U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-15-2012, 05:02 PM

11,389 posts, read 6,366,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I stayed home this weekend because I've stuff to do and mainly because I wanted peace and no interaction with other humans. However, you can't have peace even at home. I forgot the air "show" will be harassing me all weekend! Had I thought of it on time, I would've gotten out of town. I was reminded of it only on Fri when some friggin' sonic boom scared the hell out of us at work. I hate that damn base with a passion!
Quote:
Nah... Not getting sucked in here!

On Friday some windows were shattered in town. Imagine if you're out of town and this happens to your house! Also, my garage door tends to open sometimes when such shi*t goes on. A coworker said a plane was probably about 12 feet over his head on an overpass - he could see the pilot's face! As@holes! There was an "acknowledgment" of the sonic boom in the paper mentioning they're not supposed to do that over populated areas, but they do it anyway! Just because they can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I don't mind the air show when I'm planning on being there...but I'd have to hate it over my house!

The military helicopters fly overhead from Fayetteville and my whole house rattles. They are usually REALLY low in this area for some reason.
They're peeking in your windows. Why else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Its ten bucks here. I've not seen it and likely wont in the theater. As to other releases whether they might be worth watching depends on the movie but also the conversion. Not all 3D is the same and only the best and painstakingly done can equal a movie filmed natively in 3D (there are very few) which have real depth and do not rely on pop out gimmicks. To me these are the only ones worth watching.

A re-run is the exact same thing shown again. Calling this a re-run is unfair and incorrect. Same story yes, same experience no. You have never seen it as it is now and the experience by all all accounts is far more involving. None of this means you or anyone should see it but you are dissing something that does not deserve your scorn.
It's like remodeling a house and calling it new.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:31 PM

42,844 posts, read 54,411,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
icon
Not an unusual reaction around here. I've been witnessing the same inadequate reactions in movie theaters for years. That's why when I decide to stay away from morons, that includes the forum as well. My mistake and weakness to post even as little as I did.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:37 PM

24,985 posts, read 18,750,141 times
I keep thinking about getting a big ol nasty Hog after all of that motorcycle talk earlier.

It would be pretty damn awesome.

Problem is some of those sleds cost a few duckets....

I think I'm right on track for my mid life crisis.........

Old 04-15-2012, 07:41 PM

15,005 posts, read 8,312,411 times
Quote:

Yeah I could just about wave to them.

Okay so we went out on the boat today...found a quiet cove and the boys fished while the girls read. So we go to start the boat up to leave and the boat won't start

We were REALLY far away from the boat ramps so I'm thinking we are going to be rowing ALL the way back...or at least until we found someone that could tow us.

This is one of those times where it pays to have a handy husband. The starter was bad, so he fiddled with it a few times and finally got it started...threw it into gear, took off like a freakin' bullet before it could die again and I was launched from the front of the boat to the back of it! LMAO. Guess when he said "SIT DOWN" I should have listened! I figured he was just telling the kids

Old 04-15-2012, 07:44 PM

15,005 posts, read 8,312,411 times
Quote:

It's like remodeling a house and calling it new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I keep thinking about getting a big ol nasty Hog after all of that motorcycle talk earlier.

It would be pretty damn awesome.

Problem is some of those sleds cost a few duckets....

I think I'm right on track for my mid life crisis.........
My uncle bought a Harley when he was going through his mid-life. Then he got one for my aunt and for his 3 kids as well...they were quite the picture. LOL

Old 04-15-2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
My uncle bought a Harley when he was going through his mid-life. Then he got one for my aunt and for his 3 kids as well...they were quite the picture. LOL
I watched a documentary about a yr ago that showed the developement of the V Rod.

I was drooling then....

Some more talk to offend the Toadster.

Old 04-15-2012, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Not an unusual reaction around here. I've been witnessing the same inadequate reactions in movie theaters for years. That's why when I decide to stay away from morons, that includes the forum as well. My mistake and weakness to post even as little as I did.
When we visited last year we (my wife, and I still have no idea why in the hell we were doing this on a freaking fact finding trip!) went to the air show. We never actually made it to the base because of traffic. We pulled over at a construction site and was able to watch it from there. We could see buses shuttling people from where we were at, what a cluster f!

Old 04-15-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
I watched a documentary about a yr ago that showed the developement of the V Rod.

I was drooling then....

Some more talk to offend the Toadster.
You can have any car in the world and never pay the first cent for ownership. What would it be?

Old 04-15-2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
You can have any car in the world and never pay the first cent for ownership. What would it be?
Dude... WTF... you going all Sophie's choice on me here??

I'll have to chew on it and get back to you.

Old 04-15-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Dude... WTF... you going all Sophie's choice on me here??

I'll have to chew on it and get back to you.
I'm flexible make it plural.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships