Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 08:29 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,304,828 times

Advertisements

For example, he writes that in a group, she's "ignoring" him in one second and smiling at him in the next second. Why does the OP feels that he needs her constant attention in a group situation? Are they in a relationship? Is it possible *gasp* that she wants to interact with other people besides him (and because he's obsessed, he perceives this as a purposeful slight)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 08:41 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,397,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Well, be suspicious of generalities without details...accusing her of "playing games" and acting "hot and cold" without a ton of details elaborating the fact. Maybe she's just not into him period really, and he's perceiving her "hotness" as when she's going out of her way to be friendly and her "coldness" as when she has her priorities on her mind.
what details are u looking for? I'm not sure how much more I can explain then in my original post. Are you looking for me to create a running dialogue of our conversation?

Old 01-20-2012, 08:42 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,622,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
Playing hot and cold, goingt out with a group ignoring you one second then smiling at you another? Is this just a sign of immaturity or just someone thats narcissistic and just craving attention or insecurity?
depends. sexual games are fun; head games are not.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:
For example, he writes that in a group, she's "ignoring" him in one second and smiling at him in the next second. Why does the OP feels that he needs her constant attention in a group situation? Are they in a relationship? Is it possible *gasp* that she wants to interact with other people besides him (and because he's obsessed, he perceives this as a purposeful slight)?
im not obsessed, are people that asks questions on CD all obsessed?

Old 01-20-2012, 08:46 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,304,828 times
So, how is she playing "hot and cold" with you by interacting with her other co-workers as much or more than you? Why do you deserve more of her attention than others? Are you guys in a relationship? Please explain.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:59 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,690,230 times
Yeah, I'd drop her, if you ain't done with that **** by the time you finish high school (hell let's be lenient and say by the time you finish your first two years of college) then you need to grow up.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
So, how is she playing "hot and cold" with you by interacting with her other co-workers as much or more than you? Why do you deserve more of her attention than others? Are you guys in a relationship? Please explain.
nope more like being flirty with me one day than next not talking to me at all the next. Like after we went on a first date she kissed me at the end of the date and it seemed to go very well, but she never followed up with me to say she had a good time or to go out again even though we exchanged numbers after that until she accepted my offer for a second date the next week. I dont know, i just expect that when a girl likes you or is interested in you they'll meet you half way, meaning they'll initiate texts or convo. When i ignored her for a few days and didnt text her one weekend the follow week she started initiating convo again. Thats what I mean by it seems like shes playing games. Now i dont act needy or anything with her. I dont overly talk to her or text her. Im basically going at her pace whatever that is.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:21 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
Quote:
Playing hot and cold, goingt out with a group ignoring you one second then smiling at you another? Is this just a sign of immaturity or just someone thats narcissistic and just craving attention or insecurity?
If you call her out, she'll act as if she has no clue what you're talking about and throw the blame on her.

Just stop calling her. And when she wants to know the reason why, tell her you don't like playing games.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:26 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,723,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
If you call her out, she'll act as if she has no clue what you're talking about and throw the blame on her.

Just stop calling her. And when she wants to know the reason why, tell her you don't like playing games.
Pretty much.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:28 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
Quote:
Not enough to base an opinion on. For all we know you're one of these guys who thinks that a mere smile from a girl is a sign that she's into you. Maybe she just smiles a lot or is just being nice. You may have picked up signs that weren't there.

Quote:
I agree, I ignored her for a couple of days and she ends up asking me how my weekend was in flirty manner, then goes back to acting hot/cold.
What exactly is asking in a flirty manner mean? How exactly was she being hot and cold?

Quote:
i think shes just always this negative in general. At least from the posts I end up reading. The girls perspective is that shes a young 22 year old thats in party mode. She probably doesnt want a committed relationship which im fine with but also craves/wants attention
So if that's the case what's the problem then? She's not for you, move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships