Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 07:37 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,026,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
The guy is a douche. Not worth your time, and now you know that. Forget about him and move on to the next one.
I don't think he was.

He talked to her every night for six weeks for several hours, took her out twice and WANTED to be with her physically after the second date. She said No, but he did speak to her the next day, but I guess she didn't say anything about seeing him to make up for the day before. She probably wanted to carry on as usual like they were "teenagers" or something and he didn't feel like being bothered anymore.

At least he responded back to tell her he was no longer interested and this non-stop talking every night crap for hours on end is over.

He wanted to have sex with someone he was attracted to. She wanted to "play hard to get" and it backfired.

He got tired of wasting his time and I don't blame him.

Last edited by marilyn220; 02-05-2012 at 07:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
But in this situation, taking too long wasn't the problem. 2 dates, she couldn't go back to his place when he invited her, so he's tossed her aside with a juvenile "too busy, take care, call me" attitude? Hard not to guess that sex was his motive and he didn't get his way so he stomped off. Good riddance, lucky her.
But isn't SEX the "motive" for everyone not just the man??

Didn't the OP want to have sex with him too?

Did she really expect him to wait MONTHS to get some? Seriously???

Old 02-05-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofny26 View Post
He sounds desperate and maybe wanted a quick fix. Your better off
"Quick fix"??

He talked to her for several hours every night for three weeks up until their first date. No sex. They then went out on a second date, after another week or two of talking every night for hours, so he RIGHTLY "assumed" she would have sex with him. Why wouldn't he?

Okay, she had a test. Fine, but why didn't she offer to come by some other day, so he could have something to look forward to?

I'm sorry, but I'm a woman and even I don't have time to play these "hard to get" games, especially if I am attracted to you mentally/emotionally and physically.

How much longer did she expect for him to wait? Six weeks wasn't long enough???

What's she "saving" it for? She's not a virgin. I'm sure she has needs as well.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:51 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post

I'm sad for you that you seem to really believe this

Some people actually want to take the time to get to know a person and be really sure about them before they share the most precious part of themselves.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I'm sad for you that you seem to really believe this
LOLOLOL!!!! Sorry, but I busted out laughing reading this!! LOL!!!

Please don't feel sorry for ME. I'm fine. TRUST.

Quote:
Some people actually want to take the time to get to know a person and be really sure about them before they share the most precious part of themselves.
HA! HA! Again, you got me dyin' over here!!!

How old are you and what CENTURY do you live in??

You sound ridiculous. The most "precious part of themselves"??? Seriously???

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Old 02-05-2012, 08:07 PM

526 posts, read 955,192 times
Quote:

So I guess you don't believe a man could wait if he was truly interested in a woman for more than her vagina?

Quote:
"Quick fix"?? He talked to her for several hours every night for three weeks up until their first date. No sex. They then went out on a second date, after another week or two of talking every night for hours, so he RIGHTLY "assumed" she would have sex with him. Why wouldn't he?
Exactly, TALKING ON THE PHONE. People can say a whole bunch of BS on the phone, that is not the same as actually spending time with someone.

Quote:
"I'm sorry, but I'm a woman and even I don't have time to play these "hard to get" games, especially if I am attracted to you mentally/emotionally and physically.

How much longer did she expect for him to wait? Six weeks wasn't long enough???

What's she "saving" it for? She's not a virgin. I'm sure she has needs as well.
If you bed men quick because you "don't have time to play these hard to get games", then go ahead. It's your body, get laid and have fun, but please don't come in here defending the man just because the OP wanted to get to know more than his penis.

Some women have morals, standards, and respect for their bodies.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:08 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
LOLOLOL!!!! Sorry, but I busted out laughing reading this!! LOL!!!

Please don't feel sorry for ME. I'm fine. TRUST.

HA! HA! Again, you got me dyin' over here!!!

How old are you and what CENTURY do you live in??

You sound ridiculous. The most "precious part of themselves"??? Seriously???

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Sex with someone you love, someone you can count on, someone who respects you, someone willing to take a bullet for you is FAR better sex than the kind without emotions or caring.

Too many people misuse the great gift of sex, and we all suffer the consequences.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
So I guess you don't believe a man could wait if he was truly interested in a woman for more than her vagina?
Within REASON.

Quote:
Exactly, TALKING ON THE PHONE. People can say a whole bunch of BS on the phone, that is not the same as actually spending time with someone.
I don't know about you, but not too many men can talk for hours each night about "nothing" and only nothing, if they're not interested in each other on a deep level.

And according to the OP, she enjoyed his company on both dates. He treated her with the same courtesy, interest and respect that he did over the phone. He wanted to take it to the NEXT LEVEL which is PHYSICAL.

I'm trying to figure out what's so wrong with this after six weeks.

Quote:
If you bed men quick because you "don't have time to play these hard to get games", then go ahead.
I don't give it up "quick" to ANYONE.

There are also not too many men that are willing to actually TALK for hours on end for several nights a week these days either. If I'm talking to someone like this, then he's captured me emotionally/mentally and I would probably most likely want him physically as well.

It's NATURAL to want to have SEX with someone you DESIRE if he fits all of the requirements.

Quote:
[b]It's your body, get laid and have fun, but please don't come in here defending the man just because the OP wanted to get to know more than his penis.
How much more time did she need to do that?? He's better than me, because I wouldn't have waited that long at all.

The OP sounds like she wanted to string him along for several more nights of "conversation" with no promise of anything else. He WAITED, treated her with respect, interest and courtesy. What MORE did she want?

Quote:
Some women have morals, standards, and respect for their bodies.
Yeah, and look where that got the OP. LOL!!

Old 02-05-2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Sex with someone you love, someone you can count on, someone who respects you, someone willing to take a bullet for you is FAR better sex than the kind without emotions or caring.
Yes, I will agree with you on this. Of course it is.

Quote:
Too many people misuse the great gift of sex, and we all suffer the consequences.
Again, it's just SEX. It's something people do when they are sexually attracted and have a mutual respect for one another.

Don't turn it into some hollywood movie crap. That's the problem with many women. They're living in some bullcrap "fantasy" that was never liveable to begin with, so they deny themselves pleasure for an imaginary fear of being taken advantage of.

No one can take advantage of you if you don't let them.

I'm also not in my twenties and some teenager. Those days of only having sex with someone I "love" is loooonnnnnggggg gone.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:47 PM

160 posts, read 295,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh2009 View Post
OMG Sunshine! You just made me feel about a million times better about the last 2 "relationships" that I've had!!! Both started out phenomenally...and both ended (on their part) for something ridiculous!!! This makes more sense than anything else that I have heard...and hopefully I can watch out for this in the future. Any advice on what to do IF you do seem to connect so quickly?
I'm glad I could help!

Going forward for myself, I'm going to take guys who connect quickly with a grain of salt and not put too much thought, time, or emotion into them until I really get to know them and feel they are worth the time and aren't going to run off as soon as one random thing doesn't go their way.

Basically, I'm going to still be polite, cordial, open and communicative in my behavior but IN MY FEELINGS, I'm going to hold back, stay busy and be sure to keep the other important things in my life on the front burner until the other person earns my trust and proves that he's not going to flake out.

I feel that this is a healthy way to approach all relationships and if the guy is healthy, he will be doing the same thing on his end. If he gets frustrated that I don't hop-to immediately after the first date, that's a huge red flag to me that he's a person who's quick-to-connect/disconnect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships