Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 11:57 PM

102 posts, read 296,924 times

Advertisements

I was kinda seeing this guy but not really. He has also stood me up and ignored me...just made me feel terrible about myself(never told him this) I was suppose to go to his place a few months ago I texted and called a hour later he texted back saying he was feel asleep and I could come tomorrow. I said no way and I don't want to talk to him. I started textng off and on since then. He wanted me to come over again. Okay... I called and called texted. I sent him a MSG on facebook the next day and unfriended him. I went to his page a few hours after I sent the messages and he changed his picture of him and some girl in his room. Like why would he do that I have done nothing to him? We were just friends he knew I really liked him so much. Please no one say anything about facebook and that's what's wrong with amercas youth today and blah blah. And I will obvisously never tAlk to him again not even if he begged. Sorrry for mistakes I on my phone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 12:02 AM

3,016 posts, read 3,910,427 times
What type of person just wants to hurt someone. . . .

A narcissist. Someone that has narcissistic personality disorder, and lacks empathy and compassion for how their acts affect other people.

Inside, despite the mask they wear on the outside and portray to the world, they are actually very weak and have low self esteem. They gain a sense of power at the expense of hurting other people. Always without any empathy or capacity for remorse. They are sick and never change.

Life to them is a game, and the people that they use are pawns. Nothing more and nothing less.

They often exhibit characteristics like pathological lying, they are master manipulators and live in delusional fantasy worlds of their own creation - they are also
total users.

People in their lives serve no other purpose than to act as sources to use, manipulate and reflect back whatever self image the narcissist wants bounced back to them of what they think they are and want others to believe they are. Their lives are complete lies and facades of reality.

They are toxic and disordered. Consider yourself lucky that you did not get closer.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:51 AM

733 posts, read 1,756,344 times
Eh, it's nothing to worry about and nothing to be bothered by. Like the other guy said, it's best that you didn't get too serious with him. It's better to get hurt now instead of when you are in a relationship and somewhat serious. But since you made the comment about youths these days, I take it that means you are young? If that's the case, then you definitely shouldn't worry too much about it because you've got plenty of life ahead of you and plenty of time to find a good guy who is worth your time.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:03 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,074,793 times
He also sounds somewhat a Sociopath, very dangerous, they don't care about others feelings, they are really good liars, and at making things seem like your fault regardless of what happen.

I wonder about your comment you will not go back to him even if he begs, you will be much better off having no further contact with this person..

Old 01-19-2012, 03:40 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
You have to ask yourself why you resumed texting him after he blew you off and after you told him you weren't going to see him anymore. Then you unfriended him but could not resist going back to his page to see his response. What was that all about?

Old 01-19-2012, 05:36 AM

2,289 posts, read 5,774,399 times
Go no contact and forget about the guy...he did you a favor.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You have to ask yourself why you resumed texting him after he blew you off and after you told him you weren't going to see him anymore. Then you unfriended him but could not resist going back to his page to see his response. What was that all about?

The first time I did only text him. He said he had fallen asleep. I believed him because he works overnight so it sounded plausible. So the second time I called numerous times to "wake him up" and texted him instead of leaving a voice mail. Yeah it's kinda stupid of me to keep calling because if he wanted to see me he would have made it a point. Well I was probably going to look at his page again but I did so because I went to delete all our messages and noticed the picture was different.

I'm over it everyone is right he did me a huge favor I don't want to be around anyone like that. Ugh and All the warning signs smh. I wasted so much time on him.

Last edited by meltaway; 01-19-2012 at 07:52 AM..

Old 01-19-2012, 07:35 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
What type of person just wants to hurt someone. . . .

A narcissist. Someone that has narcissistic personality disorder, and lacks empathy and compassion for how their acts affect other people.

Inside, despite the mask they wear on the outside and portray to the world, they are actually very weak and have low self esteem. They gain a sense of power at the expense of hurting other people. Always without any empathy or capacity for remorse. They are sick and never change.

Life to them is a game, and the people that they use are pawns. Nothing more and nothing less.

They often exhibit characteristics like pathological lying, they are master manipulators and live in delusional fantasy worlds of their own creation - they are also
total users.

People in their lives serve no other purpose than to act as sources to use, manipulate and reflect back whatever self image the narcissist wants bounced back to them of what they think they are and want others to believe they are. Their lives are complete lies and facades of reality.

They are toxic and disordered. Consider yourself lucky that you did not get closer.
This right here!! These people are certainly toxic! I am so glad you are leaving him behind!

Old 01-19-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
I wonder about your comment you will not go back to him even if he begs, you will be much better off having no further contact with this person..

He has not really begged for me back but contacted me again after saying he didn't want to talk to me anymore and I being naive forgave him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkern1989 View Post
But since you made the comment about youths these days, I take it that means you are young? If that's the case, then you definitely shouldn't worry too much about it because you've got plenty of life ahead of you and plenty of time to find a good guy who is worth your time.
Yes, I am 19.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:08 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
He also sounds somewhat a Sociopath, very dangerous, they don't care about others feelings, they are really good liars, and at making things seem like your fault regardless of what happen.

This is very insightful.

Diagnosing sociopathy in a non-clinical setting is quite difficult because the sociopath is often very skilled at offering rational explanations for his behavior. What most people don't realize is that the type of behavior described by the OP above is just the tip of the iceberg. And, as more serious issues occur in a relationship with a sociopath, the more danger there is. A person who does not have normal emotional responses to normal human interaction to the level of a sociopath cannot maintain satisfactory relationships with anyone other than a therapist in a clinical setting and should be avoided at all costs. These people are extremely destructive because they operate so effectively in everyday affairs as opposed to most seriously neurotic people who are easy to identify and avoid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships