Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 02:08 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,902,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
You beat me to suggesting a narcissist; bur what about a sociopath?

Sociopath: Symptoms of a Sociopath

Amanda Somberg - Avoiding Narcissists & Sociopaths

I try not to use the word/term sociopath (although most narcissists walk a fine line between the two) because I feel that a classification like that should be reserved for psychologists and psychiatrists after a period of time in which to analyze the person. I feel that way because sociopathy is in fact so much more serious. They are similiarities though, but what i have noticed is that the behavior and traits intertwine between the two, narcissists tend to fly under the radar, and do not ever directly engage in any criminal behavior and are less obvious - but at times also more intelligent than sociopaths and better at maintaining the charade that is their lives. Both are dangerous and should be avoided.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 02:23 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,876,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
I try not to use the word/term sociopath (although most narcissists walk a fine line between the two) because I feel that a classification like that should be reserved for psychologists and psychiatrists after a period of time in which to analyze the person. I feel that way because sociopathy is in fact so much more serious. They are similiarities though, but what i have noticed is that the behavior and traits intertwine between the two, narcissists tend to fly under the radar, and do not ever directly engage in any criminal behavior and are less obvious - but at times also more intelligent than sociopaths and better at maintaining the charade that is their lives. Both are dangerous and should be avoided.

That guy doesn't seem narcissistic though.. honestly we don't even know if he's a bad guy. Maybe we could say he is annoyed by the OP and is simply trying to get her to go away but she doesn't get the picture.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:31 PM

228 posts, read 421,069 times
If he doesn't make you feel good about yourself from the beginning, what's the point of pursuing him? Isn't the beginning of a relationship supposed to be the "honeymoon" period? Honestly, where is the relationship going to go? Certainly not up, IMHO. If it isn't good in the beginning, I don't think it ever will be.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:26 PM

102 posts, read 296,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
It sounds to me like he's just not that in to you and you're trying way too hard and he just doesn't really care. Happens to the best of us, just don't let it bother you and find someone new.
I agree he obviously did not want me but this dude texted me and told me to come over. Months ago when he told me he wasnt sure about us he stopped talking to me and then a month later decides he wants to again. So if he wanted to get rid of me he should have. He was playing games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
meltaway...why would you text and text, over and over to someone who's made you"feel so terrible" about yourself?? .
Quote:
Originally Posted by meltaway View Post
The first time I did only text him. He said he had fallen asleep. I believed him because he works overnight so it sounded plausible. So the second time I called numerous times to "wake him up" and texted him instead of leaving a voice mail.
And I asked did he want me to call him before I came to wake him up thats why I keep calling....
and I WAS crazy about him. So I thought something was wrong with me and thought why didnt he like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Really just sounds like dude had a girl on the side and you too. Maybe a whole collection.

How does him changing a picture hurt you after you said you didn't want to talk to him?
There were 2 different times he stood me up well more than that but 2 that I mentioned. The first he said he was sorry he feel asleep and I could come over. I said no I dont want to talk to you. Then we slowly started contacting each other again. This week he blew me off has yet to say anything. The message I sent him on facebook was saying It was really ****ed up of him doing that and unfriended hum. I had no intention of ever talking to him agian. I went to delete all our private messages a few hours later when I noticed he changed his picture. So i feel he made it a point to put some girls photo for whatever reason to make me jealous or send some type of message.

Okay that was alot to answer took forever. I am moving on ready to forget about him just had to vent.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:27 PM

And I don't think he is a sociopath just an *******.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:29 PM

LOL azz-hole

Old 01-19-2012, 04:37 PM

7,124 posts, read 8,628,531 times
Learn from this experience...never chase a guy,they see it as weakness and will exploit it! Move on at 19 there are many more ducks in the puddle!!

Old 01-19-2012, 04:40 PM

Oh I will I won't be talking to guys in a looooooooooooong time. I didnt have sex with him either thank god

Last edited by meltaway; 01-19-2012 at 05:15 PM..

Old 01-19-2012, 10:39 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,504,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meltaway View Post
And I don't think he is a sociopath just an *******.
You're right. Sociopath, narcissist, and stalker are the catch-all terms used for rotten relationships that aren't going anywhere.

Set some personal relationship boundaries and learn to identify red flags.

Old 01-19-2012, 11:31 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,902,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post

Sociopath, narcissist, and stalker are the catch-all terms used for rotten relationships that aren't going anywhere.
Just "catch-all terms" until you have actually had experience dealing with one and dealth with the life changing consequences to your life.

Seatbelts and airbags are just catch-all devices used to make people think they are safer, until another car slams into yours going 50mph.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships