U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: When it comes to pornography........
I Am A Women Who Would NOT Want My Husband/Boyfreind To Watch Porn 27 17.53%
I Am A Women Who Wouldn't Care If My Husband/Boyfreind Watched Porn 8 5.19%
I Am A Women Who Would Watch Porn With My Husband/Boyfreind 27 17.53%
I Am A Man Who Would NOT Want My Wife/Girlfreind To Watch Porn 12 7.79%
I Am A Man Who Wouldn't Care If My Wife/Girlfreind Watched Porn 27 17.53%
I Am A Man Who Would Watch Porn With My Wife/Girlfreind 53 34.42%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Old 01-27-2012, 01:50 PM
 
5,476 posts, read 6,835,813 times
Reputation: 5793

Advertisements

Vic, it seems that you must get the last word in and believe to be always right. Its not the rest of the world thats crazy, its you. Normal people would rather be happy, than always right. good day!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-27-2012, 03:18 PM
 
Location: TX
6,486 posts, read 5,623,647 times
Reputation: 2621
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
Vic, it seems that you must get the last word in and believe to be always right. Its not the rest of the world thats crazy, its you. Normal people would rather be happy, than always right. good day!
Happiness and correctness are not mutually exclusive. But thank you for your contribution...

Below are a couple more interesting reads more relevant to the OP's question. Avoid or enjoy. The choice is yours

The Art of Intimacy: Does Pornography Help or Hurt Relationships? (http://www.theartofloveandintimacy.com/2008/02/does-pornography-help-or-hurt.html - broken link)

Is Porn Killing Your Sex Drive? | Men's Health News
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2012, 03:20 PM
 
5,258 posts, read 8,385,901 times
Reputation: 3292
I'm not into porn myself, but I don't see anything wrong with it.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2012, 03:35 PM
 
3,097 posts, read 4,404,894 times
Reputation: 3707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
I'm no more "passionate" about this than I am about lazy parenting, abortion, racism, gay rights, or my right to tell someone I don't believe in a god without being told I'm going to hell. People want to argue a lot about this, and to them, I might ask "Why?"
don't you see that you are just like the person who preaches to you that you are going to hell because you don't believe in god? He also might not understand why YOU are arguing about the reasons you aren't going to hell simply because you made a choice not to believe...you're a hyprocrite!!!

people are making a choice, and I dont care what you say, someone watching porn in their private life has no effect on YOU. Couldnt I argue that being an athiest, that you are bringing society down by being a person who is somehow steering society away from it's god loving ways?..I won't because I honestly don't care enough and frankly its none of my business.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2012, 04:12 PM
 
Location: TX
6,486 posts, read 5,623,647 times
Reputation: 2621
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
don't you see that you are just like the person who preaches to you that you are going to hell because you don't believe in god? He also might not understand why YOU are arguing about the reasons you aren't going to hell simply because you made a choice not to believe...you're a hyprocrite!!!
Um... wow. Not a hypocrite, as I'm more than willing to consider objective evidence. "You're going to hell" is not objective evidence, thank you. Further, outside of threads on the subject, I don't talk about pornography unless it's brought up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
people are making a choice, and I dont care what you say, someone watching porn in their private life has no effect on YOU.
I explained exactly why that is incorrect. Saying "nuh-uh" is not a good counterargument

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
Couldnt I argue that being an athiest, that you are bringing society down by being a person who is somehow steering society away from it's god loving ways?..I won't because I honestly don't care enough and frankly its none of my business.
If you could present evidence that being an atheist runs the risk of affecting a person's mentality, sure. But you haven't. And if you did, then you would have to realize that if the bold letters are true, it most inarguably WOULD be your business, as you are (and are affected by) part of society.

Now... anything relevant?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2012, 04:27 PM
 
Location: Utah
1,429 posts, read 2,098,630 times
Reputation: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
When it comes to opinions on this, it's pretty much a mixed bag, or so it would seem. Ive encountered some women who say they would be thoroughly offended and outraged by their husband/boyfreind watching pornography. Ive also encountered some women who say they dont care all that much about it, right down to a scarce few who believe it or not, say they would, and have watched porn with their husband/boyfreind.

So ladies and gents of City-Data, what are your opinions?
Watch it with my Husband or alone and we also make our own. Nothing wrong with appreciation of the human figure in all its splendor.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2012, 04:40 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 11,600,159 times
Reputation: 7260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Happiness and correctness are not mutually exclusive. But thank you for your contribution...

Below are a couple more interesting reads more relevant to the OP's question. Avoid or enjoy. The choice is yours

The Art of Intimacy: Does Pornography Help or Hurt Relationships?

Is Porn Killing Your Sex Drive? | Men's Health News
I'm not intrested in any of what that has to say because it is likely based on "studies" which hold no credibility with me at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
Watch it with my Husband or alone and we also make our own. Nothing wrong with appreciation of the human figure in all its splendor.
Need a camera man to get those oh so important angular shots in? I am at your service.....
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2012, 04:48 PM
 
Location: Utah
1,429 posts, read 2,098,630 times
Reputation: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Need a camera man to get those oh so important angular shots in? I am at your service.....
Thank you for the offer but even I have slaves to handle that task for me.

Back to the original post though I do think that the votes would be pretty split on the for and against when it comes to women approving of men watching porn.

I wonder what the poll results would be when it comes to mens views on their ladies watching porn.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2012, 08:10 PM
 
Location: TX
6,486 posts, read 5,623,647 times
Reputation: 2621
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I'm not intrested in any of what that has to say because it is likely based on "studies" which hold no credibility with me at all.
I should've guessed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
I wonder what the poll results would be when it comes to mens views on their ladies watching porn.
This poll is set up to take both men's and women's opinions on that.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2012, 10:52 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 11,600,159 times
Reputation: 7260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
I should've guessed.
I don't live my life based on numbers and statistics. I know what I know based on my own thoughts and obsevations.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top