Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 08:33 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,206,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate_Cupcake View Post
I'm a black woman and very curious about whether non black guys tend to avoid interracial marriages with black women because they do not want mixed children?

I guess white guys view Asian and Hispanic women as a safe bet, because the children produced from those unions will still look fairly white, while the child will more than likely be darker if created with a black woman. I think this definitely plays a role in the low IR rates between black women and non black men. What are your thoughts?
No problem at all with it. Bi-racial children always seem to be the cutest, lol. I think you could approach the matter in a round-about way, because chances are since he is comfortable dating you, he has already thought about it. Maybe show him pictures of some inter-racial celebrity families, like Ron Perlman and his family etc....

Old 01-23-2012, 08:34 PM

89 posts, read 138,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
No that doesn't bother me so long as they are biologically mind.

I mean they'd be my children, I'd love them regardless.
I've heard white guys say that before. I think women are just more prone to accept the baby regardless. Not so much with guys.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:35 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,328,949 times
Quote:
I guess white guys view Asian and Hispanic women as a safe bet, because the children produced from those unions will still look fairly white, while the child will more than likely be darker if created with a black woman.
I think this most likely has a lot to do with it. Asians and non-black Hispanics look "white" enough that their own distinct features are quite dilluted when they mix with someone who is actually white, and thus it is much easier to pass. African genes, on the other hand, are so dominant and apparent, that most biracial black children have no choice but to identify as being black, partly due to the "one drop rule".

Old 01-23-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
No problem at all with it. Bi-racial children always seem to be the cutest, lol. I think you could approach the matter in a round-about way, because chances are since he is comfortable dating you, he has already thought about it. Maybe show him pictures of some inter-racial celebrity families, like Ron Perlman and his family etc....
I am not ready to have children and it's a new relationship, so I don't want to even seem like I'm rushing things. LOL

LOL He would probably loose focus after I said, babies. LOL
But if I was engaged to him, I would definitely bring up the topic.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I think this most likely has a lot to do with it. Asians and non-black Hispanics look "white" enough that their own distinct features are quite dilluted when they mix with someone who is actually white, and thus it is much easier to pass. African genes, on the other hand, are so dominant and apparent, that most biracial black children have no choice but to identify as being black, partly due to the "one drop rule".
That's very true. I have however noticed that Asian and White children don't really look very White, they tend to have more of the Asian features, but they will often still have pale skin. Non Black Hispanics who mix with White, will normally have White looking children.

I have seen a few instances of black/white couples who have white looking children.

Like in this case. The baby looks white, his mom is Black and father is White.

#38 Breast-feeding Interrupted - YouTube

Old 01-23-2012, 08:54 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,634,131 times
Quote:
So I guess no white guys have mixed children or none care to comment.
Ask Thomas Jefferson, Minnesota Fats and Strom Thurmond what they think.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:58 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,229,933 times
Quote:
I'm a black woman and very curious about whether non black guys tend to avoid interracial marriages with black women because they do not want mixed children?

I guess white guys view Asian and Hispanic women as a safe bet, because the children produced from those unions will still look fairly white, while the child will more than likely be darker if created with a black woman. I think this definitely plays a role in the low IR rates between black women and non black men. What are your thoughts?
Uh, some white males may be afraid of having a mixed-race child, but honestly, any white man who was really afraid of a mixed-race child with a black woman is more-than-likely the kind of guy who would not date a black woman in the first place.

But, I see this from a different perspective. I'm going to be blunt: there seems to be very few black women who are into the idea of dating a white man. Maybe on the inside they wouldn't mind, and I know a few you have and do, but in the larger population, it seems to be very taboo.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:02 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,025,008 times
Does anyone go around calling Mariah Carey, Thandi Newton, Barack Obama, that guy from CSI Miami or Prince freakish half-bred mongrels?

Go to Brazil, where most people are mixed.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Ask Thomas Jefferson, Minnesota Fats and Strom Thurmond what they think.
Didn't you say that your mom is Latina on another thread and yet you have the nerve to be racist.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:05 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,634,131 times
Quote:
Didn't you say that your mom is Latina on another thread
Yes.

Quote:
and yet you have the nerve to be racist.
How am I being racist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships