U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 07:16 AM

420 posts, read 434,663 times

Advertisements

I love cuddling, but when I'm sleeping we're not cuddling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 07:41 AM

7,513 posts, read 14,666,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I've been seeing this girl for about 3 weeks now and whenever we've slept over at each others places, she lays on top of me in a cuddling way when we go to sleep. How does she think I'm supposed to sleep with her 120ish pound body on my chest? I guess I'm just a cold person? Maybe I'm weird? I just don't like to be touched regardless of how I feel about someone, and I do have feelings for her. Any other guys like this?

I can understand needing to "deal" with this when/if I get married, but at 3 weeks my mantra is: "I have work the next day, we're *done*, you're sober, it's only 10PM, your house is 5 miles away....go home."

Is my behavior odd?
I don't mind being touched, but I am also not into cuddling....especially when my GF insists on lying on top of me. Why she believes she is light as a feather is beyond me, let alone why she thinks putting all of her weight on my chest results in a nice, comfy, feeling

I like to feel another's skin and have their body near mine. I love sleeping next to a warm body. I like having someone there. I just do not like cuddling when I am trying to sleep. I find cuddling puts my body in positions that are uncomfortable to fall asleep in.

I don't think you are weird by this post. Especially at only three weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
Most of women love cuddling.
...and most men do not

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
My view is that once you're having sex on a regular basis or are in a relationship of some sort it's extremely rude to kick them out after having sex.
Whether it is rude or not is based on the individual. Ideally, the two involved would either agree that such behavior is rude, or that it is not.

Personally, I would hardly consider anything at three weeks to be "a regular basis" or "in a relationship".

Old 01-28-2012, 08:05 AM

406 posts, read 357,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Statistically, you're not that strange, in general. Her way of "cuddling" certainly is, though! Never heard of anybody "cuddling" by spreading herself on top of a man for an extended period of time.
exactly. I'm a woman, and I'm not much into cuddling. I tend to turn my back to the person I'm in bed with.... with my ex, we 'cuddled' for maybe (maybe) five minutes after sex. towards the end of our marriage, not even that long. ha! With my new husband, I turn away from him, and he'll snuggle up next to me while falling asleep, but soon he's moved over and found his own room on the bed in which to get comfortable.

I guess more women like to cuddle than men? or maybe this is a myth? I know plenty of women who do NOT like to cuddle....and even when cuddling, I've never spread my body on top of another. That's not my idea of cuddling.

Old 01-28-2012, 03:29 PM

3,153 posts, read 1,972,570 times
if I had to define cuddling (or paint a picture) it would be the guy laying on his side, the girl doing the same (her back pressed against his chest), and the guy's arm draped over her.

Old 01-28-2012, 11:40 PM

1,219 posts, read 744,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
If she don't like it, she can hit the door anytime but I don't consider his actions emotional abuse.
When he wants to have sex, she usually gives it. But, when she wants to cuddle, he doesn't care. Well, what about her needs? Don't they matter? That's just his way of controlling her emotions, while only considering his own. It's O.K. for now. But, how is he going to feel later, when she starts cuddling with someone else? That's why it doesn't hurt to cuddle, every now and then.

Old 01-28-2012, 11:52 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,510 posts, read 12,058,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
In the end, she is going to wind up unhappy, Hokie. Perhaps you need to ask your next girlfriend if she into cuddling before you have sex.

My former bf didn't like it. I almost always felt unfulfilled. The new love does like to cuddle; he probably enjoys it more than I do. His cuddles make me feel cared for and I get to feel his strength through that simple act. The difference is amazing! Not only do I feel better about this relationship and where we are going with it, but I am less stressed, too!

But it may be that you can just shift her into a cuddle position that is acceptable to both of you. Would that solve the problem?

If it's a real relationship, you have to fulfill her needs, just like you want yours fulfilled.

Good luck!
Yes! If you mean physical strength, that's probably my favorite thing about it, the power in a man's body. You can feel it while making love too, of course, but that's different. Might sound corny but it's a wonderful feeling.

Old 01-29-2012, 12:02 AM

12,596 posts, read 9,532,417 times
Cuddling is okay and even better if she doesn't mind mission creep from time-to-time.

Old 01-29-2012, 12:29 AM

5,073 posts, read 2,784,450 times
yeah, like 99.9% of men on this planet..... The other 0.01% have cats, which makes them gay

Old 01-29-2012, 04:04 AM

3,225 posts, read 4,206,340 times
Well, I'm a female and I actually don't care for cuddling (except for when I'm depressed or upset about something). Not all of us women want to smother you guys!

Old 01-29-2012, 05:18 AM

1,756 posts, read 1,378,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I've been seeing this girl for about 3 weeks now and whenever we've slept over at each others places, she lays on top of me in a cuddling way when we go to sleep. How does she think I'm supposed to sleep with her 120ish pound body on my chest? I guess I'm just a cold person? Maybe I'm weird? I just don't like to be touched regardless of how I feel about someone, and I do have feelings for her. Any other guys like this?

I can understand needing to "deal" with this when/if I get married, but at 3 weeks my mantra is: "I have work the next day, we're *done*, you're sober, it's only 10PM, your house is 5 miles away....go home."

Is my behavior odd?
Are you kidding me?!? after-cuddling is the best part of the whole sex experience...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships