem. I don't explicitly ask for money, nor do I give signs. I just don't. If it's not coming, I won't.

And you are right. It was like 12.50 per ticket. The movie ticket's fine. Snacks are outrageous. Bottled water 3 bucks

26,142 posts, read 31,174,569 times
You need to take out a second mortgage to go to the movies anymore.

37,589 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
This reputation thing is way up my head. Losing respect and being deemed cheap is worse. You do it coz you are married and your husband won't mind, right? It's your husband after all
I have NO problem with a guy being fiscally responsible. Even if it's a first date, I'm going to suggest stopping and getting a drink and snacks before we get to the theater.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:19 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,062,260 times
Quote:
This reputation thing is way up my head. Losing respect and being deemed cheap is worse. You do it coz you are married and your husband won't mind, right? It's your husband after all
No, we did it when we were dating too.

Why pay $4 for the same box of candy I can get for $1. I can see if there was something special about it, but there isn't.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
No, we did it when we were dating too.

Why pay $4 for the same box of candy I can get for $1. I can see if there was something special about it, but there isn't.
Do they "allow" external food items to be brought inside?

Is it not like the public places like trains and such where they advise against bringing in outside food?

I'd grab some dunkin donuts if that were the case. There's a DD right outside. And they are way too cheap, that's why I love them Great coffee and decent flatbread sandwich under 4 bucks.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
You need to take out a second mortgage to go to the movies anymore.
And we're not even talking IMAX here. In the future, IMAX will be more common.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:36 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,062,260 times
Quote:

Is it not like the public places like trains and such where they advise against bringing in outside food?

I'd grab some dunkin donuts if that were the case. There's a DD right outside. And they are way too cheap, that's why I love them Great coffee and decent flatbread sandwich under 4 bucks.
I never asked, I just do it. The candy is usually in my purse but we carry the drinks right in.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:41 AM

Quote:

Obviously theaters don't want food brought in. But with the prices they charge, most people that want a snack, will bring their own. I don't think you can walk in carrying what is obviously a meal. Frankly, I don't think taking a "meal" in is appropriate anyway. I don't want to be around someone that is nosily eating and opening bags and aromatic food. It IS a theater, after all. If you want to have a meal with your movie, then go to one that is designed to offer that option, or stay home. Snacks however, I think are fine.

I carry a specific bag when I am taking in popcorn or snacks, so that it is not visible.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I never asked, I just do it. The candy is usually in my purse but we carry the drinks right in.
I've never done that (at least openly), nor have I seen it being done. But if theaters want to continue business, they'll have to allow this.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:43 AM

I pulled a lie that the boss advanced my Friday meeting to Tuesday, and I needed to prepare the deck. I called her to pull out. Texting would be rude. I generated this impression of how freaked out I am and then she went into the "I'm here for you if you gotta vent, I'm sure you will be fine" mode. Booked her time for Friday. That would be easier.

I'm much relieved now. It's way too cold to head into new york. Off to the gym then, thanks for playing therapist for me, ladies. I appreciate it. I think I have to call you Chamataka's angels

Plagiarized it from Ron.

P.S: I hope she doesn't read C-D. I got discovered on the train by a C-D member from Connecticut. I'm not that anonymous anymore
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships