Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 02:14 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,864,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
What I don't understand is why, for example, a gay woman would be attracted to a very masculine gay woman, but not to a man. Likewise, if a gay man is repulsed by a woman sexually, why would he be attracted to an effeminate male?
There are so many things in this world we don't understand, or don't know the answer to, and many so-caled "experts" have come up with several theories that supposedly answer your question, and 99% of them are a bunch of nonsense.

There's only one answer to your question - That's what they want to be, it's their choice, and the wrong choice I might add.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 02:24 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,442 times
It's funny. When no one is looking for an argument, they just have a questions, how a certain group of people who've been around for a couple thou' get aggressive. What fear, what deep hidden desire causes this? That's my questions.

Yes, I know this post will get deleted for being of subject, but so should the above one!

Old 10-01-2007, 02:24 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,307,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
and the wrong choice I might add.
That last dig was completely unnecessary. It's not your place to judge, and not everyone believes the same as you.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:30 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,179,163 times
You go Claire_F!

Magnum Mike, shame on you for being jugdemental!! I was with you til that last statement. You know what they say......If you can't say something nice.....

Love anyway,
La

Old 10-01-2007, 02:42 PM

I'm not judging anybody, I'm only expressing my opinion about homosexuality. If you agree with me fine, if you don't, well that's fine with me too.

It's not my job to judge.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:53 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,307,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I'm not judging anybody, I'm only expressing my opinion about homosexuality. If you agree with me fine, if you don't, well that's fine with me too.

It's not my job to judge.
Damn right it's not your job. Call it an opinion if you want, but you said that the answer is it's the wrong choice. That's passing judgment. It's not your place to decide whether they're right or wrong.

As the Goddess said, if you can't say something nice, better not to say anything at all. The OP asked a legitimate question. A "why" question. There was no call to pronounce judgment on the morality of the subject.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:04 PM

283 posts, read 1,384,369 times
go easy on magnum mike he has short comings

Old 10-01-2007, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_F View Post
...It's not your place to decide whether they're right or wrong.

As the Goddess said, if you can't say something nice, better not to say anything at all. The OP asked a legitimate question. A "why" question. There was no call to pronounce judgment on the morality of the subject.
Oh good grief! You're twising the meaning of my words Claire, again I'm only expressing my opinion, I do have a right to do so don't I, even if I thought homosexuality is the wrong choice?

I also did answer the question by giving an honest answer. Is that wrong?

And I am being nice.

Say all you want, I will not reply to your rhetoric anymore.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:50 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
Be careful my friends, the last time I defended a gay poster from a "christian" opinion, I received an infraction.

To stay on topic. I also believe that most effeminate gay men ARE following their true nature. So it is not a "choice". What IS a choice is how I react to their effeminate behavior.

I have learned that my negative reaction to their effeminate behavior was taught to me by society.

And if one really gets past the judgemental knee jerk response, one might find the effeminate male or butch female has a very beautiful soul, a kind heart, and maybe a good friend. At least that has been my experience.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:57 PM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorytampa View Post
I'm a gay man. For the most part my mannerisms are masuline (though I do love a good broadway show LOL!). I am attracted to men (not a particular organ as one poster put it) and I prefer my man to be masculine. However, if I meet a guy who has many of the qualities that I look for in a mate and he happens to be somewhat effeminate (not too over the top) than I can overlook that. It's simply not as important as a big heart and loving nature, etc. In fact, one of my exes took alot of crap from my friends because he was so called "nelly". I usually found those traits of his to be entertaining.

Remember, masculine and feminine roles are societally driven. I think when on is GLBT those constraints are not as bindingly strong to us since we have already left the heteronormative role.

I think it's sad that there is also much division in the gay community between effeminate and masculine men. I hate it when I hear a gay man put down another gay man because of his mannerisms. It's a way to make themselves feel better about being gay. Much like the divisions during segragation of black people putting down other black people who had darker skin than their own. Half the time it cracks me up. The so called masculine guy putting down the so called nelly guy is usually just as effeminate himself!
Thanks for your thoughtful answer. I understand how a gay person is wired to find the same sex attractive in the same way as a hetero is attracted to the opposite sex, but I still do not see any heterosexual men married to women who dress and act like men. Nor have I ever seen a woman married to a man who acts like a woman. Thus, my original question about why this happens frequently in the gay community. I'm afraid, so far, nobody has been able to make me get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships