Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 07:40 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,029,805 times

Advertisements

Well, it's happened again. I met a girl on OKcupid & things started out fairly well: she actually responded to my messages. Anyways, we kept getting to know each other & talking & things seemed to go well, but then we made plans one night. We decided we'd get together & I ask her where she'd like to go. She never responded. Turned out she changed her mind & decided to go somewhere with friends.

We had a bit of a huff, but then I overlooked that and we got back to talking again & finally made plans for this past Friday after I got back from a week-long road trip. In hindsight, we should have made plans for long before then, since she met a guy who she's now seemingly falling in love with.

The 20th rolled around and I didn't have any response from her, but I e-mailed her the morning of & she finally responded & I just learned all this within the past hour. She's really into this guy.

Once again, just before I think something nice could be beginning between myself and a beautiful girl, at the last moment, some other guy steals her away. Wow, that hurts. And I think every time it'll hurt less, but it doesn't really. I think it hurts a LITTLE less this time, but it's still significant.

I wish I could steal a girl from someone for once, just so I could have someone to be with. I mean, if I were permanently alone, it would be okay, but having hope & then having it dashed out in an instant so unexpectedly......that's what takes the wind out of you.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 07:49 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,872,469 times
doesn't sound like she liked you that much to begin with. delete her number and move on to the next one

Old 01-24-2012, 07:54 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
doesn't sound like she liked you that much to begin with. delete her number and move on to the next one

Ditto.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:56 PM

165 posts, read 588,698 times
You need to thank your lucky stars she bailed on you. You might of missed out on finding the one that's for you by being with this girl. You'll meet her and it will be awesome. Just keep your chin up and keep on waiting in anticipation for the one that's coming!!!!!!!! :0) It will soooo be worth it.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy333 View Post
You need to thank your lucky stars she bailed on you. You might of missed out on finding the one that's for you by being with this girl. You'll meet her and it will be awesome. Just keep your chin up and keep on waiting in anticipation for the one that's coming!!!!!!!! :0) It will soooo be worth it.
Thanks. I really appreciate it.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:06 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,319 times
Soviet, step it up a little and don't wait too long for face to face meeting with the next one.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:11 PM

61,699 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Is that the same girl you wanted to propose... with a basket full of love notes???

Old 01-24-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
Soviet, step it up a little and don't wait too long for face to face meeting with the next one.
That's what I was thinking. There were a few extenuating circumstances (cough excuses cough) such as both of us getting sick simultaneously and her wanting me to be "spontaneous" and going out with her when I had just gotten off work (12-hour night shifts) and didn't want to make a bad impression by passing out in the middle of a meal or forgetting everything she said because I was too sleepy to pay attention.

I am worried, though: I feel that these horrific results might cause me to become more desperate and that I'll be more forward with future girls and that it will scare them away. What if I scare away the one that was meant to be? It's so unnerving.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Is that the same girl you wanted to propose... with a basket full of love notes???
I copied that whole thing from someone else. Just wanted to get the girls' opinions on it, hahaha

Old 01-24-2012, 08:14 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy333 View Post
So true!!

Not to nitpick, but she wasn't stolen from you, you didn't have her in the first place. The fact that she didn't wait a week and found someone else while you were gone is a reflection of her character, not a reflection on you, since she really didn't give you a chance. Someone like that isn't worthy of the time you might spend analyzing what you could'a, would'a, should'a. Better things ahead!

Old 01-24-2012, 08:19 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I am worried, though: I feel that these horrific results might cause me to become more desperate and that I'll be more forward with future girls and that it will scare them away. What if I scare away the one that was meant to be? It's so unnerving.....
Maybe the first thing to do is change your attitude about it. It wasn't "horrific", it was an encounter with someone you really hadn't gotten to know well, that didn't work out. Excuses aside, if would work out if it was supposed to.

Don't obsess about this, let it go, and move on. It doesn't mean you change your whole style, and become needy and too forward with someone else. When you first meet and get to know someone, a natural rhythm develops between you. Don't mess it up by coming on too strong too soon for fear it might not work out. You will make all the wrong decisions when you're motivated by fear and desperation. The harder you try, the worse it is. R-e-l-a-x.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships