Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 06:48 PM

845 posts, read 1,349,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I've always felt like that's something pretty much reserved for the movies. I bring this up because today I got on an elevator with a kinda cute girl and somehow I think we ended up flirting a little bit, I'm not sure if one would call it that but whatever. I thought to myself how it'd be kinda cool to get her number but I didn't wanna be a creepy ass.

So has anyone here ever gotten a number from a woman after very limited interaction in some place like the checkout line or bus stop or whatever?
I didn't get a number, but I did talk a cute girl in an elevator. However, I have no idea what she was talking about.

I was working in a EMT company at the time and I was picking up a patient. I got into the elevator and it stopped at the next floor going down. This lady walked in, pushed the button for her floor. She turned to me and said, "I don't know why, but you remind me of someone I watched on the Food Network. Something about spiders and TV dinners."

I just laughed and did my normal routine of squirming and looking around. I turned back to her and she was still looking at me but with a serious look.

Once the ride ended, I was walking out when the lady grabbed my arm and said, "I said that to make it so you thought I was crazy. I didn't want you to think I was some free chick you could pick up."

My answer, "Well bummer for you, I'm not that crazy." The patient I was transporting turned to me and said, "What the frick was that all about?"
"I have no idea."
"Did she really say she wanted you over for dinner?"

Heh, funny story... I cried a little when I dropped off the patient
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 06:51 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,742,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
yeah, your self esteem is definitely in the toilet mate. You really need to work on that stat. Let me put it this way, would you date someone with your mindset, if you were a chick? Come on...stop this defeatist mentality.

Take your lazy ass to the gym (2-3 times/wk), get your hair cut on a regular basis, dress like a decent human being before living the house, and most importantly work on your people skills; you must learn to strike simple casual conversations that are not too inquisitive but can spark interest. Dont bring up your flaws, focus on her...compliment her outfit, eyes, hair whatever...just say something nice about her and take your cue from the reaction. Its women you guys...stop acting like getting shut down is equivalent to a trip to the gas chamber. Besides, any woman that likes you right off the bat will encourage you to approach with subtle hints. Watch them, study them and learn to adjust according to the one you are interested in. I grew up in a household of women so may be thats why i cant really understand this sort of behavior.

You'd be surprised to know that the one chick you think is drop dead gorgeous is insecure about her feet, or butt, or chest ..whatever...she puts on a good front while in public...why cant you do the same? If you were in my entourage, i'd have slapped you several times by now for always sounding so depressing. Get out there and hunt...Davro
I like to begin conversations with stranger women with the line, "So...what's your problem?"

If it ever works, then I'll know I've really found a keeper. Or a creeper. Either way, I'll take her.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:59 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
I guess because no one wants to admit they're cowardly when it comes to these sorts of things

You are right though, I should have done that.
Hurri - you would be AMAZED at how many gals you could meet this way. I'm serious. Have some cards printed up with your contact information on them, and keep a few in your pocket. If you see a cute gal, make eye contact, smile, and see if there is any response. If there is, then you make a bold move...something like walking up behind her, tapping her on the shoulder, and say..."Excuse me miss...but I just wanted to tell you that you're the cutest thing I've seen all week. If you break up with your boyfriend...give me a call, okay?? I'd love to chat!" And hand her your card and walk away...

I know it takes some kahunas....but if you try it a few times...it will get easier. You don't have to do it exactly like that...but something along those lines. Women love knowing that they have your attention...so give it to them.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:09 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,724,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
If you see a cute gal, make eye contact, smile, and see if there is any response. If there is, then you make a bold move...something like walking up behind her, tapping her on the shoulder, and say..."Excuse me miss...but I just wanted to tell you that you're the cutest thing I've seen all week. If you break up with your boyfriend...give me a call, okay?? I'd love to chat!" And hand her your card and walk away...
Bro, don't say that. You'll really look like a creeper. Just do what Percentage said.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:16 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Bro, don't say that. You'll really look like a creeper. Just do what Percentage said.
I agree! I would wonder what he was smoking if he thought that would work.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:16 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
I disagree. If you don't act creepy about it...and just be confident...it's a great way to get someones attention...in a good way. Obviously you should be dressed in an appealing manner...not like a street bum. It won't work for all gals...but it will for some.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:18 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Sure, it's happened a few times.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:43 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,307,651 times
Sure, got her number and bit more than that. It's not hard, you just have to approach.

I notice with lots of younger guys or people who just don't know the ropes, they can build a nice conversation yet they can't close the deal. Closing the deal doesn't necessarily mean smashing, just following through with the encounter.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:54 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times
Yeah following through is the tough part I suppose. At least I eked out a "Have a nice day" when we both got off the elevator instead of "uh, bye."

Old 01-17-2012, 07:58 PM

105 posts, read 127,163 times
Quote:
Yeah following through is the tough part I suppose. At least I eked out a "Have a nice day" when we both got off the elevator instead of "uh, bye."
Go with your gut on future encounters...unless you'll see these people daily!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships