Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 12:54 PM

607 posts, read 855,991 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the kind words, I'm not too beat up about it, just confused.

I hadn't met her, but we had talked on the phone for over an hour, and I really liked her so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 12:56 PM

3,983 posts, read 5,015,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
Because they don't have to. A man is supposed to call and cancel.

If a woman doesn't call or message you back, you are supposed to take that as a "hint." They aren't held up to the same standard.

After they flake out or don't message you again, you are supposed to get over it quickly and be a "real man" and take the rejection.
Ah, come on now...why do we have to bring in this double standard stuff? A man or a woman needs to be held accountable for poor behavior. And the next time some woman gives you a "hint", call her out on it. I think the reason men think that women don't get called out on it is because men don't like confrontation (as a rule). Who's fault is it that these women, who are so discourteous and thoughtless, aren't called out for tacky behavior? You notice that men get called out by women...that's cause they don't want that behavior to slide. Why not do the same thing?

The bottom line is people are rude...and when they are, feel free to let them know. How else will they change? And if they don't, it's one less person for you to worry about.

Old 01-17-2012, 12:57 PM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
So, I'm not going. Plus, its snowing hard outside, don't wanna drive in that.
Since the weather is pretty bad, why don't you call her ( text, email or whatever) and show your concern asking if she still is up for the date in that weather.
If you don't go, and she will show up regardless of the weather, because she still thinks you two have a date - you will feel like crap.
If you don't go, you will wonder... did she show up or not... ?

Old 01-17-2012, 02:05 PM

607 posts, read 855,991 times
So, women just do this cause they can? She wasted 1 hr talking to me on the phone so she could do this?

Old 01-17-2012, 02:12 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,724,631 times
Quote:
So, women just do this cause they can? She wasted 1 hr talking to me on the phone so she could do this?
Yes. It's called being flaky. It happens. She was prolly waiting for the next best thing & when that came along she did the fade.

Old 01-17-2012, 02:14 PM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
So, what time is the date?? Let us know how was it...

Old 01-17-2012, 02:17 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,468 times
Quote:
It happens...I went on a date, and I thought we had a blast spent the whole day and night together. She said it was the best time of her life, kissed me and said she couldn't wait to see me again. Texted her the next day, to say hi, no response...texted her again to see if everything was ok...no response. Called and left a message, no call back. So I pretty much got the hint. Don't know what happened between the time she saw me and when she woke up in the morning, but she changed her mind. And that is just one story of many. And guys do the same thing, people in general can just flake on you. At the end of the day, you move on and don't dwell on it. All you did was talk on the phone, you didn't waste your whole life away on her or anything like that.

Old 01-17-2012, 02:29 PM

3,501 posts, read 6,166,988 times
Quote:
OMG, I'm sick of the women-bashing in this thread. Men and women can be rude. Men and women can be considerate and courteous. It's not a female thing, contrary to what some of the guys on this thread will tell you. I've encountered plenty of rude guys too. Sheesh.

Old 01-17-2012, 02:29 PM

1,702 posts, read 2,324,299 times
Quote:
She probably got a better offer online and lost interest. Happens all the time on there because they have so many men messaging them. Next time don't let days pass where you don't talk to her. Stay in touch and don't let the "fish" get away.

If you really want to press the issue since you really have nothing to lose, you can send her a message tomorrow and say:

"Hey, thought we had a date? I waited for you but you never showed? Could of let me know you weren't going instead of not showing up. I really liked talking to you but I guess you just weren't interested. Thanks for letting me know"

And wait to see if she responds...

Old 01-17-2012, 02:54 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
100s of guys message every woman. Even the ugliest one, uglier than Rosie O Donnell or Oprah. Can you imagine how much that drives the female ego up? All you have to say is, next

The more you buzz her, the more you feed into her empty ego.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships