Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 07:17 PM

89 posts, read 138,499 times

Advertisements

I'm a black woman and very curious about whether non black guys tend to avoid interracial marriages with black women because they do not want mixed children?

I guess white guys view Asian and Hispanic women as a safe bet, because the children produced from those unions will still look fairly white, while the child will more than likely be darker if created with a black woman. I think this definitely plays a role in the low IR rates between black women and non black men. What are your thoughts?

Old 01-23-2012, 08:15 PM

So I guess no white guys have mixed children or none care to comment.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:18 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate_Cupcake View Post
I don't have any children, and honestly having mixed children't doesn't bother me at all.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I don't have any children, and honestly having mixed children't doesn't bother me at all.
Would you feel strange if your children looked totally different than you? I am dating a white guy and I really want to ask him for his thoughts on biracial children, but I don't want to seem like I'm rushing into things LOL, besides I need a ring first.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:25 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,211,007 times
Quote:
I think it might affect some men. There do exist some situations where the kids might not fit in socially with the other kids whether we like it or not. I'm a white guy with a Mexican wife. I could easily have fallen for a black girl. Easily.

I just try not to see people as colors.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zembonez View Post
I think it might affect some men. There do exist some situations where the kids might not fit in socially with the other kids whether we like it or not. I'm a white guy with a Mexican wife. I could easily have fallen for a black girl. Easily.

I just try not to see people as colors.
I wouldn't have any problems accepting and loving a child that didn't have the same skin color as me, but I do wonder how white guys feel about that.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:29 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
I think mixed black-white children can look extremely beautiful, often more so than pure whites.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:30 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
Would you feel strange if your children looked totally different than you? I am dating a white guy and I really want to ask him for his thoughts on biracial children, but I don't want to seem like I'm rushing into things LOL, besides I need a ring first.
Never really thought about it, or talked to any guy that would bring that up, but i suppose its a posiibility, No different than interracial dating may present some challenges for the couple, but certainly nothing that hasnt been overcome a million times before. Maybe you can find a way to indirectly ask him that question, as in bringing up another couple or something like that, if you dont want to be too forward. Good Luck!

Old 01-23-2012, 08:30 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
No that doesn't bother me so long as they are biologically mind.

I mean they'd be my children, I'd love them regardless.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
Never really thought about it, or talked to any guy that would bring that up, but i suppose its a posiibility, No different than interracial dating may present some challenges for the couple, but certainly nothing that hasnt been overcome a million times before. Maybe you can find a way to indirectly ask him that question, as in bringing up another couple or something like that, if you dont want to be too forward. Good Luck!
Meh, I may wait another few months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships