Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 03:52 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times

Advertisements

I've always felt like that's something pretty much reserved for the movies. I bring this up because today I got on an elevator with a kinda cute girl and somehow I think we ended up flirting a little bit, I'm not sure if one would call it that but whatever. I thought to myself how it'd be kinda cool to get her number but I didn't wanna be a creepy ass.

So has anyone here ever gotten a number from a woman after very limited interaction in some place like the checkout line or bus stop or whatever?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 03:57 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,357,941 times
I did that all the time, only i gave them my number and left it up to them to call and 90% of the time..they did.

Why do you guys always come up with some lame excuse to justify giving in to fear. Hey my name is HurricaneDC..i really enjoyed our little conversation and you seem like a nice person to be around. i'd really like to get to know if you like. Here is my number..if you ever want to chit chat...have a good one. Leave it up to her.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:00 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,025 times
I've been in the grocery store checkout line several times when guys have tried to ask me out. Pretty awkward. Especially the time the checkout clerk did it.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:01 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times
I guess because no one wants to admit they're cowardly when it comes to these sorts of things

You are right though, I should have done that.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:35 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,177,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I guess because no one wants to admit they're cowardly when it comes to these sorts of things

You are right though, I should have done that.
You've got nothing to lose; I've had men strike up conversations in the checkout lines a few different times. I never give my number out, but I will take theirs. Be confident, flirt a little & don't be creepy. Next time try it

Old 01-17-2012, 05:42 PM

11,865 posts, read 17,000,344 times
I had a guy ask me out in Pet Co a few years ago. I don't think it's all that unusual for men to try. Actually getting the number is another story.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:28 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,938,161 times
I think this kind of thing would only work if you are highly attractive.

There's no way it would work for someone like me. Even women with acne or slightly overweight are repulsed by me. And then these jerks like my dad tell me I'm a good looking guy. It's a bunch of crap.

So, no, I think you have to look like George Clooney or that young attractive guy who did Ides of March with him (can't think of the guy's name) or Timberlake in order for this kind of trick to work.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:34 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,740,612 times
Never even considered trying. I'm one of those guys who comes off as a serial rapist if he does anything besides acting utterly disinterested.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:35 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,311 times
Um, who hasn't?

Old 01-17-2012, 06:47 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,357,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
I think this kind of thing would only work if you are highly attractive.

There's no way it would work for someone like me. Even women with acne or slightly overweight are repulsed by me. And then these jerks like my dad tell me I'm a good looking guy. It's a bunch of crap.

So, no, I think you have to look like George Clooney or that young attractive guy who did Ides of March with him (can't think of the guy's name) or Timberlake in order for this kind of trick to work.
yeah, your self esteem is definitely in the toilet mate. You really need to work on that stat. Let me put it this way, would you date someone with your mindset, if you were a chick? Come on...stop this defeatist mentality.

Take your lazy ass to the gym (2-3 times/wk), get your hair cut on a regular basis, dress like a decent human being before living the house, and most importantly work on your people skills; you must learn to strike simple casual conversations that are not too inquisitive but can spark interest. Dont bring up your flaws, focus on her...compliment her outfit, eyes, hair whatever...just say something nice about her and take your cue from the reaction. Its women you guys...stop acting like getting shut down is equivalent to a trip to the gas chamber. Besides, any woman that likes you right off the bat will encourage you to approach with subtle hints. Watch them, study them and learn to adjust according to the one you are interested in. I grew up in a household of women so may be thats why i cant really understand this sort of behavior.

You'd be surprised to know that the one chick you think is drop dead gorgeous is insecure about her feet, or butt, or chest ..whatever...she puts on a good front while in public...why cant you do the same? If you were in my entourage, i'd have slapped you several times by now for always sounding so depressing. Get out there and hunt...Davro
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships