U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: WHICH one gets your nuggets in a bunch?
Breast 45 45.92%
Arse 51 52.04%
Legs 28 28.57%
Feet 13 13.27%
Other 19 19.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 12:16 PM

3,653 posts, read 7,103,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
I like South Beach better because after the first two weeks you are able to eat almost everything in moderation. I couldn't go without carbs for too long. I exercise a lot and need that energy.

I got this from about.com:

Counting carb grams vs. carb portions: The way carbohydrate is accounted for is different in the two diets.
  • Atkins requires counting all carbohydrate that is digestible; mostly this means carbohydrate that isnít fiber. Daily carb intake is accounted for by counting every gram eaten.
  • South Beach does not limit non-starchy vegetables. Other sources of carbohydrate are accounted for by the size and number of portions. Most people would probably find this is simpler than gram counting.
I can't count stuff. That's too much work for me, that's why SB is better in my situation. Maybe you are more structured than I am.

Me too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 12:24 PM

526 posts, read 786,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I started out eating around 100-130 grams a day and I cut that back to around 50 a day. Now I'm at around 40-60 a day.

I eat most of my carbs in the morning.
Thanks for sharing. Wow, just in the rice I'd probably max out. Do you eat any low-carb bread by any chance? I've heard there was a kind but I haven't seen it at my supermarket.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:27 PM

5,258 posts, read 7,647,208 times
Quote:
Thanks for sharing. Wow, just in the rice I'd probably max out. Do you eat any low-carb bread by any chance? I've heard there was a kind but I haven't seen it at my supermarket.
I eat whole-wheat/lo-carb tortillas, but I don't buy any special bread. I'm just careful about how much I eat.

I definitely watch myself with the rice intake. My son loves rice so it can get tricky when I cook it for the both of us. Luckily, though, he eats well so he doesn't overdo it.

It seems as though, if I ever overdo it on the carbs, I can practically feel my stomach getting flabbier...LOL

Old 01-27-2012, 12:31 PM

24,757 posts, read 32,232,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
25 lbs in a month? share the diet, please.
I was 315 lbs, so for me to lose 25 was like taking a bucket of water out of the Atlantic Ocean.

The diet is no meat, no bread, no sugar, no carbs at all for the first two weeks to a month. A liquid diet shake (240 calories) each for breakfast and lunch, plus 1 or two diet bars and 1 or two salads (lunch and dinner) with low-carb/low-fat dressing. I can eat all the green vegetables I want. I came up eating whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, as much as I wanted, so it's tough. I'm really, really happy with the results. The goal is to get down to 210, hit the gym and bulk up to 230.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:29 PM

8,680 posts, read 12,560,717 times
Quote:
Good to hear some men don't mind that. I am slim everywhere except my belly. I exercise 4-5x/week and my whole body gets toned except my belly. They say if you can't beat the enemy, join them. So I decided to give it a name and live happy with it

Love it! Yep, I work out every other day, aerobics with weights (old-school Firm with heavier weights than the instructors use), and that's my weak spot, too. But after two abdominal surgeries, and at my age (45), I'm not going to worry about it too much. That's just how it is. When I was 110 pounds (5'4"), that was still my weak area.

Don't get me wrong: I still work the core. It has just taken me longer to be able to do the exercises than it has for everything else, and I don't stress about it.

Just came from the doctor today, and she was impressed with my blood pressure and my EKG, both of which are much improved over a year ago. She told me not to worry about the number of pounds because strength, health, and fitness are most important. That said, when people weigh me, they usually don't believe the number. Muscle is dense.

All I know is that I'm stronger at 45 than I was at 25, my resting heart rate is in the low 60s, and I feel good. I'm okay with it, my SO likes it, and there we are.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:16 PM

12,978 posts, read 28,277,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
She told me not to worry about the number of pounds because strength, health, and fitness are most important.
This is what I have been preaching here on CD since I started with this website.

Any and EVERYTIME people begin an exercise program, improving their strength, health and fitness should be their primary goals. NOT weight loss (i.e., worrying about what the scale says). Focusing on those three things will directly contribute to weight loss (as a byproduct).

Anyways, I know everyone has their preferences of what they like and dont like. Think mine is clear by the pic I posted several posts up of the gal with GREAT legs, hips arse and flat breasts. Dont find fat women physically attractive at all. Thats neither a bad thing or a good thing, it is just my preference.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:20 PM

21,199 posts, read 19,538,656 times
I prefer my women to have no breasts, no hips, and a penis.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:54 PM

10,945 posts, read 17,811,320 times
I take pride in being the instigator for these types of threads.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:21 PM

5,258 posts, read 7,647,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I take pride in being the instigator for these types of threads.
You instigator!

*stands with hands on hips and gives lionking a menacing look *

Old 01-27-2012, 04:27 PM

42,498 posts, read 41,203,616 times
*smacks lion on the butt* Heeeey whaaaaat's up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships