U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 02-25-2012, 08:07 PM
 
Location: Wherever women are
19,023 posts, read 13,300,464 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Hmm, I see your taste in music is a lot like mine.....
I prefer Eminem over Drake though.

I love Eminem
Hey, no white dawg rappers

I liked him when he first came out with "my name is" and "bum is on your lips" where he rubs a rubber ass on people. I'd love to do that on some people, with my real ass though.

But he's turned angry and bitter over time.

 
Old 02-25-2012, 08:12 PM
 
6,048 posts, read 2,604,441 times
Reputation: 9427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
Hey, no white dawg rappers

I liked him when he first came out with "my name is" and "bum is on your lips" where he rubs a rubber ass on people. I'd love to do that on some people, with my real ass though.

But he's turned angry and bitter over time.
He's not angry & bitter. He just got older & wiser.
He is amazing. I love his passion
He quit doing drugs, because he almost overdosed.


Eminem - Not Afraid - YouTube

Last edited by believe007; 02-25-2012 at 08:26 PM..
 
Old 02-25-2012, 08:20 PM
 
Location: Wherever women are
19,023 posts, read 13,300,464 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
He's not angry & bitter. He just got older & wiser.
He is amazing. I love his passion
He quit doing drugs, because he almost overdosed. Next song--filled with inspiration:
Here's the man.


http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FhvV0wXAQl...-miss-info.jpg


Eminem: Butt Faced by 'Bruno' - MTV Movie Awards - 05-31-09 - YouTube

I love that one.
 
Old 02-25-2012, 09:40 PM
 
Location: 'Shangri-La 'mountains west of Wolf Creek, Oregon
12,221 posts, read 8,282,735 times
Reputation: 7637

Change For A Dollar - YouTube
 
Old 02-25-2012, 10:15 PM
 
11,048 posts, read 5,792,982 times
Reputation: 7547
There is this lady who works the corner a couple of blocks from where I live. She is there nearly everyday; wind, rain, cold, hot, with a sign reading "Anything you can do to help."
She stands there patiently; most pass her by, myself included, some stop to contribute.
As the sun sets and the traffic wanes..................................




































































...................she climbs on her bicycle and rides to her apartment a couple of miles from her place on the corner.
 
Old 02-25-2012, 10:38 PM
 
14,540 posts, read 7,535,957 times
Reputation: 11462
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
There is this lady who works the corner a couple of blocks from where I live. She is there nearly everyday; wind, rain, cold, hot, with a sign reading "Anything you can do to help."
She stands there patiently; most pass her by, myself included, some stop to contribute.
As the sun sets and the traffic wanes..................................
...................she climbs on her bicycle and rides to her apartment a couple of miles from her place on the corner.
Nice.

I've seen a dude around here that stands at the end of the exit ramp on the highway. One day I was sitting at the light, waiting for it to turn green and I see him as he's walking away (with his cardboard sign). He gets into his 6-series beemer parked in a lot across the street and drives off
 
Old 02-25-2012, 10:52 PM
 
14,540 posts, read 7,535,957 times
Reputation: 11462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've really been doing a lot more reading about spirituality the last few yrs...... IDK, maybe it's just getting older and seeing the world more clearly now.....

The messages about life have been around us all of our lives..... it's wether we listen or not.
It's because you face your own mortality as people around you, similar in age, start passing away.

My kids go to school with these 3 little girls. We know the family, coached the girls in softball, kids have been in their classes over the years. My son came home the other day and said "so-and-so's dad died". It literally took my breath away! We had just seem the family out 4 days prior to that and spoke with him...really, really heartbreaking!

My husbands complaint about me is that I stop and smell the roses a bit too much. I kind of prefer my life that way, especially when I hear about tragic stories like that. You only get one life, may as well enjoy it to it's fullest!
 
Old 02-25-2012, 10:59 PM
 
Location: So Cal
23,712 posts, read 17,412,253 times
Reputation: 22325
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus;23144674[B
]It's because you face your own mortality as people around you, similar in age, start passing away.[/b]

My kids go to school with these 3 little girls. We know the family, coached the girls in softball, kids have been in their classes over the years. My son came home the other day and said "so-and-so's dad died". It literally took my breath away! We had just seem the family out 4 days prior to that and spoke with him...really, really heartbreaking!

My husbands complaint about me is that I stop and smell the roses a bit too much. I kind of prefer my life that way, especially when I hear about tragic stories like that. You only get one life, may as well enjoy it to it's fullest!
YOu do know that we're about the same age give or take few yrs...... right
 
Old 02-25-2012, 11:11 PM
 
14,540 posts, read 7,535,957 times
Reputation: 11462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
YOu do know that we're about the same age give or take few yrs...... right
You are STILL older

But seriously, of course I do...that was my point. I meant "you" in the general sense though. People our age are already dying from natural causes! Kind of a scary thought.
 
Old 02-25-2012, 11:16 PM
 
Location: So Cal
23,712 posts, read 17,412,253 times
Reputation: 22325
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
You are STILL older

But seriously, of course I do...that was my point. I meant "you" in the general sense though. People our age are already dying from natural causes! Kind of a scary thought.
I've had too much death in my life the last few yrs.... My mom, Mrs. CHow's step dad.

She has a brother that isn't doing real well, my dad is having health problems, Mrs. chows dad is really really old, he had her late in life.

I'm feeling as acquainted with death as a pair of well worn 501's........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top