Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 12:32 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,618 times

Advertisements

Do you respond to their comments? Sometimes if you completely ignore them, it stops, but go to HR anyway.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:35 PM

25 posts, read 23,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
Have you been documenting these things for your won or have you shared this information with HR? Why wait?

Both,plus what do you do when one of your managers joins in on the belittling.So I don't really trust anyone in the main office,I have really thought about just putting in my two weeks.This other job seems like a sure thing but in todays world,that really isn't enough.I know you need to be as sure as you can.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:36 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupie View Post
Both,plus what do you do when one of your managers joins in on the belittling.So I don't really trust anyone in the main office,I have really thought about just putting in my two weeks.This other job seems like a sure thing but in todays world,that really isn't enough.I know you need to be as sure as you can.
If there's somebody over those managers go to them. The managers of the managers who are belittling you.

That's absurd.

In fact skip all of that and go to H.R.

And tell them you will be getting a lawyer if they do nothing.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Do you respond to their comments? Sometimes if you completely ignore them, it stops, but go to HR anyway.

Yes,but at times I am forced to speak with one of them.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:37 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,618 times
Quote:
If your manager is in on it, call a lawyer today!!! They will speak to you free of charge, to see if you have a case.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:40 PM

526 posts, read 955,326 times
Quote:
What about the Department of Labor? Every manager has a manager. I'd go to the top of the barrel in writing and if nothing changes, I'd be seeking help from a lawyer. Best of luck in getting that new job. Nobody deserves to be treated in such a despicable manner.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:41 PM

The manager has never said anything sexual,more like catty comments.She'll hundle together with the others,and when I walk pass I'll hear laughter.I try to ignore it but yes I do have issues related to my being made fun of my whole life.Sometimes I'm able to ignore it and other times yes it does get to me.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:44 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Why are you hesitating to contact HR and/or an attorney? You have not given a single reason for holding back. If you are telling the truth, you have a very strong case and you could be looking at a significant settlement and a decisive, empowering end to your misery. Mod cut: Rude. I really am curious about your reasoning here!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-23-2012 at 03:37 PM..

Old 01-23-2012, 12:47 PM

I don't really think I do,when they said " I won't hit that",it wasn't to me directly....I heard them speaking to each other.How can I go to a lawyer and say....they keep staring at me.They'd laugh me out of the place,is belittling and being made fun of really a case any lawyer would take?

Old 01-23-2012, 12:53 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
Quote:
I don't really think I do,when they said " I won't hit that",it wasn't to me directly....I heard them speaking to each other.How can I go to a lawyer and say....they keep staring at me.They'd laugh me out of the place,is belittling and being made fun of really a case any lawyer would take?

So they never say anything to you directly? Is there a chance that they are laughing at you because you have ideas in your head that are very far out, such as that you are ugly and that people wouldn't possibly want you ever. Perhaps they are laughing because you are not as ugly as you think but they want to feed the thoughts so you feel bad about yourself due to an incident where you had problems with one of them and they are now retaliating in a childish manner. Let's just get something straight.... there are millions of ugly people on earth. Millions! Do they all get mocked and harrassed at work? Nope. It must be that they are trying to make you feel bad simply because they dislike you for whatever reason other than you being ugly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships