Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2012, 02:33 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
You, too, need to not make blanket statements about black men. Ironic that you chastised someone else for doing the same about black women.
Saying that "Black men have a reputation for being deadbeat dads and criminals" is not the same thing as saying "Black men are deadbeat dads and criminals." I acknowledge the fact that black people in general (men, women, and children) have a negative reputation in society. That is a fact and to deny that would be lying to yourself. Calicali01's statements implied that the negative reputation/stereotypes were the actual truth for ALL black women, and that's not what I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Actually, I'm the exception, in that, I would be a good husband and father; I also run a successful business and have no criminal record. As far as the rest of your post, I agree with it.
Yes, I'm sure you are the "exception". However, you don't seem to realize that if good black men exist, good black women also exist. I'm truly sorry for you if your mother, grandmother, sister, aunt, cousins, all the black women you know were such negative influences in your life, but please make it clear that you're talking about them when you speak your negativity about black women because you certainly don't speak for ME.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:40 PM

180 posts, read 408,931 times
i would think if they'd be interested in dating someone of another race then they wouldn't have an issue with mixed race children... aside from people that just wouldn't want children or wouldn't want to have children with you.

i also think the OP's view of "a safe bet" with asian or latin women is a little disturbing.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:01 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I'm truly sorry for you if your mother, grandmother, sister, aunt, cousins, all the black women you know were such negative influences in your life
You're not 'truly sorry' for anything in regards to me, so spare me your fake sympathy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
but please make it clear that you're talking about them when you speak your negativity about black women because you certainly don't speak for ME.
With a statement such as the above, what you're trying to do is use women in my own family as way to prevent me from criticizing you and other black women.

You have no legitimate argument which is why all you can do is fall back on manipulation tactics to try and silence me.

You will not silence me, and I WILL speak against black women and their faults even if you happen to think of it as negative. Its time to GROW UP Sugar and face the music; maybe then you can find a man who will stick around.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:13 PM

5 posts, read 10,811 times
I do think the OP has a point whether people admit it or not. I just can't see myself being with a black women for many reasons. Mainly because many of them vote democrat, and I absolutely loathe Obama and other democrats. The thought of possibly pumping out another Obama makes me wanna vomit.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:16 PM

105 posts, read 111,724 times
I'm not open to having mixed children, unless they are asian. I don't want my child to have it harder in life.

White and asian get the most respect, just the way it is,

Old 01-26-2012, 03:17 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,276,377 times
Quote:
You're not 'truly sorry' for anything in regards to me, so spare me your fake sympathy.

With a statement such as the above, what you're trying to do is use women in my own family as way to prevent me from criticizing you and other black women.

You have no legitimate argument which is why all you can do is fall back on manipulation tactics to try and silence me.

You will not silence me, and I WILL speak against black women and their faults even if you happen to think of it as negative. Its time to GROW UP Sugar and face the music; maybe then you can find a man who will stick around.
So, you are saying that you don't know any black women who are, how did you put it? Able to provide a good public image, a good wife and mother? Not even in your own family?

I do pity you. You seem bitter and filled with hatred. We all have had people hurt us. Do you not think that I have been hurt by black men in my life? If I had the attitude that you do, I would have written off my husband. I do sincerely hope that you can get past the bitterness that is in your heart.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:18 PM

527 posts, read 1,232,542 times
Quote:
Ok everyone, have at it: Steve Sailer: "Is Love Colorblind?" - Interracial Marriage - National Review, 7/14/97 - black, white, Asian, dating disparity, gender gap, interracial dating, interracial love, interracial relationship, intermarriage, interethnic marriage, interethni

"Although the bitterness that some black women feel over intermarriage is well known, the imbalance rests even more heavily on Asian-American men. For every 1,000 Asian women with husbands, only 860 Asian men had wives, leaving a large number of Asian bachelors left over."

"Like most guys, Asian-American men are fairly reticent about admitting any frustrations in the mating game. But the news for them was even worse. Asian women had white husbands 3.08 times more often than Asian men had white wives. That means 75 percent of white-Asian couples featured a white husband and Asian wife.
"

"Also, among whites, interracial marriage hasn't impacted one gender much more than the other. Although white women hunting for husbands, for example, suffer more competition from Asian women, they also enjoy increased chances to acquire a black mate. Thus, among non-Hispanic whites, for every 1,000 white women who are married, 1,006 white men are married. On a national level, this imbalance is close to imperceptible."

2000 Census Shows Interracial Marriage Gender Gap Remains Large by Steve Sailer for UPI; dating disparity, black-white couple, white-Asian pair, husband wife, Hispanic, intermarriage, relationship, Is Love Colorblind?
Heh, what else is new?

Quote:
Originally Posted by k28mas View Post
I'm not open to having mixed children, unless they are asian. I don't my child to have it harder in life.

White and asian get the most respect, just the way it is,
Not sure I agree with that personally. I'm assuming you are a white guy?

Old 01-26-2012, 03:21 PM

105 posts, read 111,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_down View Post
Heh, what else is new?

Not sure I agree with that personally. I'm assuming you are a white guy?
Yes, I am. I have more hispanic and black friends than whites and we are very franky with each other.

Just put it this way, I use to be a door to door salesman and the minorities in the group got the police called on them much more often.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:39 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
You shouldn't be criticizing me and other black women who you don't even know. Is this hard to understand?? All black women are not the same just like all black men are not the same. You are not so special to be the only "exception" out of all of the other "bad" black people.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:51 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,119,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k28mas View Post
Yes, I am. I have more hispanic and black friends than whites and we are very franky with each other.

Just put it this way, I use to be a door to door salesman and the minorities in the group got the police called on them much more often.
Even the black women?

As a Black woman, I've never had any issues with the police pulling me over for no reason. They tend to not bother me at all unless I am actually speeding or driving around with one headlight. Once I got pulled over by a white police officer for speeding and I didn't even have any car insurance and he just told me to buy some and be careful next time. I've gotten out of tickets a few times by white police officers(all male).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships