Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 10:40 AM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
If she is laying on top of you, that aint cuddling

Yeah, that's called smothering, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 10:49 AM

607 posts, read 1,216,759 times
OP, yes, I do think you behavior is very odd. But hers is a little strange too. To me, cuddling is more like spooning, not laying directly on top of the other person. I wouldn't be able to sleep like that.
I love to cuddle though! But once the guy falls asleep, I just roll away from him since I have a really hard time falling asleep if I don't have my own space.
If you're interested in a long term relationship, I think it'll be hard for you to find one if you don't like to cuddle at all and give off the vibe that you want the girl to leave right after.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:04 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,300,562 times
I'm a girl and I don't cuddle. I value my sleep more than anything and am literally a zombie without it. I have often times slept on the couch in order to avoid any sort of contact during the night that may jeopardize my sleep. We can cuddle on the couch watching a movie or something but that's the extent of my cuddling capabilities.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:10 AM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I've been seeing this girl for about 3 weeks now and whenever we've slept over at each others places, she lays on top of me in a cuddling way when we go to sleep. How does she think I'm supposed to sleep with her 120ish pound body on my chest? I guess I'm just a cold person? Maybe I'm weird? I just don't like to be touched regardless of how I feel about someone, and I do have feelings for her. Any other guys like this?

I can understand needing to "deal" with this when/if I get married, but at 3 weeks my mantra is: "I have work the next day, we're *done*, you're sober, it's only 10PM, your house is 5 miles away....go home."

Is my behavior odd?
Nope! I'm the same way...certainly at a 3-week point, I'd be walking them to the door by midnight!

As far as sleeping (which is what you are talking about - not "cuddling") - you can find plenty of threads here about that already. Has nothing to do with how affectionate someone is, and everything to do with how one sleeps. Some people love to sleep together, and some can't stand to be touching. Nothing wrong with either one...sleep is important, and anyone should be able to comprehend that sleep patterns are going to be different for everyone, and should not be used to indicate how much you care for someone.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:46 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,762,210 times
I'm a guy and I love to cuddle, before and after or anytime really. I love the feeling of full body contact with the person you love. On the other hand, not sure I would enjoy what you are describing for more than a few minutes, certainly not to actually sleep that way.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:07 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,048 times
Quote:
Quit projecting your hatred for your ex onto me. Get your issues resolved on your own. Using me as a proxy won't help you get over him.

You're the one who said you don't like to be touched and talked about that being cold. They were your own words -- own 'em.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:21 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,853,163 times
Quote:
I've been seeing this girl for about 3 weeks now and whenever we've slept over at each others places, she lays on top of me in a cuddling way when we go to sleep. How does she think I'm supposed to sleep with her 120ish pound body on my chest? I guess I'm just a cold person? Maybe I'm weird? I just don't like to be touched regardless of how I feel about someone, and I do have feelings for her. Any other guys like this?

I can understand needing to "deal" with this when/if I get married, but at 3 weeks my mantra is: "I have work the next day, we're *done*, you're sober, it's only 10PM, your house is 5 miles away....go home."

Is my behavior odd?
What you're describing doesn't actually seem like cuddling to me. Cuddling would be her snuggling up in the crook of your arm (and having it go numb... lol) but it seems she's pinning you down.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:22 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,622,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Statistically, you're not that strange, in general. Her way of "cuddling" certainly is, though! Never heard of anybody "cuddling" by spreading herself on top of a man for an extended period of time.
it is actually nice. unless you date fat girls.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:24 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,690,230 times
Sleep cuddling? Probably not, I'm a finicky sleeper. Awake cuddling? Sure.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:38 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Yeah you can cuddle and fall asleep how ever I usually wake up and turn over. It is a great close feeling of love and security in the beginning, but after awhile you need comfort. Especially if the guy is a boney little wussy. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships